Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Rick Schwartz featured in Business Insider

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz, aka The Domain King, was featured in Business Insider.

Very early on, I registered dick.com. The way I'd make money was essentially renting the website out and linking it to someone selling a product, then I'd earn a commission.

I'd give people traffic they'd never seen before. Prior to me coming along, the company was closing one deal in 10,000. Once I started pushing users to the website, they were closing one in 25 or one in 50.

This was because the people coming to that site were people who were curious about what was on dick.com. That type of person is a very specific individual, and that's why I was so much more likely to close a deal for them.

Originally, I planned to never sell a domain for 20 years, because that's how long I thought it'd take for the internet to reach its potential. Why would I want to sell diamonds before anyone knows how valuable a diamond is?

Domain summit 2024

moale

Level 1
Reaction score
It's called traffic, they are called conversions, such archaic terminology.

moale

Level 1
Reaction score
I prefer leads but whatever lol.
Different strokes for different folks, from an affiliate standpoint I always viewed leads as PPL (pay per lead) and conversions as PPS (pay per sale) but that's just me, technically getting a email lead or a cc sale is a conversion, as you are converting unpaid visitor to a paid subscriber and or member of a mailing list, not saying right or wrong. It's just interesting seeing him use the wording to describe sales and traffic. I mean obviously he's the man, but it's just like V1.0 of internet sales/marketing talk and we are on v33.3 in 2k22

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom