• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed states.com -- potential local.com or 50states.com killer?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKGeorgeK is verified member.

Leap.com
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 17, 2002
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
80
I picked up states.com a while ago. I'm curious what others feel it might be worth to someone wanting to compete with a local.com or a 50states.com, for geographically-targeted information. Conceivably it can be used to funnel lots of geographic traffic (e.g. Marchex zip codes) into one mega-site.

I'd appreciate your insights and ideas.
 
Yeah a hot name, i think the potential is in a site like that, but also maybe in a tourist site for overseas visitors since everybody refers to America as "the states"
 
I agree, you should try to buy thestates.com and the-states.com (since international users use the hypen a lot), that would make a great set
 
I like it as well. I would say it's worth low xx, xxx.
 
it's one of those things where the domain is great, but it'll need a lot of marketing dollars to get up there since the term is generic and does not directly imply what the web site might be about.
 
PPC value alone is xxx,xxx+
 
Very nice name....Do something great with this name please..:)...good luck.

CH
 
Why I would say something 5 gfigure for sure.

Really good potential :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom