Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

see ya ENOM!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just talked with Go Daddy's tech support (to get another hosting account) they said they were going to get rid of the Trans of ownership fee starting tomorrow-6-20-2002

Customers have complete control over the registrant field....the only downside is the domain has to stay with them for 60 days after the reg field is changed

$8.95 for (CNO) and no transfer of owner fee or paperwork,.......see ya ENOM!!!!!!

Domain summit 2024

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using the feature on GoDaddy's site. It's unnecessarily complicated. You have to create a new account, and then transfer the domain to that new account. I tried to do it early, and I kept getting some stupid error message about the account having the same owner kept coming up even though I did use different user names.

I posted this at WHT, and somebody else tried it and had the same problem. So...may the force be with you, and good luck! :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi newbie,

I guess you have made the same mistake as I did. You shouldn't enter YOUR own login combo in the "existing user" field. Remember? You have already logged in! You should instead enter the new registrant's username and password (if he or she has an account with GoDaddy) or create a new one if not.

I'd say it's a design flaw on GoDaddy's part that is misleading so many people ... hm ... at least both you and me :)

Hope this helps, good luck.

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Design flaw, indeed...I like Enom's form where I can just make any changes I need to do to a domain's info quickly and easily. I'll try the GoDaddy thing again, and see how it goes. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll redo their form soon and make it user friendly and idiot proof... :D

Thanks VoxKeysGtr and namslave,

are you guys talking about the form that asks "new user" or existing user"?

It can get confusing, i had put in info in both fields....what should they do? How does enoms work?

TIA

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Mommy is less than half as good as eNOM in programming skills. And I'm not a hack, I just want the best nest for my valuable domains.

back up what you're saying MOLE. What does programming skills mean?

whats so "best nest" about 30 bucks?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok... point by point... you start.. cu_buff

Originally posted by mole
Go Mommy is less than half as good as eNOM in programming skills. And I'm not a hack, I just want the best nest for my valuable domains.

You claim they're half as good, tell us.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I concede. GoDaddy rulez.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I concede

H

hosting3.com

Does ENOM charges something if you change domain owner records, if the domain name is registered with them? Is it so easy as with OpenSRS>?

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hosting3.com
Does ENOM charges something if you change domain owner records, if the domain name is registered with them? Is it so easy as with OpenSRS>?

ENOM does not charge you anything when you change domain owner records....
it is as user friendly as Opensrs

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by flex

ENOM does not charge you anything when you change domain owner records....
it is as user friendly as Opensrs

Pardon if I am being dense. Does this mean that enom.com does not charge to transfer ownership (sell the domain)? Thanks.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom is the best

As a reseller you can transfer to Enom for $6.95

And enom now has "Auto verification transfer"
Paperless transfer system.
For EACH domain on the request, they will e-mail the current domain registrant contacts for authorization.
For large quantities of domains with the same registrant, a single page FAX may be an easier option rather than sending a reply to multiple emails.

And within 60 days you can push it to any account

Who's your Daddy now ???????

Originally posted by DomeBase

Pardon if I am being dense. Does this mean that enom.com does not charge to transfer ownership (sell the domain)? Thanks.

Dome, Neither does Go Daddy- but at Go Daddy you can get support, unlike eNom.
I'm not knocking eNom (that much) but support is important to me.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eNom has telephone support, and I've had good experiences with them. I'm not sure what happened in your case, but remember they're on the West Coast, so perhaps if you called during the morning Eastern time they weren't in yet....

H

hosting3.com

enom sales is SUPER fast, support thru e-mail not that fast at all... but still, overall they are GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators