Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Show your .company GTLD domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you the advice DomainScoop...i am not so much in .company domains, i reg only one for my company name.

Domain Summit 2024

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you the advice DomainScoop...i am not so much in .company domains, i reg only one for my company name.

No worries, I also would like to give you a tip.

If I were you, I would NOT register domains like, Newsfrom.today etc , ineed.shoes etc, simply throwing your money down the drain.

I would say, only register domain names that are making sense with gtlds, otherwise, dont waste money, so far, I have spent 70 bucks on gtlds, and not going to spend a dime more until .college comes out :)

so think wisely and choose wise, and stay away from the kind of regs you are registering, just my 2 cents, Bro!

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your note, comment.
To me it's not about the name as soon as possible to re-sell (unless the price is right :)).
I see more potential as a finished website, shop etc.
I'm more of a pragmatic type and orient myself to the end users and less to the resellers.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your note, comment.
To me it's not about the name as soon as possible to re-sell (unless the price is right :)).
I see more potential as a finished website, shop etc.
I'm more of a pragmatic type and orient myself to the end users and less to the resellers.

READ THE PM, i sent you, and I hope you make the right move and right choices, Been there done that, good luck my brother!

If you need to make the website on ineed.shoes, i rather spend 50 or 60 bucks to acquire ineedhsoes.com and build a site there, otherwise, you will be spending alot to promote.

Honestly, the domains you are regging, end users will be hard to convince. Good luck with your ventures.!

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if San Francisco needs any help, they can contact me on my SanFrancisco (dot) company website
If they can't find it there, they can check my other website at LosAngeles (dot) company website

I'm intrigued by your thinking on this, MD. The same strategy could obviously roll out to any city in the world. Are you thinking of search traffic or the possibility of someone wanting to create a companies directory, in which case LA.companies would make more sense ('cept dot companies ain't on the horizon of course)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zero.

One thing to add: there are far more names reserved by the registry this time around.
But but but - we have been told all along that new extensions would bring unprecedented choice of good keywords to consumers. You mean icann't has been lying to us :eek:

Seriously, domainers are talking about developing their babies (makes sense since resale is pretty much ruled out), but usually nothing ever gets done, once the "hello word" wordpress template is in place. The drops will be dramatic next year.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you're right, Katherine. There either has to be a lot of solid development of these names over the next year or many will drop next year when the (exorbitant) renewal fees arise. Meanwhile, let's be optimistic, there are thousands of new business owners coming to the net for the first time in the Far East, if they're persuaded (and it wouldn't be hard) that .com has had its day, they'll be scouting around for alternatives. The internationalization of ICANN might help too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there are far more names reserved by the registry this time around.

I've said it, Theo said it, others have said it, and so I figured it needed to be bolded and re-quoted again!

cuz, some still ain't getting it

sure, some folks will profit, but consider the obstacle of explaining any.whatever to a potential, versus what com/net/org has already established.

and the anticipation to "see" some high dollar sales in this or any other gtld, will only futher stimulate the better get in craze.

but look at what's bolded.

the registry "keeps" adding to the "bank" on both sides of this "thang" they doing.

on one side, continuing to increase the number of keywords that are reserved, for each new gtld that's released.

on the other side, charging premium registration and renewal fees for second tier keywords, with plans to "auction" the reserved keywords at later date.

that date, depends on the "frenzy" level and whether it needs re-stimulation or not, and to what degree it will be implemented.

no lie though, I've put several .whatevers in my "cart", even while talking shit about them

haven't pulled the trigger yet, but if and when I do, it won't be the do-do, that I see some are registering now :)

it's a clever plan, so still on outside looking in.

Good Luck!

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you Icedude!
you're right about users not typing the domain name into the url. the only thing i type into the url is cnn.com or go daddy.com. but when i type anything like "can" or "go daddy", it just pulls up content such as "cnn - news" and "godaddy domains". i don't think anyone else types in the url anymore. mostly search engines assist users with auto-complete.
LOL.... I do like the two you have though, nice names, the LA and SF one's...

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you manyagem,

not sure what I'm thinking. i searched "san francisco company" and "los angeles company" (with quotes) and got a lot of companies based in those areas - over a million.i believe "la company" is French. when you type that keyword, you get french companies. id like to create a website, but i don't know what it would be... i swear i was sober when i bought them ;-)

I'm intrigued by your thinking on this, MD. The same strategy could obviously roll out to any city in the world. Are you thinking of search traffic or the possibility of someone wanting to create a companies directory, in which case LA.companies would make more sense ('cept dot companies ain't on the horizon of course)

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since most tech companies are located here and the city is growing beyond compare, I selected:

SanJose.company

nice pick, i used to work in sanjose, you are right, best one yet would be siliconvalley.company , since all the tech moguls live there

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny. I lived in san jose too. Had a bad experience there which i reserved myself from buying it.
theres a huge company buying a 10,000 squarefoot office there. No one knows who it is!
as for washington area, seattle, bellevue and redmond (microsoft town) was already regged.

I see oklahoma is still available :-(

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny. I lived in san jose too. Had a bad experience there which i reserved myself from buying it.
theres a huge company buying a 10,000 squarefoot office there. No one knows who it is!
as for washington area, seattle, bellevue and redmond (microsoft town) was already regged.

I see oklahoma is still available :-(
San Jose is so densely populated that if it continues to grow, it can only grow UP. I think the landscape and makeup of San Jose will continue to evolve and exceed its current growth rate and anyone's expectations.

On a side note, I was watching the news a few nights ago. There is a measure before city council to open up all (yes, ALL!) available hotel rooms to the homeless! While it may seem quite generous, there are many opponents against this for some obvious and un-obvious reasons...one being zero incentive to make better life decisions and zero incentives of moving out. While the national level continues to decline, the San Jose/Santa Clara number continues to climb to over 8,000 estimated homeless and California leading the nation in number of homeless.

I am seeing first hand of how these growing tech companies and the trillions of dollars changing hands here, I am seeing how the entire Bay area is trying to reinvent itself as the "friend" of the homeless, desolate, unemployed, people in the area rather than the "fiend" that created the problem. Rents, leases, home prices are so high that there is no ceiling. The median home price in San Francisco has easily topped $1.3 million - the distinction of the highest in the country with San Jose being the 2nd highest in the country. There is no minimum and there is no maximum. The market is so robust thanks to all the millionaires and billionaires the city(yes) create.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before taking this 6 month contract in the Bay area, I was also considering an offer that would have put me in the heart of Palo Alto. Even though I would be getting a generous housing stipend, the average price of an unfurnished 1bd studio was well in excess of $4K per month. I chose not to take that position since the agency recruiting me would not increase their stipend. I would have been in the Palo Alto/Stanford University real estate market that was blazing hot. Plus, I could only get a month-to-month lease for anything less than 12 months and prices were subject to change. All of that uncertainty put me against that position.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Before taking this 6 month contract in the Bay area, I was also considering an offer that would have put me in the heart of Palo Alto. Even though I would be getting a generous housing stipend, the average price of an unfurnished 1bd studio was well in excess of $4K per month. I chose not to take that position since the agency recruiting me would not increase their stipend. I would have been in the Palo Alto/Stanford University real estate market that was blazing hot. Plus, I could only get a month-to-month lease for anything less than 12 months and prices were subject to change. All of that uncertainty put me against that position.

My friend who own house worth over 2.5 m in San Jose . The house is in hills by highway 680 , spent night there was fabulous. Apart from that good name

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont forget 101.
Yea 2-bedroom at $2,700/month for 1,100 squarefoot. Want to move out before your 15-month lease? Fork out $10,000 just to cancel. Theives i tell ya. Theives!!!
LA or even san francisco is better lifestyle. Palo alto with popcorn ceiling made in the 1980's will cost ya $2,200/month. Damn. Not everyone owns an IT startup. Jesh

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont forget 101.
Yea 2-bedroom at $2,700/month for 1,100 squarefoot. Want to move out before your 15-month lease? Fork out $10,000 just to cancel. Theives i tell ya. Theives!!!
LA or even san francisco is better lifestyle. Palo alto with popcorn ceiling made in the 1980's will cost ya $2,200/month. Damn. Not everyone owns an IT startup. Jesh

Even cops of Bay Area are corrupt and known for making false claims especially Hayward concord Campbell Fremont , cities are literally exit away from each other and you do not know which jurisdiction are you in

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom