Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed ~~ Rex.com ~~

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We would appreciate current appraisal thoughts from you folks here for;

REX.COM

Last edited:

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you received 110k offer here @ DNP earlier?

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
super domain but its not a product or service so finding an end user may be elusive

$200K

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May be worth more than 100k, but you may have a hard time getting the sale as mentioned...I know this domain has been on the market for AWHILE now...so for realistic purposes I'm gonna say 75-125k

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who does'nt? :confused: (stuff?) lol

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
super domain but its not a product or service so finding an end user may be elusive

Many of the end users we have been approached by have looked at REX from the acronym standpoint Real Estate eXchange.

May be worth more than 100k, but you may have a hard time getting the sale as mentioned...I know this domain has been on the market for AWHILE now...so for realistic purposes I'm gonna say 75-125k

I guess you could say its been on the market about 14 years now :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Except exchange starts with a "E"

Unless you meant "Realestate Exchange" ;)

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would not sell Rex for less then 250-500K...

Taking Offers, but we are closer to your number Batman, BIN @ 225k currently, pretty much our botton line at present.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No reseller would ever pay 200k+ for this one.

I agree with what focus said...75k-125k is possible...i can even see that going for resale purpose...

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Except exchange starts with a "E"

Unless you meant "Realestate Exchange" ;)

I guess you could look at it that way too. We've always thought it worked better as Real Estate eXchange and most of those that have approached us with Real Estate in mind have presented it that way as well. I guess we always looked at Real Estate as 2 words and X representing Exchange.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that havlock. Because when i think of real estate exchange. I think of R E E ...and when you type that in...it's actually real estate exchange...very expensive to pay 200k+ for rex...when ree is available.

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that havlock. Because when i think of real estate exchange. I think of R E E ...and when you type that in...it's actually real estate exchange...very expensive to pay 200k+ for rex...when ree is available.

As far as I know REE is not available. I think its more from a branding or marketing standpoint. Which seems more marketable to you as the ultimate Real Estate site, go to REE.COM or go to REX.COM?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This spam email eliminated me as a potential buyer:

The REX.COM Domain name is currently at auction on Sedo.com, and is officially SOLD at the starting bid of $395,000. This auction will end on Friday, April 27th at 10:00 am EST. If you have any desires or ideas of owning this powerful piece of Internet Real Estate, now is the time to act.

Click link below to visit the live auction directly;

http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=us&auction_id=9444&tracked=&partnerid=

REX, the latin based word meaning 'To be King, to domineer", is one of the most premium 3 letter .com domains to be found.

We have had literally thousands of bids and offerings for this domain name, especially over the past year. There have been dozens of 6 figure offers and in the past 6 months alone we have had 5 significant six figure offerings above $250k for REX.COM, including a $400k offering to payout over 3 years and $650k to payout over 10 years. Currently we are number 1 at the top of the list of Sedo's Most Wanted Domain Names just for the offers that have come through them alone. (Sedo's Most Wanted Domain Names). There is an obvious desire by a very wide variety of interested parties to own the name, so if you are among them, again, now is the time.

After careful consideration of our target price, which was between $780k and $1.25m and current market conditions of premium domains we have concluded that an outright purchase of $395k weighs in for us at an acceptable level to sell the name. We have owned REX.COM name since 1994 and have watched and evolved with the Internet and domains since that time. We have definately come to recognize the value of Internet properties and domain names as significant tools in online business development. Our projects and ventures include a portfolio of several hundred internet domains and properties we are developing in various niche markets. The decision to sell this premium domain property now will allow us to further develop and focus on our other projects more thoroughly.

We wish the new owner of this phenomenal piece of Internet Real Estate the best of luck in the future with their new property. Should you recognize the unbelievable value in a name such as REX.COM, maybe this could be you?

This auction also includes a portfolio of REX domains along with it, including;
REXshops.com
REXnews.com
REXspot.com
REXvillage.com
REXfriend.com
REXclient.com
REXkingdom.com
REXkingdoms.com
REXempire.com
REXempires.com
REXparking.com
REXpets.com
REXcetera.com
REXgeneration.com
REXsearch.info

Synopsis: One of the world’s most universally common words. REX, meaning King in a multitude of languages. REX, one of the very few 3 letter dot com words that actually spell something, much less something so powerful. REX, the original, as in Tyrannosaurus. REX, as in the Lion, King of the Jungle. REX as in a most strategic marketing and branding tool. REX.com as in potentially one of the most powerful names on the Internet.

http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=us&auction_id=9444&tracked=&partnerid=

Regards,
Joey Havlock

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you don't need the cash, keep it. It's worth 7 figures. You won't find buyers here or any other forum. Network, contact lobbies related to the industry you're envisioning. Best of luck.

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This spam email eliminated me as a potential buyer:

I'm sorry you considered it spam, it certainly was not meant to be. The Sedo buyer was from Toronto Canada as was assured to us by Sedo that they were legit. We waited 6 months for them to complete the deal.

Again apologies for any unwanted 'spam'.
Joey

If you don't need the cash, keep it. It's worth 7 figures. You won't find buyers here or any other forum. Network, contact lobbies related to the industry you're envisioning. Best of luck.

Thanks Acroplex. We are not necessarily in a hurry to sell it. We established our bottom line number and thought it would be smart to at least keep it somewhat active in the domainers forums from time to time.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In today's market it would be tough to get six figures on the reseller boards.

Certainly one of the real LLL gems however!

Shame about the $395K "sale".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom