Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Strange email from adam dicker !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email sent from sales@dnforum many times .... Is this real email or spam
Hi Gee,
A few months ago I met a guy named Trent Dyrsmid and he introduced me to the concept of creating niche authority websites that could earn income on auto-pilot.

Obviously, the idea of earning online passive income intrigued me, so I thoroughly check him out and then watched every webinar and training video that he's created.

I also looked at how much money he was earning and in less than a year, he's been able to go from zero to about $6,000 a month!

Suffice to say, I was impressed and that is why I'm telling you about it.

https://vc993.infusionsoft.com/go/nsmpk/dcg

Normally, Trent's training sells for $47/month and up.

However, I'm very happy to say that I've convinced Trent to offer a HUGE discount on his training to DNForum.com members.
I
If you sign up before May 7th, you can get access for just $17. No monthly charges, ever. Just $17!

Obviously, if you are seriously interested in learning how to build credible websites that will earn passive income for years to come, this is a very good deal.

Keep in mind that he's only offering it at this price until May 7th, so you need to act now if you want to take advantage of this very special offer.

Cheers,

Adam Dicker

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UNSUBSCRIBE. To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line: UNSUBSCRIBE with your username.

Upvote 0

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's unauthorized spam.

A few clues:

1) Adam didn't just learn how to make money from websites "a few months ago", and for him to send a statement like that to his Exclusive members would be utterly stupid and insulting to them... and I didn't think Adam is stupid.

2) The originator sent TWO copies of this spam, about 6 hours apart. Again, I think Adam is smart enough to send email without duplicating it.

3) DNF/Adam took quite a beating the last time he spammed members a few years ago. It was for a new domain auction platform that was boycotted by myself and many others, and eventually completely failed. It would be dumb to repeat a failure.

The email [FONT=arial, sans-serif]header clearly shows [email protected] as the sender. I really doubt if the DNF database is compromised. Who would go through all that trouble for a $17 sale?[/FONT]
I think he would have let us know by now if this was a "database break in" and not to pay attention to it.
The email is from Adam. I think he might have seen some value in this (to whom, himself or us I don't know ) He does ask that we use his links when buying products he recommends,
as well as using the software that changes words we type in posts like Godaddy into an affiliate link with his code.

He's in this business to make money.
It's his forum, he can do what he wants.

Domain Summit 2024

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He can do what he wants... Kind of. The members of a user created content website such as DNF should be fully respected, as without them the place is worth nothing. I've tried to highlight this in an exclusive thread, but Adam seems to have missed / ignored it.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the email and took it as legit, paid the $17 but no link to the course and no way of accessing it...somethings wrong here methinks...

Well, call me stupid, too, but I thought the deal looked interesting and reasonably priced, as I've been trying to read up on the kind of stuff it was talking about. I tried to pay, though, but the system wouldn't let me because I couldn't fill in State (being in Ireland) and it wouldn't allow me to enter 'N/A' or just leave the box blank. So maybe I've been lucky. I prefer to pay PayPal for this kind of thing anyway.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Love all the whining...it's a freaking email...give it a quick once over and if your not interested delete it.

One thing I will never understand is people that don't appreciate valuable, free content...how are the two connected you ask? This site is full of valuable, free content...it's there for the taking, no questions asked. If the owner of this site wanted to send me an email every day soliciting business I would not mind at all...let alone one every month or so...seriously, some of you have way too much underutilized time on your hands.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So DNF Exclusive accounts are FREE now? When did that happen?

And if you really enjoy spam as much as you say, I can hook you up with places that will send you thousands of messages a day.

Love all the whining...it's a freaking email...give it a quick once over and if your not interested delete it.

One thing I will never understand is people that don't appreciate valuable, free content...how are the two connected you ask? This site is full of valuable, free content...it's there for the taking, no questions asked. If the owner of this site wanted to send me an email every day soliciting business I would not mind at all...let alone one every month or so...seriously, some of you have way too much underutilized time on your hands.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any word from Adam (DCG)?

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

So you got a free account? Good for you...I had to pay for mine! Even if it was free, that doesn't give someone the right to bombard you with their spam. It's a question of manners and common decency, if nothing else. You have to pay to contribute, and in return you get spammed. Not good. Take note, Admin.

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear any whining... I heard a discussion from members questioning the validity of the message and the sender's motive.
And, I don't know how discussing that means that people have too much "underutilized" time on their hands.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great more whining, congrats on outing yourselves as the whiners in chief :)

FWIW my acct wasn't free, but a lot of great content on this forum is as long as your not a lazy entitled whiner expecting to be put on.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really don't mind a sales email from admin as long as it's not on a regular basis, dime in a dozen kind of product (although this looks like one). Sales email from DNF are rare anyway.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really don't mind a sales email from admin as long as it's not on a regular basis, dime in a dozen kind of product (although this looks like one). Sales email from DNF are rare anyway.

Ditto. Any forum website will have operating costs that need to be offset by advertising and fees. If those costs are MORE than offset, well that's just the profit motive that explains why most of us domainers are lurking in the forum ourselves. And we'd all tweak our own websites to get more revenue, wouldn't we? Since advertising has to be in some form, I personally would prefer it to be in an email that I can quickly bypass rather than in a permanent ad spot on the website that I would have to glare at in perpetuity.

That's my personal reaction, which isn't meant to dismiss the views of others. Annoyed customers are annoyed customers, one way or another.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So DNF Exclusive accounts are FREE now? When did that happen?

And if you really enjoy spam as much as you say, I can hook you up with places that will send you thousands of messages a day.

So you got a free account? Good for you...I had to pay for mine! Even if it was free, that doesn't give someone the right to bombard you with their spam. It's a question of manners and common decency, if nothing else. You have to pay to contribute, and in return you get spammed. Not good. Take note, Admin.

I dont have an exclusive account, but I agree. Spam is Spam.

The Admin Emails checkbox in settings should be for forum related communications about the forum.
Any other solicitations should be a seperate checkbox, and opt-in only.

And sorry, dont label this as a 'whine' unless you are just trying to put labels on opinions.
But that wont make it true to me. Just to the whiner whiners.

:lalala:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Above is my original post, I stick by it. Never said spam is good ot that anyone wants it...simply said receiving an ocassional email from a site that offers so much free content on it's pages should not be a big deal...if it is, your acting like a whiner. Nuff said, back to your whining :)

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
God it's just an email prompted opinion. Not a Republican Primary Debate already.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When you pay for a service you have every right to comment about the service you receive.

It's almost laughable to see somebody trying to associate that with "Whining" Should the motto here be; "Give us your money and Give us your silence"?

Poker must be visiting China

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you pay for a service you have every right to comment about the service you receive.

It's almost laughable to see somebody trying to associate that with "Whining" Should the motto here be; "Give us your money and Give us your silence"?

Ahaha, thats a classic. It is a bit annoying to get these "sales" email, just disabled messages from Administrator check box. Just do the same if you want to opt out. Done.

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Poker just likes to stir the pot. Call someone a whiner, get some attention.
He does like to spread the sunshine around... :p

newvista

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear from Adam whether this is something which he authorised and endorsed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom