• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Seeking Luc ( creator of DRT )....desperately

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
5
Luc, if you are around please just let know you got my PMs otherwise I don`t know if you are just busy or you did not receive them.

Thank you

Best regards
 
is he alive?

I got huge issues with Overture that does NOT want to give any result with the TLD despite I am using more than 70 fresh checked anonimous proxies

Luc...I`m getting quite desperate...what can I do?
 
italiandragon,

Is it for .it overture check?
 
webfreak said:


no, thank you, I will try that after dinner!

cheers

maxo said:
italiandragon,

Is it for .it overture check?


yes mainly.....do you have the same problem?

He told me time ago to use proxy because the first times I did not use them and so I got my static IP banned but yestarday scanning with more than 70 new fresh anonimous proxies I could get 1 result with Overture .it

Not even the zero 0...........all were showing were *
 
Message for Italiandragon,
i wanted to write u PM but seems that ur inbox is full and i am now leaving and will be back only tomorrow and seems that u need the info urgently so here it goes:

if u use the Escrow, thats the total fees needed. the money will land in your bank account not in ur paypal if u use escrow.
paypal should also be fine with amount of fees and its super fast but escrow can take upto one week
simon
 
simon said:
Message for Italiandragon,
i wanted to write u PM but seems that ur inbox is full and i am now leaving and will be back only tomorrow and seems that u need the info urgently so here it goes:

if u use the Escrow, thats the total fees needed. the money will land in your bank account not in ur paypal if u use escrow.
paypal should also be fine with amount of fees and its super fast but escrow can take upto one week
simon


thank you Simon, very appreciated your help, and yes my inbox was full, sorry.
 
italiandragon. it seems like you're not getting any of my e-mails man. my last e-mail requested that you respond back if you're getting it and i never got a response from you. will try your PM again.
 
Luc, hopefully you can read me here at least...


I still have the same issue, nothing has been done regarding the .it OVT problem, I sent a PM to Luc about a week ago but unfortunately I got no replies yet despite I saw him online in the last 48 hours. I wonder if he got my PM or not.

Furthermore I would like to know if DRT is going to add .mobi in the "Generate domains/ Tlds" section since there is not .mobi at the moment.

Thanks
 
Hi,

Italian OVT problem is caused by the fact that sometimes italian domains have the TLD in them when searched at Overture and sometimes they don't, making it almost impossible to determine whether the result is for the domain or term. If you have ideas on how to solve this please let me know, my only concern is that the software doesn't show incorrect results and then cause problems with customers registering domains based on false scores.

.mobi support has been added, however I am not yet ready to release the latest DRT version. There are a few more new features I am testing and want them squared away before a new version comes out.

I did not receive your e-mails, I did receive your PM.

Thanks!
Luc L.
 
Hi,

Italian OVT problem is caused by the fact that sometimes italian domains have the TLD in them when searched at Overture and sometimes they don't, making it almost impossible to determine whether the result is for the domain or term. If you have ideas on how to solve this please let me know, my only concern is that the software doesn't show incorrect results and then cause problems with customers registering domains based on false scores.

.mobi support has been added, however I am not yet ready to release the latest DRT version. There are a few more new features I am testing and want them squared away before a new version comes out.

I did not receive your e-mails, I did receive your PM.

Thanks!
Luc L.

Hi Luc, thank you very much for fast reply.

I did not say that I sent you any e-mail this week, just a PM here....

Ok for .mobi I`ll have to wait then :)

I know what you say about the .it OVT it may happen but it may happen for all ccTlds that people hear a website and type in the complete name with the ext.....it happens with .de , with .fr, with .es, any of them.

At the end, if we want to scan let`s say for example all LLL.it I get zero results of OVt because I can`t use it.

And last, the biggest old problem with the proxy servers.......do you really find any good free service around?
I tried to search for hours several days in the past 2 weeks but I could not get more than 10 decent anonymous proxies for free. Even the website you advice inside DRT, it`s basically useless, all proxies are dead.
Are you planning on any development regarding this or we can finally says that DRT without an additional cost for proxies is useless?
I mean, I bought the license a year ago and at that time everybody (who was gaining revenue on the sale) was telling me that I could find good free proxies...but these days you can`t or I must be dumb.
I`m giving up on using DRT if this continues......it`s just a pain and a waste of time and asking to pay additional montly fees for proxies is something I did not think when I bought the license especially since I did not make $1 from it, it did not help me to find anything since too many people are hunting big lists of drops. This is what happened? Too many fishermen in a little pond?
If I was you, I would be wondering how I`d attract more/new customers/purchasers of DRT in the future if nothing is worth it.
But being me, I wonder if I`m just pissing you off asking myself if what I`m asking you is worth my time and my typing......at the end of the day I paid you $xxx and I learned another lesson.
Or mabe that`s it, I`m dumb and/or I just got here too late and fishing is over......DRT is a wonderful and smart software but without the fish there is nothing to do anymore.

Right?

Best regards,

Lorenzo




Thank you again
 
Another issue: I`m switching from PC to laptop so how do I use DRT on the laptop? Do I have to uninstall it from the PC first?

Thank you
 
Luc, I have sent 2 inquiries to DRT customer support and I have also sent you a PM but I have received no response either... I cannot bulk scan for ovt, for two months now. I don't think that my ip is banned because inventory.overture.com works fine for me, and besides, with DRT I do not get any ovt results whether I use proxies, or not.
 
Big DRT update scheduled for release Sat night. It should take care of many of your problems (including ovt and ovt italy).

Lorenzo, you can keep it installed on 2 PCs but can only use on one at the same time.

As far as the other quesitons you had. I realize that the Ovt.IT thing is setting you back a bit, I'll work on fixing that. You must understand that Ovt is part of the problem because they are not reliable on some of their international servers. I promise that these issues will be resolved very soon.

Thanks,
Luc Lezon
 
Big DRT update scheduled for release Sat night. It should take care of many of your problems (including ovt and ovt italy).

Lorenzo, you can keep it installed on 2 PCs but can only use on one at the same time.

As far as the other quesitons you had. I realize that the Ovt.IT thing is setting you back a bit, I'll work on fixing that. You must understand that Ovt is part of the problem because they are not reliable on some of their international servers. I promise that these issues will be resolved very soon.

Thanks,
Luc Lezon

Great to hear that, I appreciate your fast reply.

I just got another question, sorry:

- where in the home page (at the bottom of it) it says:
System Requirements:
Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP


What about Vista ? I have Vista Home Premium on the new laptop, is it going to be a problem?


Thanks again
 
No, there are already a few customers running DRT on vista and it appears to work fine. There may be some firewall/security settings you may have to allow for DRT to run, but you can contact me direct for that.
 
No, there are already a few customers running DRT on vista and it appears to work fine. There may be some firewall/security settings you may have to allow for DRT to run, but you can contact me direct for that.

Great, I hope I won`t have to bother you again.

Thank you

Best regards
 
Sorry to bump the topic.
I am also trying to rech Luc but unfortunately I didn't receive any answer.

I am trying to retrieve my license through the online form.
Successless :(

Please, can you take care of my request (sent by PM and through the online form)?

Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom