Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Singing.org

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tee

Posted this before, looking for an updated appraisal.

My feel is $500. What do you guys think? Looking for an asking price to use when afternic goes live

Thx.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If there are any nonprofit associations of singers out there, maybe one of them would want this. I dunno how much they'd be willing to pay for it, though.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$300-1000, depends on buyer. Find an opera school online, and ask $2500.00

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$500 to $1K is a very reasoanble asking price, imo. Singing doesn't have to be non-profit. Engineering.org went for around $200K .....I know those were very different times and the name itself was in a totally different league...but no harm in citing the reference when negotiating. GL.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, off topic a bit, but i have a simple question:

Now that you mention it, how do you offer a domain to someone without them treating your email as just spam? I have no problem with business proposals, etc. but most of the time i cant think of a good way to get in touch with someone i think would be interested in a domain name.

Originally posted by doberry
$300-1000, depends on buyer. Find an opera school online, and ask $2500.00

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Point8T
Sorry, off topic a bit, but i have a simple question:

Now that you mention it, how do you offer a domain to someone without them treating your email as just spam? I have no problem with business proposals, etc. but most of the time i cant think of a good way to get in touch with someone i think would be interested in a domain name.

Something Like:

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is a ONE TIME ONLY invitation for you to participate in
potential acquisition of the domain-name: XXXXXXXXXX

This offer is being extended because you/your business were specifically identified as one which might be interested in, and deserving of, acquiring this generic, premium domain-name.

Our client had acquired XXXXXXXXXX. for their own usage but their willingness to depart from it reflects a change in their original business plan and a realization that such a premium name could probably be put to better utility by an established, well-respected and leading resource on XXXXXXXX... like
yourself. If interested please submit your BEST OFFER, along with a brief statement of your proposed/intended use for the domain-name, at the following e-mail address:"

"Give a different e-mail address; better if its professional looking such as [email protected](not real)"...something like that.

Sincerely:

Staff at DomainAgents.com(not real)...(something like that)

May wana get a suitable domain with e-mail for this purpose.

P.S. This is not a legal or even quasi-legal advice; just my own personal ideas working n this "direct marketing" stuff over last few days; haven't finalized myself whether and how I'd do it. Happy speculating and re-selling..
:)

Edition: I myself have recently acquired two domains primarily for this purpose (DomainAgency.biz & DomainAgency.US. May also use them later for a related website).

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DryHeat

Something Like:

Dear Sir or Madam:

potential acquisition of the domain-name: XXXXXXXXXX

This offer is being extended because you/your business were specifically identified as one which might be interested in, and deserving of, acquiring this generic, premium domain-name.

Our client had acquired XXXXXXXXXX. for their own usage but their willingness to depart from it reflects a change in their original business plan and a realization that such a premium name could probably be put to better utility by an established, well-respected and leading resource on XXXXXXXX... like
yourself. If interested please submit your BEST OFFER, along with a brief statement of your proposed/intended use for the domain-name, at the following e-mail address:"

"Give a different e-mail address; better if its professional looking such as [email protected]"...something like that.

Sincerely:

Staff at DomainAgent.com...(something like that)

May wana get a suitable domain with e-mail for this purpose.

P.S. This is not a legal or even quasi-legal advice; just my own personal ideas working n this "direct marketing" stuff over last few days; haven't finalized myself whether and how I'd do it. Happy speculating and re-selling..
:)

Very Nice,
Can I use this as a template

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon

Very Nice,
Can I use this as a template

Why not....thats why I posted it....I'm still working on it; you may wana make some changes depending upon your situation and the types of names/buyers you're focusing on. :)

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Point8T wanted “…a good way to get in touch with someone i think would be interested in a domain name”.

In response, Dryheat was kind enough to post above his letter starting:

Dear Sir or Madam:

potential acquisition of the…

Dryheat indicated that he would allow other members of the forum to just use the letter!

In posts above other board members thanked Heat but I also personally want to thank Heat so much. It really is a very professional letter – has some real nice points.

Thanks again

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Looking for an asking price to use when afternic goes live"

WOW. I figured a lot of people might give them (the name, anyway) a second chance ... good to hear! :)
As far as the domain, I like it here in the ".ORG". One thing that I will throw out is that non-profits, in general, do not have a lot of cash to whip out for domain names. Yours seems "artsy" to me, so I think this will be the case ... and there is nothing wrong with "artsy", by the way.
I like your $500 number, but I would go live with it at "Make Offer" or "Best Offer" and refer targeted people to your new auction, en masse. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators