• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed ~~ Rex.com ~~

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold Rex.us to a guy named Rex several years ago for $500. I should have waited. Again, best of luck.
 
What happened to the $395K sale?

They buyer was confirmed by Sedo before the bid was accepted. Once confirmed, we accepted and then we waited and waited and waited and ultimately the buyer was unable to produce the funds. They tried to get us to renegotiate payment plans and other options and finally the deal fell through. I personally had several conversations with the buyer, a Canadian from Toronto, and their intentions was to use REX to build a global Real Estate site. They have several other crappy Real Estate domains and I guess they were never able to quite get it together and jumped the gun on their cash flow.

I sold Rex.us to a guy named Rex several years ago for $500. I should have waited. Again, best of luck.


One thing we have learned in this 'domaining' business, patience is certainly a virtue.
Thanks again buddy
 
Show me the one who even pay 100k+.


Wasnt it you who offered me 100k in the other forum just a day or two ago and then withdrew your offer? And it was also Giode that offered 100k as well and asked to continue conversations, but never did.

he's referring to Adam (DotComGod username) who owns DNF ;)

Oh, very cool. No it wasn't him. The crazy Canadian I deal with was named Chris.
 
Last edited:
:eek:

shame on him for tarnishing the sacred name!
 
surprises me a reseller would pay more than 70k ish tbh

however there seems to be a lot of endusers who SHOULD buy this name.
and i wouldn't be surprised to see a mid xxx,xxx figure one day for it on dnjournal
 
Reseller wise I agree with Focus, 75K - 125K, enduser may go 225K max in my opinion.
 
Hey DNF'ers,

Thanks for the replys and the input. Seems as though you folks here would rate REX.COM at somewhere between 75k and 7 figures. We are really pleased to see that no one seemed to take into consideration existing traffic or revenues into their response, as this type of appraisal would be much easier to figure or argue points. Would you care to share or elaborate a little more on how you determined your appraisal valuation of REX.COM? Is it initial gut, letters or sequence of them, dictionary word or meaning, market comparison, if so what, or something else. Where does the value you give to the REX.COM domain come from?

Anyway, thanks again, your input is greatly appreciated.
Joey
 
Being a newbie, my appraisal skills are less than minimal, but I would have thought it would be snapped up by one of those middle-eastern oil sheikhs with classical British public school education (because of the Latin), similar to the King of Jordan. :)
 
I agree that it is unlikely anyone here will pay more then 100k, but I also agree that the domain is easily worth 500k to the right person. If I had 100k to float and I was looking for a .COM I would certainly pick this up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom