• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Should I take these offers?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lux

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Messages
597
Reaction score
0
I've received a $100 offer on ChanceEncounter.com and a $75 offer on BlankDiscs.com. Are either of those too low?

I'm not desperate for money, but it would be nice to have some extra around the holidays, and I haven't had much luck selling since I got into this game.

ChanceEncounter.com would be a great name for a Relationship/Dating site, but I was never planning on developing it. The .net is registered and the plural is registered in .com and .net.

BlankDiscs.com, I was going to put up affiliate links for CD-R(W)'s and DVD-R(W)'s, but I'm not sure how much profit that would turn.

Should I sell now for those prices?

Thanks.

Cynthia
 
is it a person or comapny?
Do you know if they own any of the other extensions?
Do you have it advertised for sale, or did they track you down?

answering these question would help answer your question.
 
I'm not sure if it's a company or just one person.

One came from Sedo, the other came from DNClassifieds.com.
 
Originally posted by CrazyEddie
is it a person or comapny?
Do you know if they own any of the other extensions?
Do you have it advertised for sale, or did they track you down?

answering these question would help answer your question.

Let's assume that it's a company (a Limitted Liability Partnership incorporated in Maryland) comprised of 5 people... 2 of which are midgets. They own the .biz and .cc extensions. They hired a private investigator to track down who owned the domain. So Eddie what do you think he should ask for?
 
I would sell both of them at these prices. ChanceEncounter.com is a definite sell, in my opinion, especially given that you have no plans to develop it. You may want to ask for a higher offer on blankdisks.com though, but if you can't get a higher offer I would still sell, it doesn't seem like "blank disks" is a popular search, anyways.
 
I like chanceencounter.com

Too Low...at least worth $500
 
Originally posted by gourd
I've received a $100 offer on ChanceEncounter.com and a $75 offer on BlankDiscs.com

Should I sell now for those prices?


No way.....hold.
 
Chance encounters, take
the other one is worth more for sure.
 
2k each minimum, hold for few years and see what will happen.

if www3 is not to come, they will worth more.
 
I would counter $400 on ChanceEncounter.com and $1,000 on BlankDiscs.com... see what they come back at you with, if at all, and then decide from there.
 
Think about the following:-

A) How long have you owned each of the names?
B) How many unsolicited offers have you received for each?

I'm not going to give you a value, but if A) is "a long time" and B) is "none until now" then SELL SELL SELL!
 
I think your chances of getting 4 figures for these names is nil. They came to you so I would counter with something in the 250-500each range.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom