• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale snapname expires

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
4,865
Reaction score
10
My first DomainSnap expired yesterday. I had my 3rd exchange on 16oz.com But, it went to Enom eventhough it had a Snap and NW (not mine).

I guess I have been lucky up to now. Because, I have never had one expire without catching something.

When it is down to "one" I usually put it on something easy.

This is a example that the unlimited snapnames do have merit.

What has been your experiences with the 3 exchange Snaps?
 
It had been good to me :). 2 snaps were successful on the first try, 1 failed once and I'm waiting for a few others, and time will tell.
 
Suggestion for owners of DomainSnaps.

If you don't put your fax number on your master data file.
Somehow, some other fax number will show up when it catches
a domain name for you.

If you don't have a fax. Then, maybe you should just put your regular number or xxxx's.
 
Over 5 of my snaps expired in the last month, too bad it has only 3 exchanges.
 
My experience is that I lost my first life snapping a domain that had already been renewed. lol
 
Originally posted by dotNetKing
My experience is that I lost my first life snapping a domain that had already been renewed. lol

Life is short for the 3 exchange snaps. So I always use an unlimited snap for domains not in redemption period, once it goes to redemption, I manually exchange it to a limited snap. Hope you find this tip useful :).
 
888,
I have thought about doing that. But, have been reluctant to take the snap off and move it to another snap.

Somehow, I wonder if someone has a script that checks for changes and jumps in. (Getting a little parinoid.)
 
Discounted snaps are definitely good when you know a name is close and want a chance at getting it without paying full price. So far I have caught at least something with mine.

I wouldn't doubt that someone has a script that jumps in when someone changes/adds a snap and informs them or takes it right away. If someone has one please email with the purchase price :)
 
Very good idea 888

About someone grabbibng it, I dought it. You could probably get it in under 30 seconds.
 
I always open 2 separate windows and do it quickly. I also thought of someone might jump in, but that never happen to me, yet :). Of course, I'm not responsible for your loss if you're not fast enough :D.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom