Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Share Your .xyz Domains!

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's what I like about this extension. I am keeping a very open mind on this, but I reckon they have a chance.

1. It's an extension. If you take most of the new domains, I reckon there are only a few actual pureplay extensions rather than subjects.

They are:

.center
.zone
.link
.works

and possibly
.solutions

Take luxury.villas for example. Nobody says luxury DOT villas, just like they didn't say luxury DASH villas. Are these type of new domains weak?

It would be great to hear what domainers think about that.

2. x and z

This might be the saving thing.

These letters X and Z are rarely used.

Therefore, when consumers hear them, they tend to stick in the memory.

Therefore, the domains are more memorable then some of the other ones.

3. Trademarks

This is the big thing. I mean there is hardly any trademarks live including the term XYZ. There's like 33 live in TESS.

Take .solutions. A little long but a great word. But try registering a great .solutions that does not have a trademark in them. Either it's on the principal register, or it's not, but yes, I know solutions is very generic. .solutions will still be big success

I just think this is great for .XYZ, the almost trademark free thing.

On the downside...

Three syllables is a negative. But to balance that, "xyz" trips of the tongue.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
your trademark theory doesn't work with generic tlds. when udrps are filed they don't file them because they have trademarked domain.com, its because of what comes before the .com, same applies for .xyz or .web or whatever other generic tlds come along. either way, i think the extension sucks because xyz is not a word you can say like .com or even .xxx (do triple x) you HAVE to say x-y-z.. it just doesn't sound good.

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
re trademarks:

yes exactly the point! When .com started, there was probably hardly any trademarks with COM as a word. There was a probably a few, but not loads. My point is it is less likely for a GTLD to gain mass adoption depending on the tm saturation.

re nada.xyz

Acro, not like .xyz? Off the whole GTLD thing, or just this one?

Alan

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
re trademarks:

yes exactly the point! When .com started, there was probably hardly any trademarks with COM as a word. There was a probably a few, but not loads. My point is it is less likely for a GTLD to gain mass adoption depending on the tm saturation.

re nada.xyz

Acro, not like .xyz? Off the whole GTLD thing, or just this one?

Alan
most trademarks still don't include a domain extension. do you think you would win a udrp because they trademarked blahblah instead of blahblah.com?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, where do I begin...

Yes, nobody says luxury dot villas when they are speaking of or when they are searching for luxury villas.

What you will hear is someone saying, I am looking for a luxury villa. Or, I am looking for a San Francisco condo to stay in. That's why many of these new gTLD's are exact match domains.

I can think of no one or at anytime someone saying, I am looking for kitchen(s) x y z.

You may actually hear someone say (or even search for) Kitchen.center, kitchen.builder, kitchen.contractor, kitchen.tips, kitchen.company, kitchen.expert, kitchen.bargains, kitchen.boutique, and so on. All of those are new extensions that actually mean something and convey something and MIGHT BE actually searched for.

I am not sure I understand your mindset or where you are going with this.

I am more interested in natural speak than I am in trying to construe a phrase or sentence out of jibberish. Natural speak rolls off the tongue and is easily understood by those you are speaking to or communicating with. Trying to say yeah, beware of Danger xyz says or conveys nothing to the audience. Why? Because then you need additional clarifying statements or comments to justify what your are trying to say or convey. And no one has time to continue listening or reading additional jibberish if they are already confused by the lead in statement (or website). When you have a website, you have about 5-6 seconds to capture your viewers' attention or else they are GONE!

Once more, I extoll the read Don't Make Me Think.

Sorry, I am not sure who you are trying to convince of these domains coupled with that particular extension. To your audience (ie, me) they convey nothing and nothingness.

Regging a name (actually a word) simply because it is available and cheap is not how to approach this new gTLD thing let alone a longstanding gTLD.

jibberish.xyz is available but under no circumstances am I advocating registering this name.

Last edited:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tip: Put your wife in control of the finances from now on :)

Sure, I'll be sleeping on the couch for a week if I spent $400 on some .xyz's....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As much as I like Negari, I have no interest in this gTLD. Best of luck.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
J

JudgeMind

Invent.xyz

Litecoin.xyz

InsuranceQuote.xyz

Last edited by a moderator:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
J

JudgeMind

According to TESS the trademark for "Litecoin" is DEAD and has been abandoned. Thanks

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I liked invent.xyz

@ Gerry

Your quote:-

"What you will hear is someone saying, I am looking for a luxury villa. Or, I am looking for a San Francisco condo to stay in. That's why many of these new gTLD's are exact match domains.

I can think of no one or at anytime someone saying, I am looking for kitchen(s) x y z.

You may actually hear someone say (or even search for) Kitchen.center, kitchen.builder, kitchen.contractor, kitchen.tips, kitchen.company, kitchen.expert, kitchen.bargains, kitchen.boutique, and so on. All of those are new extensions that actually mean something and convey something and MIGHT BE actually searched for."

Gerry, I'm keeping a very open mind on this whole GTLD thing. I'm not sure exactly what you are saying.

What they say is "luxury villas". "Are we getting one of those luxury villas this year?"

Agreed?

They have never said the following: "Are we getting one of those luxury dot villas?"

Agreed.

Now look at this:

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
Luxury.Villas

versus

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
LuxuryVillas.com
LuxuryVillas.xyz

I am open to the possibility thast [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] wins as it ties in with natural conversation, as opposed to [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG].

But keeping an open mind, we sure as heck need more domains.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now look at this:

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
Luxury.Villas

versus

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
LuxuryVillas.com
LuxuryVillas.xyz

I am open to the possibility thast [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] wins as it ties in with natural conversation, as opposed to [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG].

Oy...that really clears it up. :confused:

I suppose we'll soon see .sixofonehalfadozenoftheother since that is how some natural conversations end. ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have never said the following: "Are we getting one of those luxury dot villas?"
So by your standards they will be saying Are we getting one of those luxury villas dot x y z.

Honestly, I feel like I am having a discussion with a brick.wall.

What exactly are you referring to as being a natural conversation.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@domainer111: not sure I go along with your theory on .solutions. I already own wellplanned.solutions and managed.solutions. Tasn't worked for me.:(

JudisFather

forget about it.. :)
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yummy ..

For me I'll stick to .xyz (even if it took 10+ yrs for profit so ..
Also .bid and little bit .club.

Xyzs I was able to reg..

Basic.xyz

Featured.xyz

Volt.xyz

Gyroscope.xyz

iBuy.xyz

BrainGames.xyz

EEC.xyz

iDo.xyz

Telephone.xyz

ManPower.xyz

404.xyz

Some of them when reg mentioned tm claim like volt.xyz and to me domain with volt name could be anything related as will as basic you can't own those names for ever .. They are abroad ...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators