• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Wanted: Service Selling high $x,xxx domain need legal advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
6,352
Reaction score
28
I am about to sell a domain of mine for high $x,xxx and would like some advice. Should I go through a lawyer if I am selling a name for this price. The other party is asking whether I take Paypal,check,wire. If I am going at it alone I would prefer check sent registered mail and explain I will not transfer the domain until check clears. I just don't want to get screwed over this as I am not too concerned if I need to go through a third party who takes a %, but for this amount it would be a lot.

What are your suggestions?
 
jdk said:
I am about to sell a domain of mine for high $x,xxx and would like some advice. Should I go through a lawyer if I am selling a name for this price. The other party is asking whether I take Paypal,check,wire. If I am going at it alone I would prefer check sent registered mail and explain I will not transfer the domain until check clears. I just don't want to get screwed over this as I am not too concerned if I need to go through a third party who takes a %, but for this amount it would be a lot.

What are your suggestions?

Why not use escrow.com?
 
escrow.com is best, do not use Paypal for this much money
 
I have bought through paypal for that amount :p, but I assure you it's not wise.
 
jdk said:
I am about to sell a domain of mine for high $x,xxx and would like some advice. Should I go through a lawyer if I am selling a name for this price. The other party is asking whether I take Paypal,check,wire. If I am going at it alone I would prefer check sent registered mail and explain I will not transfer the domain until check clears. I just don't want to get screwed over this as I am not too concerned if I need to go through a third party who takes a %, but for this amount it would be a lot.

What are your suggestions?

$x,xxx In Escrow.com It almost cost $200.00 Only.
 
Either Escrow or send him / her and invoice stating that name will be pushed once wire has been received.

Best Regards
Nico
 
nicorlino said:
Either Escrow or send him / her and invoice stating that name will be pushed once wire has been received.
Best Regards
Nico
My case is international wire, It almost 2 day, From USA to Taiwan.
 
I have dealt with international wire lasting up to 5 days. Simply wait till the wire has cleared your bank and push / move / transfer / ack the domain afterwards.

Best Regards
Nico
 
Once the wire comes through and clears is there a way for him to try to get the money back? I was thinking to just have him send a check (as this was one of his options), and just wait for the funds to clear and then push the domain. That way I am not losing the % from either paypal or escrow.com.
 
Escrow.com

Is the best process for this. I just sold a mid xxxx and wanted to use paypal but the buyer wanted to use escrow.com. I told him I never used escrow.com. He said he would pay the fees so I went ahead with it. They charged me 20.00 for the over night and that's the only cost to the sale. I feel escrow.com was quick and fair with both the buyer and me.

dt
 
is it me or doesnt Escrow.com not work?
 
jdk said:
is it me or doesnt Escrow.com not work?

If you think, it was so trouble to process with Escrow.com, you can use the SEDO function to process.
The SEDO also use Escrow.com,too. But SEDO will handle with all process for you.
Remember that , SEDO is charge 10%.
 
yeh that will be close to $1,000 USD which I was trying to find another promising solution for less...i will take a look at escrow.com later thanks...do i need anything like a bill of sale? i was debating whether i needed to contact a lawyer on this matter?
 
jdk said:
yeh that will be close to $1,000 USD which I was trying to find another promising solution for less...i will take a look at escrow.com later thanks...do i need anything like a bill of sale? i was debating whether i needed to contact a lawyer on this matter?
You can call the buyer pay for the deal fee. Or cut it from your selling price, then it will spend no money from you.
It is very important thing, just followed the escrow.com step by step.
And then you just give escrow.com your address when you want to receive check. Or use wire, that should be has a bank account.
Best Regards for you. Dont worry about your debate, just go for it.
 
Just use escrow.com

You just can't go wrong with it. Best for both buyer and seller.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
 
i dont see why you have to use escrow, if the buyer is willing to do check or wire transfer.
 
My opinion.

When buying-
Paypal (fended via CC)/escrow is best (safest)
When selling-
Wire/Escrow is safest.

No a wire cannot be reversed, however a cheque can be (cancelled before you cash it, and then you don't find out until days later).


I would push for wire (fastest) if I were you. However if the buyer has safety concerns, I would use Escrow. I would NOT use Paypal when selling nor a cheque.
 
Steen said:
No a wire cannot be reversed, however a cheque can be (cancelled before you cash it, and then you don't find out until days later).

thats why he said he wouldnt transfer til the check clears and has the money in hand.
 
escrow or some lawyers, i've used escrow to complete so many x,xxx and xx,xxx transactions so far so good.

in some cases if the selling trust you (happend to me 3 times) they push the domain then i wire the money to them.
 
Bashar is right - escrow is by far the safest
...and if you have a fairly good reputation , people trust you (made many transactions $ xxxx without escrow)

....i had domains pushed & i pushed names before money transfer was started...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom