Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Selling Price of LLLL.com going to the Roof - Report Your Sale Here

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of my LLLLs have one or other of the letters that the Chinese do NOT like. Even the odd name MVQV is not good enough for them.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like U and V are the real losers nowadays for all-letter domains, those two are non-premium for both the East and the West. I guess Asians will miss the wave of Virtual Reality domain names and acronyms that are so hot right now since VR seems to require the darn V lol

wildomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to own several not brilliant LLLL.coms and a pronounceable one. They were not selling until I tried a $9 Flippa auction. The no good ones sold fast and the better one sold slower. None went for over $100. I had them listed on GoDaddy auctions also, no bids for nearly a year. If I had kept them....

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as LLLL.com's many of us should not have regrets. I renewed many of them for a few years all the while not being able to get $10 for them, some I even dropped. Now those same domains are worth several hundred at least, what you mention in the previous post is familiar to a lot of people, that LLLL.com category was a popular one. If you had dropped them all after a year or had rushed to sell them even at a loss too soon then it would've been a bad move, but in my case I gave them all the patience I had, and if it still didn't work then you just swallow it

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam's big sale has sparked all this craze, before that people were collecting them quietly for reasonable prices.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think Adam's recent thread of LLLL.com's for sale on DNF had anything to do with it at all. As I remember there was a bunch of them but he was asking for a minimum of $300 or so, hardly a record price for those, some had letters the Chinese avoid and some had letters Western quads don't have, so his prices did not influence either market much IMO. In fact, $300 was reasonable as a min offer. If it was rather premium you may have bought it for a good price and if it wasn't you were getting its potential appreciation benefit, and LLLL.com's could all be above $300 sooner than we expect, with any letters

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, maybe we should have an appraisal of everyone's current holdings?

As far as LLLL.com's many of us should not have regrets. I renewed many of them for a few years all the while not being able to get $10 for them, some I even dropped. Now those same domains are worth several hundred at least, what you mention in the previous post is familiar to a lot of people, that LLLL.com category was a popular one. If you had dropped them all after a year or had rushed to sell them even at a loss too soon then it would've been a bad move, but in my case I gave them all the patience I had, and if it still didn't work then you just swallow it

I almost let XTAH drop after paying XX for it, and last year making about 7 dollars on Amazon with it. Glad I caught it before it went to a drop auction. Not sure what it would bring there.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to own several not brilliant LLLL.coms and a pronounceable one. They were not selling until I tried a $9 Flippa auction. The no good ones sold fast and the better one sold slower. None went for over $100. I had them listed on GoDaddy auctions also, no bids for nearly a year. If I had kept them....

Things are getting hotter each month.

Just few days ago I got a mid $XXXX offer for my MMCP.com (after multiple unsolicited emails in Chinese from different email addresses) and one Chinese buyer contacted me in order to find him $100,000 worth of LLLL.com.

This article is interesting:

http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2c665a7e03bb42fa0115eeb42&id=18c7e61b95&e=d59576ba4b

All you have to look is what is going on around these days to get a feeling of the booming short .com demand:

Godaddy recent LLLL.com sales

ZPTR $1234
WTTQ $1339
XXGK $1375
WPJD $752
DNWJ $733
QZRX $710
XLYZ $708
XYLZ $610
NJLL $709
WLDA $875
TGXX $1450
GXYC $1500
SZNW $690
SXDG $622
QBRB $710
KPTK $630
MJBX $740
QKBC $615
PYWW $1500
FZSD $2025
GDPX $1350
HZWQ $1498
XYXT $521
FYZL $505
XMBN $1485
TZJD $1495
WSZX $1333
TTJN $708
HJKC $737
SJKD $1370
MJML $1469
HXPD $930
WZSP $2000
WZXZ $2000
WWDZ $2000
GZQM $3000
WHTP $950
ZCJT $1500
QXSK $1000
XTHH $1525
BJXT $5100
JCBX $737
XNXP $757
DBZC $1486
HNZK $1225
WKPQ $600
XFBX $1525
WMJS $910
WLLZ $1106
DDXH $900
MHWX $900
CNMW $5550

From DNJournal.com: Reported Domain Sales - Mon. June 29,2015 - Sun. July 5, 2015

(Foreign currency to U.S. Dollar Conversions Based on Rates in Effect July 8, 2015)

Sedo

kruu.com $3,875
txxx.com $3,300
upca.com $3,170
sskp.com $2,500
micd.com $2,199

NameJet

cnht.com $4,520
keyo.com $4,200
ooii.com $3,875
atol.com $3,833
banv.com $3,519
aegi.com $3,121
vyvy.com $3,000
fccm.com $2,908
icaa.com $2,612
mhao.com $2,510
teld.com $2,500
fifs.com $2,447
widy.com $2,342
ihih.com $2,333
juje.com $2,266
caqi.com $2,120
pitc.com $2,111
smos.com $2,028
zgzs.com $2,019
nodu.com $2,000

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I am going to sorta report two recent sales I have had of 4 letter domains. I am not going to say the names because:

1) The companies that purchased them probably wouldn't appreciate it.
2) One was a niche (acro) name and if I announce it, it may mess me up for purchasing a few more like it at a reasonable price.

I will say the first one contained a "v" and sold for $11,500 @ Afternic and was a cvcc.com

The second one I sold was this week was for $4250 and was a ccvc.com and sold it via Sedo

I would say the market is finally there. I am just sorry I didn't buy more like them when I had a chance. Ohh, my investment in these 2 names was a measly $250 plus renewals about 10 years ago.

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I am going to sorta report two recent sales I have had of 4 letter domains. I am not going to say the names because:

1) The companies that purchased them probably wouldn't appreciate it.
2) One was a niche (acro) name and if I announce it, it may mess me up for purchasing a few more like it at a reasonable price.

I will say the first one contained a "v" and sold for $11,500 @ Afternic and was a cvcc.com

The second one I sold was this week was for $4250 and was a ccvc.com and sold it via Sedo

I would say the market is finally there. I am just sorry I didn't buy more like them when I had a chance. Ohh, my investment in these 2 names was a measly $250 plus renewals about 10 years ago.

Only 51.33% annual return. It's ok. ;)

360broker.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are you kidding me?

Less than 500K domains are LLLL.com , that's a drop in the ocean for Chinese hungry collectors...they managed to go crazy even for NNNNNN.com and that's 1 million of them!
Would you sell the domain mmcp.com?:D

seek99

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they are headed many times higher than they are now.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lets not forget uber premiums and western market for the best of the best are still the best
like 4L words, dictionary
and cvcv vcvc cvvc etc.

they just went a notch higher

the chinese market I think just set fire to the whole llll.com market, now what was junk has a lot of value

interesting to see articles about chinese market though

http://www.dnselect.com/value-of-letters-in-short-domains-chinese-market/

this one saying e,a ARE valuable to chinese market
z very desirable too

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A lot of "fool's gold" in these threads. People will believe what they want to believe.

First off: the Chinese economy is in the pits; more than $5 trillion dollars in loss in the stock market.

It's certain a large part of the Chinese buyout of thousands of "token" domains (LLLL/LLLLL/NNNN etc.) was funded with earnings from the stock market, prior to its grand collapse. After such mass acquisition comes liquidation, so expect a sellout at prices preceding the mass buyouts.

Good letters always sell for more. Had a mid $x,xxx offer for mmcp.com, Italian Dragon? Congrats. That's because this is not an XQJZ combo, and it's worth a whole lot more.

I've had sales between $3,500 to $13,000 for non-junk LLLL .com domains - and daily receive spam from the Chinese wanting to offer $200 - $400 for the high quality letters. I'd like to reach out and slap those idiots!

If you have good letter domains, save them for the buyer who will pay their true value: upper four figures or more.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo, I basically agree with you on some points.

This looks like a BOOM. A few points:

1. Guys are buying Chinese premiums with credit cards. If I sell something, there is always someone asking ""Hello, do you accept partially payment in another way ? Because i have a daily limit of 2.5k with escrow" and "
I'm still debating on buying some. I am not rich like you, and if I spend 5k or 6k then I will be very tight on bills the rest of the month. So, I am pondering things.."

So they are buying with loan money. Its not good sign.

2. In last 3 years I have sold total two 4 letter.com Chinese premiums to end-users. for more then $3000. And the buyers have not been Chinese. Its very low % of my portfolio. So there are not much end-users.
We can flip them between us - resellers and spin the price up.

3. The Chinese premiums don´t make any money parked. No income. most of them don`t do.

That are 3 points that made me sell some of my portfolio. You can always say, that Chinese just starting to use internet etc..
I am not saying the market can`t go up, maybe the prices go up to $3000 or even more, that I don´t know.
But for me there are some alarming signs.

also, guys buying 4 letter .net-s 5 and even 6 letter .com-s - I mean, who do you sell them? who buys them? I mean eventually everyone wants to make money

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm saying we are witnessing a bubble right now.
Any market that experiences a sharp and irrational inflation of trade value is bound for a correction. It is driven by speculation, because the number of end users has not increased tenfold like magic right. It's a good time to be a seller but if you are buyer don't be the one left holding the bag.

If what I'm saying is true (speculation), then the liquidity problems will remain (on the D2D market). Domainers will probably flip some LLLL to one another, but at some point it becomes difficult to resell at a higher price.

I don't think domains could have turned from junk to premium overnight, that doesn't make sense. What has changed is the perception is value.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Theo, I basically agree with you on some points.

This looks like a BOOM. A few points:

1. Guys are buying Chinese premiums with credit cards. If I sell something, there is always someone asking ""Hello, do you accept partially payment in another way ? Because i have a daily limit of 2.5k with escrow" and "
I'm still debating on buying some. I am not rich like you, and if I spend 5k or 6k then I will be very tight on bills the rest of the month. So, I am pondering things.."

So they are buying with loan money. Its not good sign.

2. In last 3 years I have sold total two 4 letter.com Chinese premiums to end-users. for more then $3000. And the buyers have not been Chinese. Its very low % of my portfolio. So there are not much end-users.
We can flip them between us - resellers and spin the price up.

3. The Chinese premiums don´t make any money parked. No income. most of them don`t do.

That are 3 points that made me sell some of my portfolio. You can always say, that Chinese just starting to use internet etc..
I am not saying the market can`t go up, maybe the prices go up to $3000 or even more, that I don´t know.
But for me there are some alarming signs.

also, guys buying 4 letter .net-s 5 and even 6 letter .com-s - I mean, who do you sell them? who buys them? I mean eventually everyone wants to make money

Great points.

1. Had no idea, as I sold exactly two domains (numbers) to Chinese domainers via DNS this year. Completed through Escrow.com so payment was in full. Yes, they wanted "more" domains before the escrow even completed!

2. I picked my best LLLL .com on NameJet between 2007-2010. Prices for real premium (no XYZJ) were as low as $130.

3. Very valid point. No partial revenue from parking for any of these domains. They are just number/letter iterations. The more you have the more you have to renew.

Regarding 5/6 letter etc. combinations, I have the exact same curiosity. Who uses these names? Are they building web sites? In my opinion these have become like Pokemon cards!

Jay En

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
China has the most Internet users in the world, more than double the US (and still rising). .com is the most familiar and widely used domain extension in the world. Many Chinese words are abbreviated into 2 letters. 2 + 2 =4. The Internet is still in its infancy and growing. LLL.COM and LLLL.COM had value before the Chinese started investing. As they become rarer and rarer, the prices continue go up.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators