slabaugh.com
banner
Last edited:

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Hell I used Goto before they changed the name to Overture. I spent money on their PPC but their keyword search tool is what really was a game-changer for me regarding domain names. You could see what the popular searched words containing your keyword were along with search volume. I'd slap the popular keywords into a notepad & enter the list into the old dnanlyzer software to see if the names were available to register.

I still have that original dnalyzer software on my old computer & once in a while I will load up keywords. Back in the old days, I would load up all 3 character .com possibilities at domain drop time every morning. One morning I found about 180 3 character .coms available & was to able register around 160 of them if I recall. Back in those days, we'd flip them in the old Afternic chatroom for $25-$50.

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
Back in the old days, I would load up all 3 character .com possibilities at domain drop time every morning. One morning I found about 180 3 character .coms available & was to able register around 160 of them if I recall. Back in those days, we'd flip them in the old Afternic chatroom for $25-$50.
good story

i memba those days, sitting by the keyboard @ 10:59CST, waiting for 3 character.com to drop

caught quite a few for $6.95 and like you said, next day profiting was on.

imo...

juba

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 1, 2019
France
I still have that original dnalyzer software on my old computer & once in a while I will load up keywords. Back in the old days, I would load up all 3 character .com possibilities at domain drop time every morning. One morning I found about 180 3 character .coms available & was to able register around 160 of them if I recall. Back in those days, we'd flip them in the old Afternic chatroom for $25-$50.
I wish I knew that period! I am 30 years in two months and I am really interested in domaining, however, I have the feeling that the train is already leaving without me in the inside. That nostalgic moment you described in your comment is what I want to describe 20 years from now. I am pretty active in the forum since I joined and I am trying to learn as much as possible from experienced domainers and it is really fascinating.

Thank you again

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Jul 24, 2004
Planet Earth
slabaugh.com
banner
I wish I knew that period! I am 30 years in two months and I am really interested in domaining, however, I have the feeling that the train is already leaving without me in the inside. That nostalgic moment you described in your comment is what I want to describe 20 years from now. I am pretty active in the forum since I joined and I am trying to learn as much as possible from experienced domainers and it is really fascinating.

Thank you again
There are old threads on this forum that are from the 2002-2004 era, you can search for them and read their thoughts if you like.