Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sports enthusiast... domains ideas.

Andre107

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi there! Hope the best for all of you!
I am going to be very serious on domain names business. One of the most common advice I got was to invest in niche domains according with my interests. One because you need a starting point and two because if you want to develop a web site, well known topics are easy to write.

I am very into sports like running, cycling, swimming... triathlon, marathons etc... I am looking around to understand the market potential for domains combinations like :

city+marathon/swimrace/triathlon/.com
country+ marathons/swimraces/triathlons/.com
that's an idea.

My thoughts :
-those are long names, so not valuable
-are .com and that's good
-niches of maybe not interested clients

What do you think? any advice is very appreciated!!!!
eager to learn!

Best for all.
Andre

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i'd say most of those are seasonal terms, so any peak of interest would be certain times of the year.

also, since many well-known events are corp sponsored and branded, then that leaves little room, for who?

but...if you can get region + event name in com or even .org, that holds them on yearly basis,
then it might get some type-ins when live action is occurring.

ie: something like "chicagomarathon"

imo...

Andre107

Level 1
Reaction score
"...also, since many well-known events are corp sponsored and branded, then that leaves little room, for who?.."

can you please expand?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can you please expand?
Hi

who = you

meaning, majority of the top-tier domains in those sectors will already be taken.

so, unless your budget is big or you get lucky in drops or find a low priced deal,
then what's left that's worth going after that you could resell to someone else for a premium price?

imo...

RobertMills

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hi Andre! It's great to hear that you're serious about getting into the domain names business. Investing in niche domains that align with your interests is a smart strategy as it allows you to leverage your knowledge and passion for the topic. Overall, it's important to do your research and assess the potential value of your domain ideas before investing in them. Good luck with your domain name business!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators