• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed SOMEONE.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kventures

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
1
...
 
Last edited:
i think low $x,xxx - i could be way out though
 
generic single word dot net = $7,500 reseller / easy 5 figures to an end user.
Does it get traffic?
 
Great name - 10K
 
...
 
Last edited:
...
 
Last edited:
I think 10k++ considering that SOMEONE it's a dictionary word easy to remember and very used.
If you develop a people community with this domain and get many registered users and members you can aspect 25k++

Bye :smilewinkgrin:
 
nice one, 5-10k in a well promoted auction anytime
 
From what I've seen on .net sales even here in dnf I'd have to suggest no more than 2k. I've turned down what I consider more specific to .net use and even better generic for 1500. As a .com Id see it as an awesome name, but realize its a .net.

However if it gets typin traffic that estimate would change, but I dont see anyone typing someone.net out of the blue.

So I agree with petrosec on this one completely, and even at 2k you may not get alot of bites.

My suggestion of 2k is also in consideration to the fact that i like such types of names in .com and some cctld's.. a more conservative reseller price could be less.
 
Someone.net - Seems like an average dictionary .net not particularly lending itself to any application. I'd say $1k.
 
From what I've seen on .net sales even here in dnf I'd have to suggest no more than 2k. I've turned down what I consider more specific to .net use and even better generic for 1500. As a .com Id see it as an awesome name, but realize its a .net.

However if it gets typin traffic that estimate would change, but I dont see anyone typing someone.net out of the blue.

So I agree with petrosec on this one completely, and even at 2k you may not get alot of bites.

My suggestion of 2k is also in consideration to the fact that i like such types of names in .com and some cctld's.. a more conservative reseller price could be less.

I agree. It could lend itself to a nice site/dating etc though
'Someone' may well pay you a nice price for this.
Reseller $2k - 3k (get's some traffic which is big plus)
Didn't this sell on sedo couple weeks ago for approx $1.5k?
Pred :)
 
I agree. It could lend itself to a nice site/dating etc though
'Someone' may well pay you a nice price for this.
Reseller $2k - 3k (get's some traffic which is big plus)
Didn't this sell on sedo couple weeks ago for approx $1.5k?
Pred :)


Have you see latest sales on .net?
30k for Merlin.net ---> OK
7k for Connexion.net ---> OK
---------BUT---------
4k for ErectileDysfunction.net ---> ?
4k for Dapper.net -----> ?
4k for Arznei.net -----> ?

Now.. I think SOMEONE.net is more valuable then a lot of this domains..
2k-3k isn't a good sales for this name, it as very strongly development potential!
 
You really need to put yourself into the buyers shoes for some names, especially a .net, .org, or .biz. Each has their place in the big scheme of things. I own a .com for example of which i have the .org, and the .ca. I've of course approached the .net owner and the .us owner. Both wanted more than what I paid for the .com and I turned them down. Now the price I paid for the .com is possibly 10% what I feel it's worth but I would only want the others to have the set. The .org of my .com only get 1% the natural typin traffic and I'd expect similar for the .net and perhaps 0 for the .us. My .ca gets about 2-3% of the .com traffic stats. That said, how can someone justify an outlandish amount for the .net when the generic word itself leans towards .com stature. There are many factors to consider for any one term or word but If I were looking to buy "someone" I'd pay alot more for the .com and not even care about the .net but might want the .org and wouldnt even care if i had the .biz.

I believe its always possible an end user may offer alot more than my appraisal of 1 or 2 thousand. I've sold names ive paid 10-30$ for, for that amount so anything can happen. Take an hour on some forums and even on ebay, and tally up what people are paying for such names in .net. That would give you a realistic value. And try to sift through the shopaholics who will pay anything for any name just to have it.
 
$2k - $3k reseller. Retail? *Someone* would buy it. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom