Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Someone has registered the domain I want

Status
Not open for further replies.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have thought of the perect name for my company, problem is that someone has already registered the .com. The domain is obviously parked and there is nothin except advertising on the site. The registrar is not interested in selling and seems to have no plans to do anything with it.

I was thinking if I was to register the name as a trademark which I will be doing anyway, would I be able to get the domain through ICANN or something?

Thanks in advance

I saw your car parked on the street the other day. It doesn't seem you're driving it, so I took a picture of it. I then copyrighted the picture, so now I deserve to take your car. If you don't give it to me or sell it to me for the scrap metal value, I'll file a lawsuit for copyright infringement.

Domain Summit 2024

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking if I was to register the name as a trademark which I will be doing anyway, would I be able to get the domain through ICANN or something?

Do you steal other stuff like cars or wallets? I can't stand lowlife thieves.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got an idea....choose a different name!

bestcharm2005@yah

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Emails go to the junk mail. Lookup whois and get the phone number. Call the registerar if you have to. Call the person or mail letter. Possibly he/she is not getting your emails.

jsu1995

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain is obviously parked and there is nothin except advertising on the site. The registrar is not interested in selling and seems to have no plans to do anything with it.
You later said that they haven't responded to your e-mails... so how do you know they have no intentions for it or they won't sell to you? Sounds like a bad assumption.

Is the name you want a good "stand-alone" name with keywords, or is it just a "brandable" made up name? If it's the later, you may have a good chance of getting it cheap once you finally contact the owner. However, if it is a good keyword.com name, they may be making good money on parking revenue and the price will reflect that.

If it's about to expire like you said, wait and see if they don't renew it right away. I'm pretty sure they have a time after expiration that it can still be renewed by the owner -- something like 45-days (I'm sure one of the veterans on here can elaborate more). If it looks like it may drop, go ahead and work on catching it. If it gets renewed, then take some of the good advice that others have already offered and try contacting them again.

Good luck to you. :eek:k:

cleary1981

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right well I think I will just sit it out and wait for him to contact me on the matter. I never made an offer and obviously want as cheap a price as possible but wouldn't risk insulting with a low offer.

The domain in question is 6 characters long and is not a word. Has anyone a reasonable amount they would suggest this site would be worth?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right well I think I will just sit it out and wait for him to contact me on the matter. I never made an offer and obviously want as cheap a price as possible but wouldn't risk insulting with a low offer.

The domain in question is 6 characters long and is not a word. Has anyone a reasonable amount they would suggest this site would be worth?

If I haven't answered your original email, please send it again.

:smilewinkgrin:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long ago did you send the email? I only ask is because some people don't check email every day and/or go on vacation.

A few days isn't a long time to wait, if it's been more than two weeks then you might not get a response.

If you look up the WhoIs, who is the registrar? I'm sure some people here can point you to the aftermarket service that they work with
For example:

Enom goes to NameJet,
GoDaddy usually goes to TDNAM

Etc..

Also check with Pool and Afternic and look into backordering it with them - they won't charge you unless they get the name for you.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob Parsons wanted a name for his company.

A name he liked was taken.

He created a new name, Godaddy.com

Moral of the story. The name will not make you successful. The products and or services will. Oh yeah and allot of working capital to market your stuff. :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bob Parsons wanted a name for his company.

A name he liked was taken.

He created a new name, Godaddy.com

Moral of the story. The name will not make you successful. The products and or services will. Oh yeah and allot of working capital to market your stuff. :)

I always wondered what the story behind picking that name was. Such a strange name for a company.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People - this is a simple question asked by someone. We do not need to throw insults at the OP because of their question. New people are coming into the industry all the time and we were all new at it at one point of time.

If it's not constructive towards the subject of the post, don't post it. This is your only warning.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Impossible to say without knowing the name

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anybody pick up the damn phone anymore??? Geez...

kengreenwood

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2. Just because someone thought of a great company name, they should automatically be given the domain.

I agree with ActNow on the statement above.

This entire post just shows naivety on Clearly1981's part. "Clearly" doesn't understand how big of a business domain buying/selling is... and how long it has been going on... He'll learn soon enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom