• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Service to can exchange domains - Good idea, idiot, impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
833
Reaction score
10
Hi,

Maybe it happend to you like it happend to me many times.

Sometimes you buy a domain with the idea to launch a new service for example and after for any reason the project is abandoned.
Or at a moment you purchased a domain you found of interest and few months after this domain you was finding so nice look likes uggly in your eyes.
...
So probably like you I have a lot of domains I do no longer want or that I have today a low interest.
Some of these domains have low value, others high value, ... some was purchased for few dollars and others for dozen thousands, ... a melting pot of domains that maybe others are interested to own.
...
If your business is not only to buy domains to generate parking revenue but have a real internet presence through developped sites, then you probably have some sectors you appreciate more than others.
For example in my case, domains about internet marketing/advertising and about home and garden.
...
It will be interesting a service be created where one can exchange domain names securely. I never seen this kind of service. If anyone hear about such service please post here.
...
In this service one could list the domains is willing to exchange.
I can have domains you are interested in and the inverse.
...
This service could also play the role of an escrow.
For example once the deal has been approved by both party then each one will transfer the domains to this service, once done the exchange could be done.
...
Your thoughts about this kind of service?
- Interest.
- How it should work
- Problems you see.


...
 
I like the idea of trading domain names...I actually suggested the idea to godaddy about a year ago...
I guess they did not see a way to make $$$ off it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom