• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Safenames.net registrar lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

888

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
662
Reaction score
0
I got a few names there and want to transfer out. I just want to consolidate my domains, and not that they have done anything wrong. But all my domains there are automatically locked. I have tried [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected] but did not get any reply. Have anybody any success transfer out of safenames.net?
 
me too.

I cannot get my domains out of there either. They dont answer my emails either.

If you got the names from TFN, [email protected] should be able to help :)
 
Yes, I got them from TFN. TFN is fast in answering my email, but I was just told to contact Safenames.

Safenames had not a single response to my numerous emails, is my email filtered or what? Any success from others?
 
Originally posted by Lats
None of the email addresses you mentioned appear on their contact page - try the ones listed...

http://www.idp365.com/contactus.asp

Thanks for trying to help :). I tried their admin@ address and did not get any reply too. The websupport email I got is from the bottom of their page, and I got one from TFN. But I'll keep trying.... its just encouraging me to transfer out early.
 
if your names are less then 60 days old they cannot be moved per icann or registry regulations

after that a simple transfer request from the gaining reg should be fine

the support for the first name is at [email protected]

and if you have failed in the transfer of a name older then 60 days then email with details of it after first emailing safenames.net and ensuring you do not have the name locked yourself

the firstname does not have any policy that prohibits transfer after the 60 days and while we hope you would keep at safenames.net you are free to move

the 60 days is all reg not just safenames.net by the way

hope this help
 
That's what i love about being only a minutes drive away from them - I can just pop my head in and say hello :D
 
I got an autoreply from Jerry, he is on vacation until July 28.

Does anyone know how to do pushes or owner transfers at Safenames.
 
Originally posted by domains
I got an autoreply from Jerry, he is on vacation until July 28.

Does anyone know how to do pushes or owner transfers at Safenames.


Can anyone tell me if tfn is still catching during Jerry's vacation?
 
i tried transfering two names out of safenames.
HAd problems.
I eventually had to call them.
There in U.K
After two phone calls I got the domains transfered out...

there domain manger is the most confusing.
 
These guys are still impossible to reach. I have emailed numerous times over the last few weeks and have yet to receive one reply. They are basically holding one of my domain names hostage. This really stinks. This should not even be an issue. I really wish these crappy registrars would realize that they are not in charge of domain names, but it is the registrant's.

Does it do any good to complain to ICANN about the total lack of support by these registrars and the fact that they are holding domains hostage?
 
okay

safenames has a new system in place but the ability to move your names is still there
log in to the idp make sure all your details are correct admin tech and registrant
select transfer out
this unlocks name and opens a transfer window

make sure your name reflects the correct admin contact details as many leave the default data in place if the name was caught by thefirstname
the name will disapear from your account and can be restored in the contol panel if you wish to change your mind

if the name was caught by the first name you have no fees or issues to worry about

if you still are having issues please email [email protected] or call and we will try to help you out
 
The best thing is not to register domain names through a website, get them from a domain name website, and make sure they are in YOUR name.
 
Hello 888,

Did you get this issue resolved?

I am just curious because it has been over a month and I cannot get anyone at Safenames to do anything. I have been trying to renew one of my domain names and they offer me absolutely no way to do this. Unbelievable ...
 
Same here, all attempts to get them to either unlock or issue org transfer auth codes fail. Been going on for many mos. Point is never buy a name from a reseller who wants to push them to an acct at Safenames. Don't buy the name even if bargain priced. How does safenames manage to stay in business anyway?
 
Momentum said:
Hello 888,

Did you get this issue resolved?
Yes, it was resolved in Oct 2003. There was a David from safenames replying to me. Please PM me if you need his email address, I'm not sure if it is still valid though.
 
I had some difficulty transferring two names out, but Jerry at TheFirstName managed to almost sort everything out, and what he couldn't sort out was sorted out easily with the person at safenames that he referred me to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom