Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Speculation in Kids.US....Now!!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"kidbedroom.com"

Domain summit 2024
K

kingdon

OK I bought in for $7 each, here's what I grabbed, any winners?

Don

POPULARKIDS.US

PLAYTIMEKIDS.US

CRAZYKIDS.US

FASTKIDS.US

HIPHOPKIDS.US

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am planning on developing a site for kids... registered it before this thread.

What do you think of Kids.us-Kids.us?

Similar to the idea behind: http://www.Buyer.info-Buyer.info

Will search engines find it?

_______.kids.us-kids.us names will also be possible.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PCkids.us available too.

$20 DNF if you reg it :)

Logik

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by William9
Logik:

You are concerned about reging 1 lousy domain. Its an easy logical choice – open bottle, pour wine, look at monitor – :rolleyes:

As HEAT and DUKE already captured the top search words, I was left with registered the 25,000 less desirable keyword-kids.us domains:

#1 reg bingocalls-kids.us
…
#2,008 reg e-duke2kids.us
…
#5,000 reg chickenparts-kids.us
…
#8,757 reg nuclearphysicskids.us
…
#15,257 reg rocketsciencekids.us
…
finally
#25,000 reg zitskids.us
…
DONE

Hey,

Sippin on a presidente...registered chesskids.us and sportkids.us :D I like the singular names.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holy Cow! I thought this thing ran out of steam yesterday!

PCKids.us is cool Beatz but it doesn't work for this play because there are no 2-letter .US domains, so there will not be a PC.Kids.us to siphon traffic from. It's almost worth regging on it's own though and not just for the computer application. There are a lot of "politically correct" zealots running around that want to bring up PCKids!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by William9
Logik:

You are concerned about reging 1 lousy domain. Its an easy logical choice – open bottle, pour wine, look at monitor – :rolleyes:

As HEAT and DUKE already captured the top search words, I was left with registered the 25,000 less desirable keyword-kids.us domains:

#1 reg bingocalls-kids.us
…
#2,008 reg e-duke2kids.us
…
#5,000 reg chickenparts-kids.us
…
#8,757 reg nuclearphysicskids.us
…
#15,257 reg rocketsciencekids.us
…
finally
#25,000 reg zitskids.us
…
DONE

MAN! Just when I thought I had covered all the bases!

Still you blew a couple of reg fees William. Domains can't end with a hyphen so there will be no chickenparts-.kids.us and no bingocalls-.kids.us. Sorry to ruin your Thanksgiving! :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase
Hi folks,

I am planning on developing a site for kids... registered it before this thread.

What do you think of Kids.us-Kids.us?

Similar to the idea behind: http://www.Buyer.info-Buyer.info

Will search engines find it?

_______.kids.us-kids.us names will also be possible.

Looks illegal Dome. Since a domain name can't end with a dash and the extension is .Kids.us how can you have Kids.us- in front of it? Of course you regged it before Kids.us came up. You may present a special headache to the authorities!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kingdon
OK I bought in for $7 each, here's what I grabbed, any winners?

Don

POPULARKIDS.US

PLAYTIMEKIDS.US

CRAZYKIDS.US

FASTKIDS.US

HIPHOPKIDS.US

PopularKids.us - Popular kid has poor search results so that doesn't look to promising. However every parent likes to think his kid is popular so you might be able to sell them spots on your site where they could post a picture of the little weasal that all the others kids actually hate.

PlaytimeKids.us - Gets even worse search numbers that above, though Playtime.Kids.us will looks like a sensible name to leech off of.

CrazyKids.us - I like this one! Excellent site for parents seeking help for mentally disturbed offspring!

FastKids.us - Not so good. Any adult worth his salt could trounce any kid in a foot race, so the premise doesn't appear to hold water.

HipHopKids.us - God Forbid! Please do not encourage them - it's bad enough already!

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks illegal Dome. Since a domain name can't end with a dash and the extension is .Kids.us how can you have Kids.us- in front of it?

Bob has regged "US-Kids.US" so he's probably planning on sub-domaining it as: "Kids.US-Kids.US"...It'd be interesting to see if the registry would object to this and on what grounds (from a legal standpoint)!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DryHeat

Bob has regged "US-Kids.US" so he's probably planning on sub-domaining it as: "Kids.US-Kids.US"...It'd be interesting to see if the registry would object to this an on what grounds (legally)!

How could they object? If they are like me, they will be so confused by all of these dashes and dots they won't know what the hell is going on! :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DryHeat

Bob has regged "US-Kids.US" so he's probably planning on sub-domaining it as: "Kids.US-Kids.US"...It'd be interesting to see if the registry would object to this and on what grounds (from a legal standpoint)!

As best I can tell, there are two mechanisms restricting what names can be registered in .US... (1) trademarks (of which Kids.us is not one as of this time) and (2) registry restricted domains, of which there are many, but "us-kids " is not one. Thus, as best I can tell, registering "us-kids.us" is not prohibited. I think it is an interesting experiment. If the government decides that it should be prohibited, I will be glad to donate it to the government. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase
If the government decides that it should be prohibited, I will be glad to donate it to the government. :)

If they decide it is prohibited I don't think they will give you a choice! :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

If they decide it is prohibited I don't think they will give you a choice! :)

Perhaps. If it comes to that, I would be interested to hear the reasons given and how those reasons do or do not relate to registering names of the form ______Kids.us.

I play by the rules. I am even willing to play by new rules if someone in charge changes them after the fact. I think that is pretty reasonable. :)

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They should set those rules at the begining. If you have registered something, which at a time wasnt prohibited, then they should not take it away from you just like that! Its their problem that they didnt think it through at a begining. You should npt be the one paying price for their incapability. If nothing else, they should at least pay you the reg fee, and even this would be a rip off!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are more than reasonable Dome. It will be interesting to see how they handle that situation. Thell them you will turn it over for your choice of the first 10 names registered!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
You are more than reasonable Dome. It will be interesting to see how they handle that situation. Thell them you will turn it over for your choice of the first 10 names registered!

:)

K

kingdon

Thanks for the feedback Duke, Can anyone put a date on the possible boom of these names?

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom