Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Strange email from adam dicker !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email sent from sales@dnforum many times .... Is this real email or spam
Hi Gee,
A few months ago I met a guy named Trent Dyrsmid and he introduced me to the concept of creating niche authority websites that could earn income on auto-pilot.

Obviously, the idea of earning online passive income intrigued me, so I thoroughly check him out and then watched every webinar and training video that he's created.

I also looked at how much money he was earning and in less than a year, he's been able to go from zero to about $6,000 a month!

Suffice to say, I was impressed and that is why I'm telling you about it.

https://vc993.infusionsoft.com/go/nsmpk/dcg

Normally, Trent's training sells for $47/month and up.

However, I'm very happy to say that I've convinced Trent to offer a HUGE discount on his training to DNForum.com members.
I
If you sign up before May 7th, you can get access for just $17. No monthly charges, ever. Just $17!

Obviously, if you are seriously interested in learning how to build credible websites that will earn passive income for years to come, this is a very good deal.

Keep in mind that he's only offering it at this price until May 7th, so you need to act now if you want to take advantage of this very special offer.

Cheers,

Adam Dicker

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UNSUBSCRIBE. To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line: UNSUBSCRIBE with your username.

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received the email and took it as legit, paid the $17 but no link to the course and no way of accessing it...somethings wrong here methinks...

I also followed the link, ready to purchase but no PayPal option and the order page according to my browser was not 100% secure. Sent an email to their support for further instuctions if Paypal is an option. Has no one heard from Adam if this is legit or someone using his name.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't pay much attention because it obviously was just another ebook or so.
Another attempt at forum monetization.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's fair to monetize ... it's good to see DNF exploring various models of generating revenue.
there is always an option to unsubscribe from marketing mails, disable receiving these marketing mails in settings if i am not wrong

more money to DNF means more options for end users: enhancements and exposure!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you got a free account? Good for you...I had to pay for mine! Even if it was free, that doesn't give someone the right to bombard you with their spam. It's a question of manners and common decency, if nothing else. You have to pay to contribute, and in return you get spammed. Not good. Take note, Admin.

you guys make me laugh...

Have you removed your name from the mailout list?

I have recieved a couple emails from dnf but hardly been bombarded lol ...

I deleted the emails I'm not interested in...and it took me less time then posting this message.

come on folks lets be honest how many emails have you recieved or been flooded with?

If that number is too large for your taste just remove your name from mailouts..

geesh

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you guys make me laugh...

I have recieved a couple emails from dnf but hardly been bombarded lol ...

I deleted the emails I'm not interested in...and it took me less time then posting this message.

come on folks lets be honest how many emails have you recieved or been flooded with?

If that number is too large for your taste just remove your name from mailouts..

geesh
Agree entirely. Jesus, how hard can it be?

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree entirely. Jesus, how hard can it be?

My point exactly.

Look, it's like this, I like dnforum, I like adam,..I dont like spam.

Ok, no biggie so far, lets just delete it. with me so far?

But the op brought up the question. This implies to me and obviosly others that at least a few people here dont like spam, no matter the source.

Now instead of just asking about the issue, some have resorted to belittlement and sarcastic behavior toward their FELLOW forum members and professionals. This in of itself is poor behavior not very becoming of us as adults and/or leaders. We should be above that.

Adam has chosen not to respond and that is his prerogative. It is his site and we can safely assume all adverts here, including emails to member addresses are in fact authorized and supported by Adam.

The important thing to remember here, and this is very important for any webmaster to understand including Adam, is this...

The email is spam. I dont believe anyone here has willingly and explicitly opted-in.
There should be opt-out mechanisms built in to each email to opt-out.

This is not rocket science and benefits the website if this kind of feedback is openly offered in a non malicious way.

This is why I post in this thread.

Now, lets take a look at how to prevent your emails from being considered spam, or prevent negetive responces like this thread from occuring.

• Do I have prior explicit and verifiable permission, opt-in, from the recipient?
  • Does the message have:
    • A clear and accurate sender identity?
    • An accurate subject line?
    • Clear and easy opt-out instructions?
    • A physical postal address and company details?
    • A valid return address?

• Have I tested that the subscription and unsubscription works?
  • Have I checked the test messages carefully before posting? Did my colleague do this, too?
  • Can I process the replies and any subscriber requests promptly?

While it would be a good idea to present clear opt-in statements, this may be hard to do for members here for 10 years or more when the issue didnt exist. But clear opt-out info is mandentory in the email body.

Opt-in email: advantages
Preserves your email marketing reputation
Shows customers that you respect their privacy
Helps you email people who are interest in what you're selling
Saves you time and money by micro-focusing your list
Lets you be more targeted in your campaigns
Helps you build long-term, trust-based relationships with customers
Can boost your sales and product interest

The perils of bulk, uninvited email
Sending bulk email spam puts your email marketing reputation at risk -period. When you send mass emails to people who never asked for them, they're going to hit the spam button. This will get you in trouble with Internet service providers, and at worst, get your email and IP address blacklisted.

The disadvantages of sending bulk email spam:
Your recipients will be unresponsive
You'll waste time sending to an unresponsive audience
You'll waste money sending emails to people who don't want them
You'll ruin your email marketing reputation
You'll ruin the reputation of your company or business
You'll see your open and click-through rates drop

Now, once again, I am not whining, as I see this thread a great resource for customer/member reaction to the unsolicited emails. And it should be taken as such by Adam and co. There is no need for anyone to post aything but their opinions, but when it degrades into the likes of what has been shown in this thread, then why the hell would Adam or anyone give any cred to this being feedback originated by the op, and followed up by the following feedback.

Take from it what you will. But be constructive?! Seriously?!

:ranger: :rip:

(some content above taken from inet resources to be used as an example only, and available as common knowledge from a variety of resources in more detail)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
geesh

Welcome to the internet- this must be your first day here.

Rule #1 is NEVER respond a a spammer unless you really want to give your personal information and bank account information over to people who have already proven they are up to no good.

Rule #2 is NEVER click the "opt out" link on spam, because that only validates to the spammers that your email is still active, so they can continue using it and sell your email address on the 'active' list for more money.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

If I wasn't sitting amongst fellow pros I would swear there were some pretty gullible people around here.

Yep, lots of newbies here.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Plenty of people on here seem to have an opinion about Spam. Do I dare to interject one of my own domains for sale? Yes, I do: vsSPAM {.}com.

The opt-out mechanism might be a ruse to collect active email addresses in some cases, but with many reputable mailing list providers it does work as intended--removing the email automatically. Yes, there is always the potential to collect those removed emails and assemble another list; but it would be a list of the people who are the LEAST receptive to spam, and that's exactly opposite the kind of list spammers would like to have--which would be a list of active email addresses that do NOT get annoyed and opt out.

Reaction score
Spoken like a true domainer. Sir, I salute you.

lol

Some of us would just like confirmation that Adam is aware that these emails are going out. I must admit I was a little surprised at someone of Adam's calibre and status seemingly backing this email. I only received two and it's no biggie to delete them - just find it hard to believe that Adam needs his cut of this $17 for something that is quite clearly trash.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread as I have been busy with other projects, to be clear, Yes I authorized that email and over 115 people sign up.

Do I need $17, no, is it a good educational tutororial by Trent, No, it's an amazing Tutorial on how to build Authority Websites, which by the way I have no been buiklding for months and getting on page 1 of Google.

Google Panda and Penguin and I am sure more updates are making Authority Sites mandatory, do I really believe in this training, yes, I just went out and bought authoritywebsite.com and will be posting a business there that sellls authority websites.

Adam

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... and yes if you opt out in your control panel you don't get any emails from us, but then you woudn't know that there is one coming with .com net and org domains for $2.50.

Your loss.

Adam

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google Panda and Penguin and I am sure more updates are making Authority Sites mandatory, do I really believe in this training, yes, I just went out and bought authoritywebsite.com and will be posting a business there that sellls authority websites.

Authority websites are becoming more valuable by the day. You'd probably be better off keeping the sites :)

holypeter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email sent from sales@dnforum many times .... Is this real email or spam
Hi Gee,
A few months ago I met a guy named Trent Dyrsmid and he introduced me to the concept of creating niche authority websites that could earn income on auto-pilot.

Obviously, the idea of earning online passive income intrigued me, so I thoroughly check him out and then watched every webinar and training video that he's created.

I also looked at how much money he was earning and in less than a year, he's been able to go from zero to about $6,000 a month!

Suffice to say, I was impressed and that is why I'm telling you about it.

Normally, Trent's training sells for $47/month and up.

However, I'm very happy to say that I've convinced Trent to offer a HUGE discount on his training to DNForum.com members.
I
If you sign up before May 7th, you can get access for just $17. No monthly charges, ever. Just $17!

Obviously, if you are seriously interested in learning how to build credible websites that will earn passive income for years to come, this is a very good deal.

Keep in mind that he's only offering it at this price until May 7th, so you need to act now if you want to take advantage of this very special offer.

Cheers,

Adam Dicker

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UNSUBSCRIBE. To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line: UNSUBSCRIBE with your username.

i m yet to beleive its real.i ve fallen victim anyway.i m a newbie and i m still learning.i got the mail as well,
since it was $17 i decided to give it a trial.after placing my order i got immediateb response that my transaction was declined due to irregular payment address
few minutes later i receved another email the copy is below

Hi Peter

I see that you had a problem with your credit card while trying to purchase a membership at NicheSiteMastery.com the other day. If you like, you can send the payment of $17 via Paypal to [email protected]. If you are wishing to purchase the additional offer at http://nichesitemastery.com/dcg2/, please include an additional $37.

Upon receipt of funds, I will manually create your account for you.

Cheers,
Trent

Warning! By clicking the link below you will be permanently unsubscribed from all lists. Proceed with caution.
Opt out of email marketing

OnlineIncomeLab.com | NicheSiteMastery.com 4425 Bayard St Suite 240 San Diego, California 92109 United States (760) 576-5780

but this morning i receved a transaction alert! my visa card has been charged $17 followed by another email as shown below

Thank you for your order!
Order Information
Merchant:Dyrand Systems USA, Inc
Description:Auto-charge for Invoice #308
Invoice Number:308
Customer ID:11980

Billing Information
Peter Umejei
Blk 128.flat 3 Alaka estate
Surulere, lagos 234
Nigeria
[email protected]
Shipping Information

Total:
US $17.00

Visa
Date/Time:08-May-2012 12:49:58 AM PT
Transaction ID:4363205295

i need clarifications,anyone with useful info pls?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i m yet to beleive its real.i ve fallen victim anyway.i m a newbie and i m still learning.i got the mail as well,
since it was $17 i decided to give it a trial.after placing my order i got immediateb response that my transaction was declined due to irregular payment address

Hi Peter

I see that you had a problem with your credit card while trying to purchase a membership at NicheSiteMastery.com the other day. If you like, you can send the payment of $17 via Paypal to [email protected]. If you are wishing to purchase the additional offer at http://nichesitemastery.com/dcg2/, please include an additional $37.

Upon receipt of funds, I will manually create your account for you.

Cheers,
Trent

Warning! By clicking the link below you will be permanently unsubscribed from all lists. Proceed with caution.
Opt out of email marketing

OnlineIncomeLab.com | NicheSiteMastery.com 4425 Bayard St Suite 240 San Diego, California 92109 United States (760) 576-5780

but this morning i receved a transaction alert! my visa card has been charged $17 followed by another email as shown below

Thank you for your order!
Order Information
Merchant:Dyrand Systems USA, Inc
Description:Auto-charge for Invoice #308
Invoice Number:308
Customer ID:11980

Billing Information
Peter Umejei
Blk 128.flat 3 Alaka estate
Surulere, lagos 234
Nigeria
[email protected]
Shipping Information

Total:
US $17.00

Visa
Date/Time:08-May-2012 12:49:58 AM PT
Transaction ID:4363205295

Not sure but it looks like the "Trent" dude is attempting to skim off of Adam's commission by diverting the $17 to pay pal and including the Upsell in the same process. I know this was a common trick American Express used to do to rip me off in the early days of credit card affiliates.

Now if you do not hit his Paypal with a transaction...he goes ahead and processes the credit card...if this is what is happening...pretty slimy stuff that I would not want to be a part of.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Peter, all is ok, Trent had the sceurity settings way to high so quite a few got declined.

He fixed that and then most were approved.
Trent is a good guy, we have been working together now for about a year.

Adam

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... and yes if you opt out in your control panel you don't get any emails from us, but then you woudn't know that there is one coming with .com net and org domains for $2.50.Your loss.Adam

Hi Adam.

I'm a new customer. Made two purchases from you so far.

I will decide if blocking spam is my loss or not. I think it's a bit rich to spam customers then claim it's their "loss" to decline it. I would expect a great deal more humility from a supplier and a good deal less arrogance. I liked the look of this place and yourself but this episode is raising a big question mark.

Like others, I assumed the emails from Admin were for important matters regarding the forum, not spam. If you change the wording to "Receive emails (including sales emails) from Admin" you won't have a problem.

Better still, make a separate email list for the sales emails. As it stands I have turned off the emails so won't get important ones regarding the forum.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom