• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed sociology.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmacdon

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
647
Reaction score
18
Hi Everybody,
sociology.com
I asked for appraisals on this one a while back and got ranges from something like low XX,XXX to low XXX,XXX - I have since received a number of requests for info and offers; the latest at 70K.
What are your thoughts on recent value? Hold out for XXX,XXX offer or develop?
Thanks,
Rob
 
$45,000 - $80,000 (without including the offer).

I don't know if you'll get 6 figures for it, but its obviously a premium .com and I wish you all the best of luck getting a great price for it.
 
Thanks GT - Your feedback is appreciated.
Rob
 
I would take the $70,000 for it. That is more then reasonable.
 
What GT Web said. Premium no doubt.
 
I believe 70K is a great offer for this name as is.

Develop it into something and you will get your xxx,xxx.
 
IMO 70K is a decent offer. I would take it.
You can do a lot with fresh cash. It would take serious development and a long time to make that amount of money with the domain alone.
 
I would not take 70k!
I'd develop into a site worth $100k+ if I had the time.
 
Isn't Sociology a 4 year degree course? Forget $70k - This is far more valuable. Off the top of my head, you have a way of selling very expensive degree courses for a start.
 
Personally i'd try & squeeze some more but would be happy with $70k
Not sure how it could be monetized
Education used to be free in the UK, it's not quite the case anymore..thanks Labour :sigh2:
Depends how much you need the dough, but from where i'm standing seems a solid offer. You could buy something better for half that.
Having said that though, i am looking at it from a resellers point of view.
From an endusers point of view, this is the best they can get, i guess, for their product/service. They will have a limit though, so don't scare them off.
Good luck with the sale. Beers on you? ;)
Pred
nb: do you pay for your uni courses in the US?
Maybe a specialist Uni or college may be really interested. Try brokering through sedo, if you want to 'harvest' more.
 
Here is what ovt says:

sociology: 40415
sociology.com: 136

Here is what ovt bid tool says:

sociology: Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.23
sociology course: Advertiser's Max Bid: $1.11
sociology degree: Advertiser's Max Bid: $1.30
sociology career: Advertiser's Max Bid: $3.26

I would develop and wait for a few more years before selling.

One question, what kind of traffic does it receive?
 
ditto what has been said above. This is a premium name-might consider to take $70k for it.
Good luck
 
counter.. if 70k was their first.. then 70k isn't their last, more than likely .. Doubt you'll lose them
 
take it ,70k can bring you more

take it ,70k can bring you more
 
Thanks folks,
Not in need for the cash so will probably hold out and develop. The traffic is direct type in and averages about 4000 per month. Goes high when school (University) is in and lower in the summer.
All of your feedback is interesting and appreciated including the PMs.
Rob
 
I would take the $70k
 
The traffic is direct type in and averages about 4000 per month.

That's a very good start, I would definitely develop this one.


If you gave him these stats, here is what your end-user is probably thinking:
4000*12months*3years*50cts = $72k
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom