Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Secrets behind UltSearch and Buydomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
donsimon said:
Resources do matter if you are going after the top 10 domains being dropped every day. But if you are interested getting the domains that will bring in $5-$20 a day, and roughly say 100 hits, you don't need the resources, just the knowledge. Anything that can increase your odds of getting it and not getting into a bidding war at somewhere is what you are looking for.

We have a customer of ours that every single day, puts in his list of what I would call crappy domains with us, with pool, namewinner, and with enom. We get about 70% of them everyday. Why? Because enom, namewinner and pool probably have nobody else bidding on them, so why waste their resources on that one $60 domain when they can go after the domain that 50 people are bidding on. And then the bidding war can start!

Donny

First can you tell me what registrar you are with so I can start using your services.

Second, I'm wondering where you are finding these $5-20 / day names that "you don't need the resources" for. ? Every name of this caliber goes to the batch registrar groups ie, pool, nw, enom, snap

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
First can you tell me what registrar you are with so I can start using your services.
Sorry, I'm not here to advertise who I work for. I don' believe in that type of advertising. And about using our backorder system it's only available to our large exisiting customers. It will be available to all of our customers in a few weeks.

strongvis said:
Second, I'm wondering where you are finding these $5-20 / day names that "you don't need the resources" for. ? Every name of this caliber goes to the batch registrar groups ie, pool, nw, enom, snap.

What makes a name good before buying it? Does anybody know this? Is it the number of links coming in from google, dividided by the number of days left in a month to the power of the Alexa ranking? :-D

Let me just say, I know somebody who paid over $7,000 for a domain at pool last week and it's made them about 45 cents. And the same person backordered a domain from us that has made them over $50 a day the same day they bought the 7k domain.

Donny

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the dropping domain market is about as wild as they get, and it's only getting wilder.

M

mole

cambler said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the dropping domain market is about as wild as they get, and it's only getting wilder.

hmm...seems to be reversing itself today to as straight as it gets - I just won a domain from Netsol-Snapnames, no wild RRP charges, nothing unpredictable as to which drop catcher the name will land onto - purely automatic ownership transfer, just bid if need be.

Is eNom going to do the same?

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suspect ICANN will put a stop to that - but that's my opinion. I'm content to wait and see.

M

mole

cambler said:
I suspect ICANN will put a stop to that - but that's my opinion. I'm content to wait and see.

ICANN promised Verisign the WLS and never made it happen. He who loses the trust of those who feed him deserve no further respect.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please show me where ICANN made such a promise. They approved the contract, but that's not a promise. The DoC has yet to approve WLS (nor do I think they will).

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Something questionable about the EDDP:

The Expired Domain Deletion Policy is a revision to the domain registration expiration provisions in ICANN's Registrar Accreditation Agreement. Pursuant to a Consensus Policy recommendation from the GNSO Council, and as approved by the ICANN Board of Directors, the following changes to the obligations in the RAA will apply beginning 21 December 2004. (These requirements retroactively apply to all existing domain name registrations beginning 21 June 2005.)

What happens to those expiring between Dec. 21, 2004 and June 21, 2005?
Hmmm....

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the following changes to the obligations in the RAA will apply beginning 21 December 2004. (These requirements retroactively apply to all existing domain name registrations beginning 21 June 2005.)

What a load of horse crap.....over half a year for uncompetitive registrars to reign free on the drops. Worse than a slap on the wrist....more like a slap on the back.
Good god is anybody with neurons running the show at ICANN? Someone find whoever it is and tell him the AA meetings aren't working.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
donsimon said:
Sorry, I'm not here to advertise who I work for. I don' believe in that type of advertising. And about using our backorder system it's only available to our large exisiting customers. It will be available to all of our customers in a few weeks.

What makes a name good before buying it? Does anybody know this? Is it the number of links coming in from google, dividided by the number of days left in a month to the power of the Alexa ranking? :-D

Let me just say, I know somebody who paid over $7,000 for a domain at pool last week and it's made them about 45 cents. And the same person backordered a domain from us that has made them over $50 a day the same day they bought the 7k domain.

Donny

This is the best place to advertise. Donny hit me up on PM if you are shy to tell who you really work for and who you are. . . I'm a good customer. :)

M

mole

cambler said:
Please show me where ICANN made such a promise. They approved the contract, but that's not a promise. The DoC has yet to approve WLS (nor do I think they will).

http://wlsquack.com

If approving a contract is not a promise to go ahead with WLS, what is??? :huh:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the DoC had the finale say?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
someone should really look into the server time setup.
it looks like its messed up. I am posting below mole, and they are showing on top of his posts.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
This is the best place to advertise. Donny hit me up on PM if you are shy to tell who you really work for and who you are. . . I'm a good customer. :)
directnic.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ICANN does not have final say. DoC must approve. ICANN made no promises, they approved a contract subject to DoC's approval.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cambler said:
ICANN does not have final say. DoC must approve. ICANN made no promises, they approved a contract subject to DoC's approval.

Exactly the point of my previous post:

davezan1 said:
If so, then why did ICANN have it forwarded to the DoC?

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess in the end none of this really seems to matter. The same faces still show up on the whois records. Regardless of which system which drop thread aggregator, registrar etc. At sun-down, the registrants remain the same.

What would really change things or be interesting is if BD or ULT bought poolor snap. 'That' would be a shift in the sense that it would deny everyone else access to those resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators