Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Share Your .xyz Domains!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems domainers are riding the new reg wave based on price of regs (ie, .club, .xyz, .rocks) being the cheapest price. No doubt that has a great deal to do with the inflated numbers of registrations.

Registering a word (good or bad) based solely on the price of the extension is not a wise strategy.

The strategy should be based on usability and common sense, not because it cost only 14 bucks or 9 bucks vs. 29 bucks.

Wait until .rocks is released at less than 10 bucks a pop. Good, bad, or indifferent...the numbers regged will be on par as .club. We'll be seeing the entire dictionary of words registered and everyone will be touting how important their dot .rocks are.

I am sure negari and others strategies were exactly that...cheapo price to get numbers (aka profit) to the registrar and the registrar can claim bragging rights as to how many are registered on the first day, etc.

And I love how Theo pointed out that all the prime, reserved, unregistered names of .xyz are pointed to the domain xyz.com to get all the traffic. Owner, of course, is the registrar of .xyz.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yummy ..

For me I'll stick to .xyz (even if it took 10+ yrs for profit so ..
Also .bid and little bit .club.

Xyzs I was able to reg..

Basic.xyz

Featured.xyz

Volt.xyz

Gyroscope.xyz

iBuy.xyz

BrainGames.xyz

EEC.xyz

iDo.xyz

Telephone.xyz

ManPower.xyz

404.xyz

Some of them when reg mentioned tm claim like volt.xyz and to me domain with volt name could be anything related as will as basic you can't own those names for ever .. They are abroad ...

So you are going to pay 10 years of renewal fees for these names? You people are just not getting it.. These names are not for resell, they are for development, period. You want to focus on names with high searches when combining keywords on both ends of thee dot. .xyz is a JOKE, because "xyz" makes no sense, shit at least "abc" would have been better.

JudisFather

forget about it.. :)
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems domainers are riding the new reg wave based on price of regs (ie, .club, .xyz, .rocks) being the cheapest price. No doubt that has a great deal to do with the inflated numbers of registrations.

Registering a word (good or bad) based solely on the price of the extension is not a wise strategy.

The strategy should be based on usability and common sense, not because it cost only 14 bucks or 9 bucks vs. 29 bucks.

Wait until .rocks is released at less than 10 bucks a pop. Good, bad, or indifferent...the numbers regged will be on par as .club. We'll be seeing the entire dictionary of words registered and everyone will be touting how important their dot .rocks are.

I am sure negari and others strategies were exactly that...cheapo price to get numbers (aka profit) to the registrar and the registrar can claim bragging rights as to how many are registered on the first day, etc.

And I love how Theo pointed out that all the prime, reserved, unregistered names of .xyz are pointed to the domain xyz.com to get all the traffic. Owner, of course, is the registrar of .xyz.

i totally agree,

but when i think of selecting a domain it should be single word or two words making sense otherwise any reg on those is total money loss.

JudisFather

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you are going to pay 10 years of renewal fees for these names? You people are just not getting it.. These names are not for resell, they are for development, period. You want to focus on names with high searches when combining keywords on both ends of thee dot. .xyz is a JOKE, because "xyz" makes no sense, shit at least "abc" would have been better.

You never know,

i will not mind to pay for 10 years or even more .. for those sweet looking lovely domains with single word.xyz
can't you see the beauty ?

some buy .co or .info or why wouldn't they buy .xyz and not saying they will now but it will take time .. it's the new .com :)

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel you man, yo thing is yo thing... Good luck...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i totally agree,

but when i think of selecting a domain it should be single word or two words making sense otherwise any reg on those is total money loss.
Seriously, wait until rocks is released. It will skyrocket in regs only because of price, not because of its viability and quality.

Yes, I think there can be a few worthwhile .rocks (cleveland.rocks, detroit.rocks, and so on...ala song lyrics). But for the most part it will be domainers regging domains because they are cheap and they are available.

JudisFather

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seriously, wait until rocks is released. It will skyrocket in regs only because of price, not because of its viability and quality.

Yes, I think there can be a few worthwhile .rocks (cleveland.rocks, detroit.rocks, and so on...ala song lyrics). But for the most part it will be domainers regging domains because they are cheap and they are available.

rocks only discribe something that has entertainment init so you could say this extension is categorized for entertainment sites or personal events or reviews .. and limited to that. i dont think a company will take .rocks like yahoo.rocks !! .xyz is simple and accept that possibility.

i think am team Negari lol

think of it when someone types yahoo.com
and next to it you see yahoo.xyz (thats of course required a domain development to make it shine and sold)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and next to it you see yahoo.xyz (thats of course required a domain development to make it shine and sold)
And that, of course, requires an attorney to represent the owner.

And, that is really not a very good example since yahoo will be applying for (egad) .yahoo.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And that, of course, requires an attorney to represent the owner.

And, that is really not a very good example since yahoo will be applying for (egad) .yahoo.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rocks only discribe something that has entertainment init so you could say this extension is categorized for entertainment sites or personal events or reviews .. and limited to that. i dont think a company will take .rocks like yahoo.rocks !! .xyz is simple and accept that possibility.

i think am team Negari lol

think of it when someone types yahoo.com

How much they are paying you to post things like this and to change your logo? :confused:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You never know,

i will not mind to pay for 10 years or even more .. for those sweet looking lovely domains with single word.xyz
can't you see the beauty ?

some buy .co or .info or why wouldn't they buy .xyz and not saying they will now but it will take time .. it's the new .com :)
keep in mind how many other 'xyz' type tlds will be released in the future...there is the potential for infinite releases of these things.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is xyz a word?

Can you pronounce xyz?

You mention "words". Another person mentioned syllables. He used the example of Luxury.Villas

Can you please say LuxuryVillas.xyz?

How many syllables?

Lux
ur
y
Vil
las
dot
x
y
z

9 syllables.

So if someone is counting syllables = Fail

If someone is counting words = Fail. xyz is not a word, can not be pronounced, and they (as syllables) must each be pronounced by themselves - AS IF THEY ARE WORDS.

go to Lux-ur-y Vil-las dot x-y-z

I have not seen one iota of intel to support this registration as being a gem of an extension other than the $$$ PRICE! That is the MAIN Factor of this reg. That plus the registrar is holding all the good names, all the unregistered names, and pointing those to their primary website.

Domainers are driven to buying on 1.)pure speculation and 2.)pure cheap price.

That is why you are seeing elevated numbers for some and less for others.

Why pay $49 for a reg of one extension when I can get five of another extension for the same price. That is the obvious mindset.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
keep in mind how many other 'xyz' type tlds will be released in the future...there is the potential for infinite releases of these things.
There are well over 740 BRANDS that are pending which are not even part of these 1900 releases. I saw a list yesterday.

For everyone who is regging TM's you are about to get SLAMMED with international governence laws. Be prepared to have that name taken away.

I have seen so many TM names posted on this very forum since the release of the new TLD's. Yahoo was used as an example.

Folks, these institutions are hot on your tail. Take this early notice as perhaps your only warning.

JudisFather

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

that is correct but .. it won't happen because we already have huge number of extensions and most of them will fail and the icann sure know they will limit expansion otherwise the internet will be ruined.

JudisFather

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are well over 740 BRANDS that are pending which are not even part of these 1900 releases. I saw a list yesterday.

For everyone who is regging TM's you are about to get SLAMMED with international governence laws. Be prepared to have that name taken away.

I have seen so many TM names posted on this very forum since the release of the new TLD's. Yahoo was used as an example.

Folks, these institutions are hot on your tail. Take this early notice as perhaps your only warning.

nobody shall reg anything related to TM like yahoo or hotmail or any of those ...

for the extension luxury.villas VS luxuryvillas.xyz sure thing .xyz a loses nobody should reg anything about villas with the existence of .villas ;) right ?

for xyz check negari post here

https://ceo.xyz/understanding-domain-industry-basics/#comment-48

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is correct but .. it won't happen because we already have huge number of extensions and most of them will fail and the icann sure know they will limit expansion otherwise the internet will be ruined.
getting very difficult trying to make sense out of non-sense.

won't happen (it is)
we already have a huge number (we do)
most will fail (they will)

Do you have any idea how much 1900+ is? That is the number of the appoved domain new extensions.

Do you not keep up with domain news?

JudisFather

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
getting very difficult trying to make sense out of non-sense.

won't happen (it is)
we already have a huge number (we do)
most will fail (they will)

Do you have any idea how much 1900+ is? That is the number of the appoved domain new extensions.

Do you not keep up with domain news?

Being Optimistic is good Gerry :)

JudisFather

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am very optimistic.

Hard lessons to learn when you have to pay for that optimism. I suggest you refocus your focus and your optimism.

Thanks Gerry

WAS.XYZ secured

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom