Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Some more of my new .biz..

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok,
here are a few more of the .biz names i got recently:

itmanagement.biz
jardin.biz
netservices.biz
pitstop.biz
roadhouse.biz
sensations.biz
serum.biz
turntable.biz
trademarking.biz

Please appraise :)

Domain summit 2024

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Money down the drain. Worthless.
Why do you think different?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Erm - to tell you why i would think different i first would have to know WHY you think they're worthless?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz names are sleepers to most people. Just like .com in 1995.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's pretty simple:
I ain't saying .biz will kill .com :D
BUT:
If .biz is going to be some kind of success some day AT ALL, the ones you wanna have then of course are the generic ones so i registered a few of them.
Should they not become a success in terms of enduser inquiries then they're still valuable for use in searchengines cuz they - as they are generic - make it a lot easier to achieve high rankings if optimized carefully.
Same goes for the few .ws i own(all generic as well): Crap for resale,great for the SE's.Watch out for the SE placement for SexPics.ws in the coming months.
Sure that's only good for if you're into developing or at least traffic.But that's the key to success anyway rather than ONLY selling names.
Btw, i received some inquiries for some of my new .biz already..:)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that beatz!

I also hear that .biz is cool in Germany.

I agree that the value of .biz, like any other gTLDs, follows the 95:5 rule.

The best names will always have inherent value, vanity or otherwise. Some of the true blue .biz names you have are great to some people. And it's the real businesses going online for the first time that can really afford the bucks.

They will come knocking, eventually as word spreads. But as they say, take it easy on how you promote them.

.biz is NOT a .tv, .a .ws, a .cc, a .fm.

.biz is an international extension that stands for business, pure and simple. Now, that is power to the suits.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see some people consider the .biz to be "okay".

I have a few myself (similar reasons for registering as beatz).

Here are a few, i'd appreciate some opinions:

Fishers.biz
freaks.biz (this was registered with my children in mind!) LOL
HawaiianHoliday.biz
HomeRealEstate.biz
Swappers.biz

Thanks in advance,

Debbie

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent flash! Like your use of the 'domain/site' statement. Great work, beatz.

For the valuation of new extensions, this post from www.icann.org by 'challenge'really hit a note with me and I thought I'd nick it and post it here. Hope you don't mind, challenge :D

I have been approached by an interested party with regards to a .INFO name that I acquired in Landrush1. I have spent a good deal of time analyzing the true value of .INFO names in general and I've previously proposed that the true value of .INFO can be worked backwards from a "lease" model (more on this later).
Out of curiosity I decided to try the GreatDomains valuation model and I figured that's an exercise worth paying $30 for. My conclusion is that the GD valuation process is "An Absolute and Utter Waste of Money"

Not that I didn't like the value you they attached to my name, rather the analysis is extremely superficial, weak and antiquated.

On the other hand I accidentaly stumbled upon a neat site (www.urlbuyers.com) that offers a quick albeit simplistic analysis model that is in my books a hundred times better than GD's...

On the topic of my name, while I'm not really interested in selling the name , I decided to apply my own valuation model to see how realistic it sounds.

Basically my model for generic terms works something like this:
- The number of letters and or words account for very little weighing (completely opposite to GD's valuation) e.g. "StockMarket.info" ranks much higher than "market.info"
- The highest weighing goes to what I call a name's "attachability" e.g. "Searchfor.info" ranks higher than "Search.info" because it attaches (rolls off the tongue) much better.
- High marks go to terms that lend themselves well to the connotation of INFO e.g. "London.info" will rank higher than "Beauty.info"
- Finally terms that fit better grammatically within that context e.g. reading.info ranks higher than read.info

I reach a minimum value by determining a reasonable monthly income based on using the name as a pointer for a searcheable topic. I then multiply this value by 72 to arrive at the "Fair Price" of the name.

Just some thoughts.

--- end nick

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanx again mole,
i agree with most of your quoted post except for the attachability thing; i think the times where names like WeBuildThe.com or SearchFor.info were considered to be clever are gone.I'd rather own Search.info than SearchFor.info really - even for attachability reasons.SearchFor.info might result in confusion on eg. the phone and come across like "searchfordotinfo - and what is the extension again?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators