• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Sex.net just sold for $450,000 at TRAFFIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1
Sex.net final BID $450,000

I'm guessing that's the highest .net sale ever.

- Rob
 
Not surprising, its worth it.
 
Wasn't the previous owner of sex.com owner of sex.net? If so than the price he got for this is only pocket change for him. I would have held it.
 
Too bad I couldn't bid. I'd have went up to $500K.
 
I would have went up to 501K but they would have had to accept a lot of F$ and I would need a big donation. lol :)
 
Very nice sale!
 
great sale, even though it seems to be the biggest .net ever I thought sex.net would go for 1,000,000 plus
 
Fearless said:
Too bad I couldn't bid. I'd have went up to $500K.


You couldn`t sneak in?
 
nice .net sale
bad luck Fearless....:-(
 
I thought sex.com was sold to cash out the asset and move the PPC business onto the .net. What's Kremen doing with Sex.com PPC now?
 
Most likely running it into the ground?..

When the old guy was running it at least it was a HIGHLY profitable website, criminal or not. He was making WAY more than Kremen is from it now.

Steen said:
I thought sex.com was sold to cash out the asset and move the PPC business onto the .net. What's Kremen doing with Sex.com PPC now?
 
nice sale, should bring even more attention to the domain name market.
 
did not Kremen sell the traffic with the .com too?

I think so
 
Does anyone know who Sex.net went to ? Please PM me if you have this information.
 
italiandragon said:
did not Kremen sell the traffic with the .com too?

I think so
No I don't think so.
The sex.com PPC business' traffic relied very little on type-in traffics from what I know.
 
The old business model even though the guy was a theif used to charge like 50K a month for banner spots, each spot that is.

The new one ( from what i was told ) made a fraction of what it used to.
 
nafti said:
Wasn't the previous owner of sex.com owner of sex.net? If so than the price he got for this is only pocket change for him. I would have held it.
I think sex.net was owned by the same person as .com...
He was supposed to keep the .net for the rainy days, wasn't he ? :greenbiggrin:
 
wow, anybody has a list of top selling .net?
 
sdsinc said:
He was supposed to keep the .net for the rainy days, wasn't he ? :greenbiggrin:


Yes actually he did say that. Makes me wonder whats going to happen on the .XXX "final approval" next week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom