• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Shall we brace for a flooding of .info sales thanks to RF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wienerdog

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2006
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
I think alot of budding gold-rushers took RegisterFly up on there really, really cheap .info sale. People probably bought a lot of domains they shouldn't have in the heat of the moment.

I dare someone to post "I'm buying .info domains for $10 each"; I think you'll end up with one of the longest threads on DN ;)
 
I agree. some people were buying them by the 1000s, and i mean really poor quality names. Would have been better off just buying the top 5 names on their list and leaving the rest.
 
wienerdog said:
I think alot of budding gold-rushers took RegisterFly up on there really, really cheap .info sale. People probably bought a lot of domains they shouldn't have in the heat of the moment.

I dare someone to post "I'm buying .info domains for $10 each"; I think you'll end up with one of the longest threads on DN ;)

LOL. I will buy some for 10 ............................ DNF$.
 
yes, really low quality names were most likely bought. but .info domains really are not good names for generate substantial money unless it is really a top notch name.
 
the offer is good for the long term sales and renewals of .info but bad for us domainers and the long term integrity of .info imo.
 
I'll buy any dot info for $10 if it has traffic, link or type in, and generates over $2 per month in PPC.
 
Isn't there a 60 waiting period befor they names can be pushed?

So this .info sale will be coming in early July?

Good point though.

I'll buy traffic .info names for DNF or $
 
cursal said:
Isn't there a 60 waiting period befor they names can be pushed?

Those are 60 days before transfer.
You can push a name even the same day (I did that sometimes)
 
The reasoning for this is because the name only has to make 5 cents a month over the next 12 months to break even. I have some which have made several dollars a day since registration. I missed todays sale otherwise I would have picked up a few thousand more.
 
Working on a deal on 1 name which if all works out pays for all of my un-needed ones. And only had it a week. Thats outside of the fact I've already made my money back. Don't knock it till you try it.. Also might want to note this is the second .com owner in a month wanting the .info :peace: If you haven't figured it out yet it's a numbers game and add to that alot of people still don't know how to register a domain. If you put a big "For Sale" sign in their face it makes the instructions much easier.
 
aldwin said:
Those are 60 days before transfer.
You can push a name even the same day (I did that sometimes)


Thanks, that clears up my confusion.:greenwink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom