• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed some more names I picked up

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KC Slim

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2002
Messages
300
Reaction score
0
gotkorea.com
oralsoft.com
usamotor.com
4closeouts.com
azfn.com
timesharelist.com
riflerepair.com
tattooforyou.com
augolf.com
hpjobs.com
webprn.com
bassbuy.com
what do you guys think?
 
Cool man thanks for the good word Brian, I hope it sells :)
 
usamotor.com and azfn.com are the best ones in that list. Best of luck.
 
thanks Mythios, what do you think would be a fair price to ask for them?
 
For azfn.com, maybe $199. That could be an acronym for something in Arizona (AZ). The usamotor.com is an excellent one. There's a site called usamotorevents.com, which is much longer than yours, so I would solicit to them and see what happens. I wouldn't ask a gouging price either, probably btw $150-$250, depending on your taste to ask. If you can make either of these sales, you'll have that much more in your wallet than you did before. If someone accepts, jump on it. Good luck.
 
thanks again Mythios, today I picked up these names
abcforkids.com
nycgym.com
swaninc.com

how do you like these?
 
Those might be some tough sells. abcforkids.com sounds good for some educational program. nycgym.com (I'm assuming you are taking off of New York City) could be okay, depending. The last, swaninc.com, seems promising. There's plenty of companies with the "swan" take and many listed in the search engines. Best of luck.
 
Once again I thank you for your help. I ran a search on Swaninc.com and found it was a web development company based out of Florida.
 
Hello KC Slim,

You have a couple of hopefuls there!

Just curious, Why are you buying these names?

If you are new to the domane name industry, may I suggest doing a little homework before you purchase names?

The name you have the greatest chance of un-loading is "auGolf.com" wherefore I would contact the holders of "auGolf.net".

"TimeShareList" would be good if you developed the website and started a following of repeat visitors then maybe you could unload it.

Following is some homework I've done for you.

Use the following information to guide you in making decisions on whether or not to go after a name in the future.

Where 1=Name Registered

Where 0=Name Not Registered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOTKOREA 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

ORALSOFT 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

USAMOTOR 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

4CLOSEOUTS 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

AZFN 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

TIMESHARELIST 1.com 1.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

RIFLEREPAIR 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

TATTOFORYOU 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

AUGOLF 1.com 1.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

HPJOBS 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

WEBPRN 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc

BASSBUY 1.com 0.net 0.org 0.us 0.biz 0.info 0.tv 0.ws 0.cc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you can see there has really been no interest in the names you chose to register in many of the other extensions. So you will probably have a lot of self-marketing to do.

Sorry this isn't sugar-coated but if you are simply buying names for re-sale, please check out the popularity of the name first before you waste your hard-earned cash.

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD
 
Dave Thanks for the info, it makes excellent sense. I feel pretty dumb for not trying the approach you laid out. Could you point me in the direction of a good site that could help me promote my names? I was thinking of making one of those free websites to advertise my Domain names, ie there such a thing as free url forwarding?
 
I agree with WeTLD, but it's good that you start with dot coms.

Use this to check your domain popularity:
http://www.linkpopularityweb.com/

You'll see that the best way to make it more popualt is to talk about it EVERYWHERE - and offer the for sale a lot of places.

>>ie there such a thing as free url forwarding?
Not at eNom bare bones I think? Never used them - might be wrong here.

Spend up to $5 a month for a great pay host - that lets you host them all on one account. I'd offer my server - but I charge 2 twice what is reasnoable - and only offer half hearted support :)
 
Free URL redirect comes with registration through Stargate, enom, or enom resellers like powerpipe or domainguru. I'm sure there are others but those are my favorites. Other than developing it, 90% of the fun of a domain is deciding where to send the type-ins.
 
thanks guys, I have most of my names registered through thatsagood.com I think they are an enom reseller.
is there a good site for domain name marketing?
 
hi again folks, just wanted to thank all of you for your advice, I ended up going with afternic. Here is a link to my web page, which in turn has links to my afternic storefront. Trust me if you click on this link you will see what in my opinion is a cool picture.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/tunamango/index.html
 
>hi again folks, just wanted to thank all of you for your advice, I ended up going
>with afternic.

Well, THAT was stupid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom