Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo’s First Live Auction with GreatDomains a Huge Global Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Read on below for some exciting news regarding Sedo's first Premium Auction through GreatDomains!

-Monica

"Sedo’s First Live Auction with GreatDomains a Huge Global Success"

160 Bidders from 29 Countries Participated in Auction that Resulted in 14 Premium Domains Transferring Ownership, including Chinese.net, Supernatural.com and Debit.com

Cambridge, Mass., August 1, 2007 – On Thursday, July 26, 2007, GreatDomains closed its first live auction powered by Sedo. Bidders from 29 countries participated in the auction, which featured premium .COM and .NET domains being sold by members from around the world. At the close of the auction 14 domains were sold to nine new owners from the United States, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Greece, and Hong Kong. Overall, 160 people placed 1,100 bids on top-quality domains.

Participating in the auction was chinese.net, which closed at $180,000. Chinese.com was recently purchased over the Sedo marketplace for $1.1 million. Other notable auctions were supernatural.com, which closed at $125,000 and debit.com, coming in at $100,000. The total dollar amount of the auction neared the $1 million mark, thanks in part to other domains such as subscription.com ($74,000) and territory.com ($27,100).

Sedo acquired GreatDomains, the online platform for buying and selling premium domain names, in June, 2007. This was the first of a series of live premium domain auctions to be run on GreatDomains.com. GreatDomains will feature another 7-day auction event beginning August 16, 2007, with gymnasiums.com and other one-word premium domains up for bidding.

Domain Summit 2024

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The sale mentioned in the original post by sedo is chinese.net not to be confused with chinese.com which sold a couple of weeks earlier than the great domains auction

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My mistake, apologies to all, then it wan't as great a success as I thought then. Ah well.

For a virtual auction that was a clean $100k in Sedo's pocket. I'd say, a job well done.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats SEDO.

With so many domain auctions lately I am starting to seriously thinking to also try my chance and launch my own domain auction...

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it worked out pretty well for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom