Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

So what's wrong with DNForum moderation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm a bit out of sync, but it seems that the mob is running DNForum instead of some sensible minds lately.

From my casual observation, this may be the result of:

a) the lack of respect for voluntary moderators (which I'm sorry to say, action has to be coming from Adam himself to revert it), and

b) an ultra "Laissez-faire" policy of moderation which has seriously hurt the "rule of law".

For a small circle of closely knit and respectable businessmen, the latter, anything goes forum management style may work. But DNForum is much bigger than that, and many quiet lurkers (who could well be your core clients) may have already been offended by those active bullying few who think they are running DNForum.

Let me cite 2 examples here:

- http://www.dnforum.com/f496/107-dom...t-ztom-net-streamsrubs-com-thread-384574.html

This guy (GUA) CLEARLY and knowingly post his "above $100" sales in the "$100 and under" section, but no action was taken.

- http://www.dnforum.com/f254/obama-wins-nobel-peace-prize-9-thread-390136.html#post1799028

This REPORTED post CLEARLY requires action. I couldn't believe any sensible moderator would think otherwise and let DNForum goes down like one of those cheap forums where kids paste a dozen pictures in a single post.

So my question is, what's wrong with DNForum moderation?

Upvote 0

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Are these the kind of "disgusting" and "offensive" names you're so annoyed by? Or are they worse than that? ;)

No, I cant say they even compare to the vial and hardcore names that were being posted here... You of course know that, I'll bet you were disappointed not to find any in my portfolio.... Nice try FDF.

And I DONT own a non-profit, so stop posting LIES, like you always do.

I also ask the mods to remove the domains you posted, since I never posted them here.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider, doesn't your "non profit" domain company PyraLink Media own such gems as cleanshavedteens.com and youngschoolgirls.com?

Or do I have the wrong person? :) Are these the kind of "disgusting" and "offensive" names you're so annoyed by? Or are they worse than that? ;)

wowow......:rolleyes:

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And CleanShavedTeens refer to Clean Shaven Teenaged Boys vs Teenaged Boys with facial hair.

Ah ok, so it is safe to assume the ppc links will be razor blades and shaving cream for post-pubescent young males?

Whew, glad to hear that.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's partly because of jabs like this that people want the political forum to go away...

It wasn't a jab, I've been here long enough to know that this is exactly what's going to happen.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
And yet another thread down the drain. :sad:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
popcorn.bmp

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we need to crack down more on our forum trolls. These people do nothing but cause problems in our community. Mostly referring to people who go off topic about 99% of the time, never talk about domains, never lend domain knowledge and do nothing but get into spats with our members. We have no room for forum trolls.

Last edited:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we need to crack down more on our forum trolls. These people do nothing but cause problems in our community. Mostly referring to people who go off topic about 95% of the time, never talk about domains, never lend domain knowledge and do nothing but get into spats with our members. We have no room for forum trolls.

I wonder who that could be......:rolleyes:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we need to crack down more on our forum trolls. These people do nothing but cause problems in our community. Mostly referring to people who go off topic about 95% of the time, never talk about domains, never lend domain knowledge and do nothing but get into spats with our members. We have no room for forum trolls.

agreed.jpg

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I cant say they even compare to the vial and hardcore names that were being posted here... You of course know that, I'll bet you were disappointed not to find any in my portfolio.... Nice try FDF.

And I DONT own a non-profit, so stop posting LIES, like you always do.

Says so right in your own profile. :lol:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yet another thread down the drain?

At what point can we make that call?

For me, it was post #64.

For every one else, well...they can post their own results.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! It feels like IDN and .mobi in here. :pop2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom