Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Some available names

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i didn't take any

but that list looks like one of my old hard copies of overture results for 'similar keywords' from 2007 :)

Thanks

imo...

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overture:eek:...theres a service I haven’t heard referred to in some time Don:)

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
How about the length of the domain names? Aren't they too long?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about the length of the domain names? Aren't they too long?

i have some names that are 3-4 words long

length is relevant for long tail

imo....

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some keyword names are long, you may have better success with some of those than 4 letter names, but 4 letter names are more liquid.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hell I used Goto before they changed the name to Overture. I spent money on their PPC but their keyword search tool is what really was a game-changer for me regarding domain names. You could see what the popular searched words containing your keyword were along with search volume. I'd slap the popular keywords into a notepad & enter the list into the old dnanlyzer software to see if the names were available to register.

I still have that original dnalyzer software on my old computer & once in a while I will load up keywords. Back in the old days, I would load up all 3 character .com possibilities at domain drop time every morning. One morning I found about 180 3 character .coms available & was to able register around 160 of them if I recall. Back in those days, we'd flip them in the old Afternic chatroom for $25-$50.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Back in the old days, I would load up all 3 character .com possibilities at domain drop time every morning. One morning I found about 180 3 character .coms available & was to able register around 160 of them if I recall. Back in those days, we'd flip them in the old Afternic chatroom for $25-$50.

good story

i memba those days, sitting by the keyboard @ 10:59CST, waiting for 3 character.com to drop

caught quite a few for $6.95 and like you said, next day profiting was on.

imo...

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
I still have that original dnalyzer software on my old computer & once in a while I will load up keywords. Back in the old days, I would load up all 3 character .com possibilities at domain drop time every morning. One morning I found about 180 3 character .coms available & was to able register around 160 of them if I recall. Back in those days, we'd flip them in the old Afternic chatroom for $25-$50.

I wish I knew that period! I am 30 years in two months and I am really interested in domaining, however, I have the feeling that the train is already leaving without me in the inside. That nostalgic moment you described in your comment is what I want to describe 20 years from now. I am pretty active in the forum since I joined and I am trying to learn as much as possible from experienced domainers and it is really fascinating.

Thank you again

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew that period! I am 30 years in two months and I am really interested in domaining, however, I have the feeling that the train is already leaving without me in the inside. That nostalgic moment you described in your comment is what I want to describe 20 years from now. I am pretty active in the forum since I joined and I am trying to learn as much as possible from experienced domainers and it is really fascinating.

Thank you again
There are old threads on this forum that are from the 2002-2004 era, you can search for them and read their thoughts if you like.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators