Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise SocialNetwork.co.uk <- Still looking for ideas/options

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.
Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its perhaps a tad too generic for the niche.. I dont know of any social networks that actual brand on a socialnetwork domain. Not hip enough for the hipsters you know

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its perhaps a tad too generic for the niche.. I dont know of any social networks that actual brand on a socialnetwork domain. Not hip enough for the hipsters you know

Hi

i'm in agreement with @Castion

it's too generic for branding, because social network is not a product or service.
still, it's great name to describe what a sn is/are, the various social networks out there and what their niche' is

you could also provide insight on startups in that category, which may help with advertising.

if the domain has some typein traffic, that could help kick it off.

Good Luck!

imo...

disruptive

DISRUPT IT
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really wish it was socialmedia.co.uk, that could be an easier sell. No-one these days wants to create a social network (unless they are crazy) and you're right they would not want a generic. It feels a bit of a vanity domain, but then question is how to actually sell that.

disruptive

DISRUPT IT
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad name. If I had it I would pay renewal fees and wait for an offer. In fact wasn't this caught with my software? :p *edit* no that was the plural

What software was this? It was caught a long time ago.

disruptive

DISRUPT IT
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I provide a hosted catching system for uk tagholders - just moved to hostedchasing.com

How long ago? I got this about 12 years ago. I used to do my own catching and "whored" myself to any catching out there to collect names that I was after to get more slots.

Reaction score
Not that long ago. Think I started the public system around 2012. Lots of people using it now - competition has massively increased. I used to catch myself though from the automaton back from 2003. In those days there was lots to get and made a lot of money from them :)

disruptive

DISRUPT IT
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look t where I got it, but 2006, so not you :) Those happy days are over. I used to detagged "bank 'int day" sometimes for catching. Chris Holland. I think he retired off to the Spanish Sunshine.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators