Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Selling Price of LLLL.com going to the Roof - Report Your Sale Here

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will wait until the sale ($7,500) appears on DN Journal...

Last edited:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 4 LLLL's, and was offered a few hundred for 2 of them that I dont currently have any uses for, but I did not sell them, as it seems they are only going to go up, and if I can keep them, why not?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is with the recent surge in popularity again

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently sold off all my LLLL.com's so they'll likely go up in price 10 fold over the next couple years.

That's basically what happened to me with all the NNNN.com's I used to have. I still feel sick over that.

How many nnnn.com did you use to own?

Dorkside

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many nnnn.com did you use to own?

Not sure what the exact number would be, but I probably bought and sold roughly two dozen NNNN.com's starting in 2006 and ending in 2010 or 2011.

I bought most for low $xxx and sold for high $xxx or $1,xxx.

My biggest regret would be selling 1925.com and 1939.com each for around a thousand back in 2008. I made money on the deal at the time, but it dwarfs the return I would have gotten if I had held on to them.

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the exact number would be, but I probably bought and sold roughly two dozen NNNN.com's starting in 2006 and ending in 2010 or 2011.

I bought most for low $xxx and sold for high $xxx or $1,xxx.

My biggest regret would be selling 1925.com and 1939.com each for around a thousand back in 2008. I made money on the deal at the time, but it dwarfs the return I would have gotten if I had held on to them.

Regrets won't get you anywhere.. Try to learn from your past mistakes so that you don't repeat them in the future ;)

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think the bubble is only for the ones the chinese want and they must have no aeiouv. also includes the lll.com but they are rare and expensive so number of sales is less. premium letters in the west still sell very well but prices have not jumped that much.
and if you own llll.com in between --containing bad letters for the west or bad letters for the chinese, or maybe some of both, you will see they haven't moved much at all --some sales are better even on this category esp. on flippa but not like the ones with no aeiouv.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so why now are they buying up 4L's.

a 2+ years ago 4l's were being dumped and some even were dropped with no bids after the expiry grace period (drop lists). now when I check they are all been bid up on the expiry lists.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few years on the internet is like a lifetime. Five years ago I was part of a company that closed, and today I own the domain that that company used, and I paid almost nothing dollars for it, but it has, according to Google, 269,000 backlinks.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is with the recent surge in popularity again

Chinese buyers are popping left and right in my inbox with unsolicited offers even for unlisted domains such as my MMCP.com

They just go through the WHOIS info and are basically contacting hundreds or even thousands of people from what I hear lately.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes i noticed that, but why are they acquiring them with such a demand. In the last few months the WTB's have been flooded with people buying 4L's again.

are they buying them for speculating / investing or is there a large demand for 4l's in China?

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes i noticed that, but why are they acquiring them with such a demand. In the last few months the WTB's have been flooded with people buying 4L's again.

are they buying them for speculating / investing or is there a large demand for 4l's in China?

are you kidding me?

Less than 500K domains are LLLL.com , that's a drop in the ocean for Chinese hungry collectors...they managed to go crazy even for NNNNNN.com and that's 1 million of them!

Whitee

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Italian. 500k is a drop in the bucket for not only the Chinese, but the worldwide market. That isn't including all of the LLLL.coms already snatched up by endusers. I think this niche has a bright future.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is all legit

There are only 160000 no aeiouv LLLL
1.2 billion Chinese people
And the Chinese economy is strong!

What's more valuable, a one of a kind web address or a few hundred unconstitutional fiat pieces of paper?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are still opportunities out there to invest in these domains, if anyone chooses to, but you may pay more now than you would have a few years ago.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't tell if this is a bubble or a true buy-out and/or how long it'll last. In 2008 before the world economy crashed things were so similar that it's eerie. Except the Chinese where not dissing any name with a vowel or a V back then. My first year I saw LLLL.com's go from $10 to $500 and people would bid on them like there was no tomorrow. I'd value a quadruple premium (quad) for Western letters. I'd look at the ones with the Chinese restrictions but tread carefully. Better buy several names that make sense to you (even with a non-premium letter) like a semi or fully pronounceable rather than pay $1,000 ea for a no-vowel/no-v just because the Chinese say these are the way to go. A good portion of the domaining world is in China and that country is experience growth and demand the world has never seen before with so many new internet users and the newly rich looking for safe investments, but things can turn around and you could see them dump all those "premium domains" on the market lowering their resale value

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators