Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Sibername takes name back that was won... veneer.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, the sad part is it is currently at $135 with 3 hours left.

Sibename, was it worth losing a customer that gives you over 30k-60k a year for $135?

-=DCG=-

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We have had far worse from Sibername - they pulled domains out of our account a few weeks later! :veryangry:

Now that is scary - we would like to hear the circumstances about that one! I can't imagine any circumstance that could be justified under...

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you're so surprised Adam. That was exactly what they did to me when their software left and auction open after bidding and you overbid us. After Bulent promised to give us the domains he welched and gave them to you. There's a basic lack of honesty there and it won''t change. And I was spending as much as you.

I was sniping on creditbureau.ca and

Ahh you just had to remind me about screwing up THAT renewal :-(

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now that is scary - we would like to hear the circumstances about that one! I can't imagine any circumstance that could be justified under...

It has been well covered here already, and if I bring it up once more I will get stalked online again. Enough to say, not only did they pull domains from our account at Sibername and then resell them, the domains were already registered under our name at CIRA, which means they also ran like a bull through the CIRA rules china shop to do so.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What name was it? If they won't make it right, I will try to.

-=DCG=-

I appreciate that Adam but it wasn't your fault.... you just bid in the system. I've made my peace with the loss and moved on. It's been around 2-3 years now. But you may notice I do bring it up everytime Sibername gets mentioned :flame:

Thanks for offering!

You dropped creditbureau.ca ?? ouch.

I just checked and it was consumercredit.ca not creditbureau.ca sorry! But I'm not sure I feel any better anyway :-(

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

But what surprises me is the number of times these circumstances get mentioned here and everybody still flocks to do business with them.

Fact is if they got hauled up on this board and told no more business until you do right by the customer these kinds of incidents would be controlled or even ended.

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
glad to hear it wasn't credit bureau.. that was easily the best tbr I've picked up this year. notice I didn't offer to give it up - Adam must be a nicer guy them me :)

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

But what surprises me is the number of times these circumstances get mentioned here and everybody still flocks to do business with them.

Fact is if they got hauled up on this board and told no more business until you do right by the customer these kinds of incidents would be controlled or even ended.

Its easy for us all to agree in principle, but when a potential bargain is in a TBR, pride and stubborness can't get in the way of business - and they know that. Sibername's biggest problem is that they haven't publicly disclosed the situation. If it was all clear as to what happened, then we might be more forgiving when mistakes are made.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

It has been well covered here already, and if I bring it up once more I will get stalked online again. Enough to say, not only did they pull domains from our account at Sibername and then resell them, the domains were already registered under our name at CIRA, which means they also ran like a bull through the CIRA rules china shop to do so.

ah, ok, lets not dredge up the past then!

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Adam, I assume you did not bid on veneer.ca then ? I _think_ I won it, but at this point I haven't received any confirmation from sibername...

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam, I assume you did not bid on veneer.ca then ? I _think_ I won it, but at this point I haven't received any confirmation from sibername...

You are correct, I won't bid on anything at Sibername again until they rectify this situation.

... and I plan on documenting this and sending it to Byron G. Holland, CIRA's President and CEO, who I have a good relationship with.

My lawyer also happens to be CIRA's lawyer.

-=DCG=-

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I think it's time to push CIRA to reign in their registrars. CIRA forces you to participate with their TBR registrars so we should be able to demand transparency to the system.

pandersen

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Are you saying a registrar is changing the registrant of a domain name without consent of some kind? (e.g. Domain "a" clearly showed as Registrant "A" in Whois and none of Domain's contacts, Registrant "A" or account holder of "a" Authorized the change?)

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you saying a registrar is changing the registrant of a domain name without consent of some kind? (e.g. Domain "a" clearly showed as Registrant "A" in Whois and none of Domain's contacts, Registrant "A" or account holder of "a" Authorized the change?)

Yes, precisely. CIRA simply declined to intervene when we went to them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom