Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo Non-Paying Buyer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is to serve as a place to post the non-paying buyers of your sales at sedo. Maybe we can get a sticky here in the "Sedo" section.

Transaction canceled after 10 days

SUNIL BHATT
1413, Poorvanchal JNU
110067 delhi,india
India

[email protected]

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$5500 buy now
Transaction cancelled after 19 days

jean claude vin
6 route nationale 42 liauwette
62380 setques
France

I don't have buyer's email

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there something to do, if buyer dosen`t pay? I always thought not, but maybe..
I have 3 domains this year alone, total €24400 EUR, two from Turkey and one from US. maybe there is some sence to sue, if the amouts are that big?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can certainly retain the services of a lawyer, preferably in the deadbeat's country. But enforcing the contract will not be easy nor quick.
I tried once.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can certainly retain the services of a lawyer, preferably in the deadbeat's country. But enforcing the contract will not be easy nor quick.
I tried once.

yes I know, but in US, one was €7000 from US. there would be better?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's easier if the non-payer and seller are in the same country, it's too costly going across borders, and it's almost always not worth it no matter where the parties are. And even if both parties are in the US, it isn't easy. Sedo tells the seller in bold language he can go after the deadbeat legally but they won't help at all. It's between you and the buyer, and the time you'll spend gathering data and preparing motions will take a toll on you, many of us just cannot pay a good lawyer, winning is not guaranteed by a mile, even with a strong case

My advice is get over it, move on. And this will happen again, maybe at SnapNames or Afternic next time. It's part of domaining, period :-( It's maddening sometimes if the profit you were going to make was big, but naming and shaming them on domain forums (and assholes.com, go there too) can go a long way. And Sedo does not let just anyone open an account with them, even for just parking. They're the most demanding as to that application process, involving Sedo's making an actual cc charge to the applicant (and then reversing it), waiting days, not one but two phone calls which must originate from Sedo and the applicant must answer (you can't just call them or leave a voice mail that it's you), your first few transactions are scrutinized a lot, etc

If he's a first-time offender they may throw him out at once, or put him on probation if they think his account/portfolio may bring them lots of commission. I don't think anyone gets to do this twice and stay a Sedo customer, they'll just kick you out, so if it's any consolation the guys who do this are already paying. Where are they going to go to sell their best names ? Go Daddy ? lol (now in bed with Afternic)..... SnapNames may take them....

is there something to do, if buyer dosen`t pay? I always thought not, but maybe....I have 3 domains this year alone, total €24400 EUR, two from Turkey and one from US. maybe there is some sence to sue, if the amouts are that big?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators