Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sahar Sarid's domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone please PM me some of his domains. Since this guy is promoted (and self-promoted) around, like some sort of a tremendous "domain guru" (and "almost certainly" "first future domain billionaire") I'd like to see some examples from his portfolio?

All I could find on the net was that he showed an amazing level of early ineptedness and naivety by registering faroff typos of Ebay and Google etc., only to be quickly labeled as a "proven cybersquatter" by his complaintants in various WIPO losses.

In addition of hiding his registrations behind Moniker Privacy Services, he isn't very forthcoming about his domains either on his blog, or his Recall Media site. His flagship business site (RM) lists only a cpuple of regular fee domains related to his Funeral Homes domain. Also, the gazillion word article about Duke has written about him on DnJOurnal fails to mention a single one of his domains (other than previously mentioned F H)?

C'mon people, why is it so hard to see some of his domains?

???

Domain summit 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone please PM me some of his domains. Since this guy is promoted (and self-promoted) around, like some sort of a tremendous "domain guru" (and "almost certainly" "first future domain billionaire") I'd like to see some examples from his portfolio?

All I could find on the net was that he showed an amazing level of early ineptedness and naivety by registering faroff typos of Ebay and Google etc., only to be quickly labeled as a "proven cybersquatter" by his complaintants in various WIPO losses.

In addition of hiding his registrations behind Moniker Privacy Services, he isn't very forthcoming about his domains either on his blog, or his Recall Media site. His flagship business site (RM) lists only a cpuple of regular fee domains related to his Funeral Homes domain. Also, the gazillion word article about Duke has written about him on DnJOurnal fails to mention a single one of his domains (other than previously mentioned F H)?

???

and how will this knowing help you?
looks like he uses moniker privacy on most on his domains, so I don´t think he wants that you know
also congrats this is first thread off yours that i actually am able to read. Others are too long and boring

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and how will this knowing help you?

Well, why should I or anyone else read his blog or pay attention to anything he says? All I know is that he publicly dropped out of the blue sky into the "highly respected domainer" scene/blogosphere, yet nothing about his domains is transparent. I am not saying that his buddies don't know about him or his domains, but the average member of public is still left in the dark. Why?

Knowing some of his domains will give me piece of mind knowing that the guy is not a "marketing fluff" put outthere by his virtual buddies as some sort of articulate spokesman for their common causes, but someone who has actually earned his high-pedestal spot by his own smarts and by paying his domainer dues.

congrats this is first thread off yours that i actually am able to read.

Thanks man, I feel so honored and privileged.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, why should I or anyone else read his blog or pay attention to anything he says?

If you don't want to read his blog or pay attention to what he says, then don't.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Sasquatch here.

It's sorta like when you hear you girls say they like Paris Hilton because she's a 'movie star'. I always ask - "Really? What big movies was she the star of? Did she win an academy awards"?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Sasquatch here.

It's sorta like when you hear you girls say they like Paris Hilton because she's a 'movie star'. I always ask - "Really? What big movies was she the star of? Did she win an academy awards"?

That answer is easy...One Night in Paris. lol.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, why should I or anyone else read his blog or pay attention to anything he says? All I know is that he publicly dropped out of the blue sky into the "highly respected domainer" scene/blogosphere, yet nothing about his domains is transparent. I am not saying that his buddies don't know about him or his domains, but the average member of public is still left in the dark. Why?

Knowing some of his domains will give me piece of mind knowing that the guy is not a "marketing fluff" put outthere by his virtual buddies as some sort of articulate spokesman for their common causes, but someone who has actually earned his high-pedestal spot by his own smarts and by paying his domainer dues.

Thanks man, I feel so honored and privileged.

If it bothers you that much, why don't you ask him?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to read his blog or pay attention to what he says, then don't.

That's precisely the point. That's exacty what THEY want you to do it. The thinking people are given that same juvenile advice that they are free to avoid reading his blog, while the rest of the idiots are invited to lap up his gospel and rever in the rock solid insights of such once-in-a-lifetime maverick.

Four years ago he was nobody, today he is (in the words of one of his buddies) "almost certainly" a future domain billionaire", and a regular fixture on a celebrity domainer circuit. All that with no domains that regular public know about it.

When you ask a simple question how's that possible, or whether that's healthy, all you get is a deafening silence.

It certainly looks like another case of "emperor's new clothes".

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's precisely the point. That's exacty what THEY want you to do it. The thinking people are given that same juvenile advice that they are free to avoid reading his blog, while the rest of the idiots are invited to lap up his gospel and rever in the rock solid insights of such once-in-a-lifetime maverick.

Four years ago he was nobody, today he is (in the words of one of his buddies) "almost certainly" a future domain billionaire", and a regular fixture on a celebrity domainer circuit. All that with no domains that regular public know about it.

When you ask a simple question how's that possible, or whether that's healthy, all you get is a deafening silence.

It certainly looks like another case of "emperor's new clothes".

even though I don't even want to get into your reasoning here and BS arguments, Sahar owns funeralhomes.com, assista.com, flowchart.com and a bunch of other high profile names. His company is Recall Media Group, so no it's not a case of "emperor's new clothes"

also if you go to DNJournal he was featured in a recent editorial maybe a few months back..

google is your friend so that in future posts/thread you don't look like an ass talking here...

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it bothers you that much, why don't you ask him?

Let's just be clear here. The things of any domain nature don't bother me at all. What this is about is an invitation to discuss some things domain community takes for granted. In most of my posts I tried to challenge the "herd mentality" prevalent in this line of activity.

Again and again I tried out to point that "domain discourse" is written by the few insiders who are connected with one another. Although the prevailing wisdom is that "tide lifts all boats", it can also be said that much more people lose money in these endeavors. And my commitment is to them.

even though I don't even want to get into your reasoning here and BS arguments, Sahar owns funeralhomes.com, assista.com, flowchart.com and a bunch of other high profile names. His company is Recall Media Group, so no it's not a case of "emperor's new clothes"

also if you go to DNJournal he was featured in a recent editorial maybe a few months back..

google is your friend so that in future posts/thread you don't look like an ass talking here...

You are either a poor reader, or an idiot who can't think, because you just regurtitated the exact same information that I also wrote in my first two posts. The story in DNJournal talks about everything else but his domains. His own website talks about everything else but domains. His own blog talks about everything else but his domains.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually tried to find this out too after reading the DNJournal article about him, I was a little curious. Everything he has is hidden by a whois privacy blocker it seems.

He is now in the "domain hall of fame", so obviously someone knows what he has. :D

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pray2::pop2:

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are either a poor reader, or an idiot who can't think, because you just regurtitated the exact same information that I also wrote in my first two posts. The story in DNJournal talks about everything else but his domains. His own website talks about everything else but domains. His own blog talks about everything else but his domains.

LOL... you're funny guy... has it ever crossed your mind that the fact that YOU don't know him means SHIT to the rest of us? Others obviously know him for a lot longer since he decided to go "public" with his blog...

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL... you're funny guy... has it ever crossed your mind that the fact that YOU don't know him means SHIT to the rest of us? Others obviously know him for a lot longer since he decided to go "public" with his blog...

I don't really see a big deal in asking about the guy's domains. I was curious about Dicker's portfolio, since he's transparent I took a look. No real harm in that. It's natural to wonder what domains the big guys have.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't really see a big deal in asking about the guy's domains. I was curious about Dicker's portfolio, since he's transparent I took a look. No real harm in that. It's natural to wonder what the big guys have.

Huge difference between being curious, and coming across as a bogus moron that claims "It certainly looks like another case of "emperor's new clothes"."

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Huge difference between being curious, and coming across as a bogus moron that claims "It certainly looks like another case of "emperor's new clothes"."

Well the DNJournal promotes some of these guys heavily. I understand why people get frustrated when there doesn't seem to be any cards on the table that can substantiate the constant promotion. Kind of like letting the public glance into the lobby of a really nice country club, and then telling them to get lost when they want to know more. I understand the perspective to be at odds with "elite domainers", when you're a small guy.

Ouch, looks like he lost seventhavenue.com, which seems pretty generic to me. I would be pissed about that one.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some "successful" domainers chose to keep a low profile.
Some average ones prefer exposure.

I miss Yun Ye :yes:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Huge difference of having a brain and knowing to read posts. I asked a simple question while pointing out strange consistencies in the story about and around him.

Only when no answers are forthcoming, I am led to believe that it is another case of "emperor's new clothes"?

Doesn't it look like another case "emperor's new clothes"?

Doesn't it?

The guy doesn't want to share the quality of any of his domains with the general public.

DnJournal doesn't want to share any oh his domains with the general public in a gazillion word article written about him.

His brothers-to-the-cause (Frankies and Ricks) don't want to share any of his domains with the general public either.

So if it walks like a duck, and squawks like a duck - is it a duck?

I don't know.

But that's why I am asking.

Some "successful" domainers chose to keep a low profile.
Some average ones prefer exposure.

That is mostly always the case not only in domaining but other walks of life.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is mostly always the case not only in domaining but other walks of life.
Amen.

That is why there is no need to wonder about Sahar domains mate, nobody cares :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is why there is no need to wonder about Sahar domains mate, nobody cares :)

On a personal level, no doubt about that.

But,

we should take this a tad more seriously. Supposedly he is "one of the guys" whose opinion on the domain subject is "highly respected" and even sought after. And therein lays that dangerous part; because people, newbies as well as easily persuaded ones, tend to follow these kinds of guys. People tend to place a heavy weight on the "wisdom" of these guys, and they tend to believe them unquestionably and uncritically. When Frank Schilling tells masses on his blog that if he was a newbie, and he had a credit card with 20k, he would come up with enough domain nuggets to be able to make 50k yearly on ppc and outright sales. Now, make no mistake, we live in a relatively free society, and if someone is easily persuaded to part with his money, either for this or that reason, that's fine. That's what's marketing dominated consumer capitalism is all about.

But, what I am trying to do here is provide a balance? If the guy is "domain messiah" that just dropped out of blue while spewing wisdom left and right, that is fine. But what are his credentials? If I was to trust someone on this subject I'd like to know a bit more than his 3-4 domains, and his polished personal background. Is that too much to ask? To some people apparently is.

Yet,

the most common advice to all domain newbies on this board, or even on these "celebrity domainer blogs" is to read up on the "domain industry". So when average newcomer into the domain space attempts to arm himself with the "facts" and "knowledge", in cases like this is turned away and reminded to mind his own business?

Well, isn't that a bit contradictory? Can't have it both ways. Domain industry is by far and large hyped and promoted from within, so reading about "domain industry" these days is a lot like looking inside of your own ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom