Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Selling high $x,xxx domain need legal advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am about to sell a domain of mine for high $x,xxx and would like some advice. Should I go through a lawyer if I am selling a name for this price. The other party is asking whether I take Paypal,check,wire. If I am going at it alone I would prefer check sent registered mail and explain I will not transfer the domain until check clears. I just don't want to get screwed over this as I am not too concerned if I need to go through a third party who takes a %, but for this amount it would be a lot.

What are your suggestions?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I am about to sell a domain of mine for high $x,xxx and would like some advice. Should I go through a lawyer if I am selling a name for this price. The other party is asking whether I take Paypal,check,wire. If I am going at it alone I would prefer check sent registered mail and explain I will not transfer the domain until check clears. I just don't want to get screwed over this as I am not too concerned if I need to go through a third party who takes a %, but for this amount it would be a lot.

Why not use escrow.com?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
escrow.com is best, do not use Paypal for this much money

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have bought through paypal for that amount :p, but I assure you it's not wise.

Stonesoup

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:

$x,xxx In Escrow.com It almost cost $200.00 Only.

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Either Escrow or send him / her and invoice stating that name will be pushed once wire has been received.

Best Regards
Nico

Stonesoup

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nicorlino said:
Either Escrow or send him / her and invoice stating that name will be pushed once wire has been received.
Best Regards
Nico
My case is international wire, It almost 2 day, From USA to Taiwan.

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with international wire lasting up to 5 days. Simply wait till the wire has cleared your bank and push / move / transfer / ack the domain afterwards.

Best Regards
Nico

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once the wire comes through and clears is there a way for him to try to get the money back? I was thinking to just have him send a check (as this was one of his options), and just wait for the funds to clear and then push the domain. That way I am not losing the % from either paypal or escrow.com.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com

Is the best process for this. I just sold a mid xxxx and wanted to use paypal but the buyer wanted to use escrow.com. I told him I never used escrow.com. He said he would pay the fees so I went ahead with it. They charged me 20.00 for the over night and that's the only cost to the sale. I feel escrow.com was quick and fair with both the buyer and me.

dt

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it me or doesnt Escrow.com not work?

Stonesoup

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
is it me or doesnt Escrow.com not work?

If you think, it was so trouble to process with Escrow.com, you can use the SEDO function to process.
The SEDO also use Escrow.com,too. But SEDO will handle with all process for you.
Remember that , SEDO is charge 10%.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeh that will be close to $1,000 USD which I was trying to find another promising solution for less...i will take a look at escrow.com later thanks...do i need anything like a bill of sale? i was debating whether i needed to contact a lawyer on this matter?

Stonesoup

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
yeh that will be close to $1,000 USD which I was trying to find another promising solution for less...i will take a look at escrow.com later thanks...do i need anything like a bill of sale? i was debating whether i needed to contact a lawyer on this matter?
You can call the buyer pay for the deal fee. Or cut it from your selling price, then it will spend no money from you.
It is very important thing, just followed the escrow.com step by step.
And then you just give escrow.com your address when you want to receive check. Or use wire, that should be has a bank account.
Best Regards for you. Dont worry about your debate, just go for it.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just use escrow.com

You just can't go wrong with it. Best for both buyer and seller.

Just my opinion.

Regards,

rjerina

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i dont see why you have to use escrow, if the buyer is willing to do check or wire transfer.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My opinion.

When buying-
Paypal (fended via CC)/escrow is best (safest)
When selling-
Wire/Escrow is safest.

No a wire cannot be reversed, however a cheque can be (cancelled before you cash it, and then you don't find out until days later).

I would push for wire (fastest) if I were you. However if the buyer has safety concerns, I would use Escrow. I would NOT use Paypal when selling nor a cheque.

rjerina

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
No a wire cannot be reversed, however a cheque can be (cancelled before you cash it, and then you don't find out until days later).

thats why he said he wouldnt transfer til the check clears and has the money in hand.

Bashar

Kuwaiti UNIX Geek
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
escrow or some lawyers, i've used escrow to complete so many x,xxx and xx,xxx transactions so far so good.

in some cases if the selling trust you (happend to me 3 times) they push the domain then i wire the money to them.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bashar is right - escrow is by far the safest
...and if you have a fairly good reputation , people trust you (made many transactions $ xxxx without escrow)

....i had domains pushed & i pushed names before money transfer was started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators