Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Showcase your .ca's

Status
Not open for further replies.

whamm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I concur. 4 great bottles of red wine with my good friend (and cherry popping domainer that night I might add)......the results of his new investment......dumbcracker (dot) com and stupidcracker (dot) com

ravencorp

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was curious what you guys think the value of these 2 domains would be? I have a media company bidding me a decent amount for popcorn, but view snow as more marketable and valuable.

-new to board and curious what thoughts are

I am new to board. Was curious as to what you guys think the value of these names would be.

thanks

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Popcorn is the better of the two in my opinion.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was curious what you guys think the value of these 2 domains would be? I have a media company bidding me a decent amount for popcorn, but view snow as more marketable and valuable.

I am new to board. Was curious as to what you guys think the value of these names would be.

thanks

Popcorn is more generic for sure and a really good domain. I think snow is awesome and should be marketed to some of the bigger ski hills. Nice grabs.

whamm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like snow the best. Dropwizards suggestion on the snow report is a good one. Good luck.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hard to choose, they are fairly equal, although popcorn is a food product and can be used year-round, whereas snow would have to be branded into something like a snow report, or snow gear, skiing, etc. and is only important for one season. are there any .com sales of these words to go by?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hard to choose, they are fairly equal, although popcorn is a food product and can be used year-round, whereas snow would have to be branded into something like a snow report, or snow gear, skiing, etc. and is only important for one season. are there any .com sales of these words to go by?
It's not really about being seasonal or not. These domains would NOT sell for much IF they're only used for popcorn or snow related products or services. A good sale should come from them being BRANDED, as in popcorn for movies or snow for beer. The difference between them however lies in that the former renders a positive imagery (happy, excitement, gathering) to most people, while the latter is often associated with WINTER, cold, lonely, etc. Like I said, it's all about CONNOTATION.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

thanks

Welcome to dnforum ravencorp - always room for more Canadians. :eek:k:

I like both. They both have the ability to branded more than one way, but with Canada being a Northern country snow just seems to have more potential buyers.

As for values... the closest recent sale to popcorn for any type of movie use that I can remember would be Theaters.ca at $25,000 from July last year. Popcorn is not theaters but it would represent near the top end you could expect amongst resellers.

while the latter is often associated with WINTER, cold, lonely, etc

It is often also associated with lots of fun - snowball fights, sledding, hockey, skiing, snowmobiling, beautiful winter scenes, watching people in Vancouver drive in one inch of snow.. :eek:k:

If you put these up for sale I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd pay much more for popcorn than for snow. popcorn falls in with movies, entertainment, social, etc... snow is useful but there are many other better choices for what I think it can be used for.

I have the french version of snow - neige.ca

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Kevin.

fractal

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what you think bonk {dot} ca would be worth?

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive got slopes.ca to go with your snow.ca, could be an interesting combo!

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just regged this the other day, am hoping to develop... I think it is a good name...

:cool:

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good name for a site that finds in-home care/nursing for aging parents, etc. What do you have planned for it?

If I told you I'd have to... well you know...

:smilewinkgrin:

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, I'll wait and see then. it's a good name for a site, easy to remember and gives an idea of what the site will be about.

hehe just kidding, we are actually looking at a few options, the original idea was for daycare, then I found this name and I think it should cover all forms of care, so live-in, part time nursing, full time care, etc... We hope to get going soon, perhaps roll out an initial version focusing on one type of care, then expand... we shall see how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators