Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed ~~ Rex.com ~~

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I sold Rex.us to a guy named Rex several years ago for $500. I should have waited. Again, best of luck.

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What happened to the $395K sale?

They buyer was confirmed by Sedo before the bid was accepted. Once confirmed, we accepted and then we waited and waited and waited and ultimately the buyer was unable to produce the funds. They tried to get us to renegotiate payment plans and other options and finally the deal fell through. I personally had several conversations with the buyer, a Canadian from Toronto, and their intentions was to use REX to build a global Real Estate site. They have several other crappy Real Estate domains and I guess they were never able to quite get it together and jumped the gun on their cash flow.

I sold Rex.us to a guy named Rex several years ago for $500. I should have waited. Again, best of luck.

One thing we have learned in this 'domaining' business, patience is certainly a virtue.
Thanks again buddy

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Show me the one who even pay 100k+.

Wasnt it you who offered me 100k in the other forum just a day or two ago and then withdrew your offer? And it was also Giode that offered 100k as well and asked to continue conversations, but never did.

he's referring to Adam (DotComGod username) who owns DNF ;)

Oh, very cool. No it wasn't him. The crazy Canadian I deal with was named Chris.

Last edited:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:eek:

shame on him for tarnishing the sacred name!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
surprises me a reseller would pay more than 70k ish tbh

however there seems to be a lot of endusers who SHOULD buy this name.
and i wouldn't be surprised to see a mid xxx,xxx figure one day for it on dnjournal

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey DNF'ers,

Thanks for the replys and the input. Seems as though you folks here would rate REX.COM at somewhere between 75k and 7 figures. We are really pleased to see that no one seemed to take into consideration existing traffic or revenues into their response, as this type of appraisal would be much easier to figure or argue points. Would you care to share or elaborate a little more on how you determined your appraisal valuation of REX.COM? Is it initial gut, letters or sequence of them, dictionary word or meaning, market comparison, if so what, or something else. Where does the value you give to the REX.COM domain come from?

Anyway, thanks again, your input is greatly appreciated.
Joey

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being a newbie, my appraisal skills are less than minimal, but I would have thought it would be snapped up by one of those middle-eastern oil sheikhs with classical British public school education (because of the Latin), similar to the King of Jordan. :)

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that it is unlikely anyone here will pay more then 100k, but I also agree that the domain is easily worth 500k to the right person. If I had 100k to float and I was looking for a .COM I would certainly pick this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom