• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed studentbooks.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgstudent

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
295
Reaction score
2
any ideas on the value of this domain.

StudentBooks.com

Thanks.
 
I like it a lot low to mid xxxx.
 
Very popular category, especially with big development potential.

Will give it low $100 undeveloped however.
 
I would say you are both unrealistic. :)

$1.000 sounds about right to me.
 
I really like this, would love to develop it, but can't part with $xxxx at the mo.
 
nice name. $mid-high xxx undeveloped
Pred
 
thanks for the appraisals all. Please keep them coming, anyone else!

11jsd let me know your ideas I might be interested in some kind of partnership. But to be honest I need the cash too at the moment :) but you never know. you can pm me or email me.

otherwise, start saving... just joking :0 lol
 
It's a solid name. Yes, it's not schoolbooks.com, but in a world where there can be only one of that and only one textbooks.com or discount*, cheap*, etc., this is a very solid alternative. Excellent potential as a site for purchasing text books at a discount, which should be very popular even just in the US market alone. Low to high $x,xxx minimum end user imo, even reaching $xx,xxx not inconceivable.

Now, out of curiosity, why do you suppose a solid name geared towards 'students' like this one isn't getting as much appraisal action: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=185027.
 
I am agreeing with Pred here..somehere in the $xxx range..as usual I think those that say its worth $xx.xxx are the last ones that would actually pay that much or have ever bought a domain for that price..
 
Low $x,xxx definately.
 
pretty good.. i hate putting a number to words but at least $1000.. with a name like this if you cant get em to give you at least 1k, they arnt very interested anyway..
 
$500 - get an Amazon affiliation and pick some mainstream degree category (perhaps 'sociology') and talk about subjects that link to relevant books. It's a nice domain name. There's money in books!
 
edited: whatever. nice name. not worth any battle over. I'm just surprised by how many great names have come on the forums recently from new members. :)
 
How do all these new forum members have great names

Lol, why everyone thinks that only dnf members have good domain names? :D
 
I offered him $500 by PM conditional on proof of legitimate acquisition of the name but he didn't provide any and said no thanks.
I understand turning down the low offer but it's easy to say how you acquired it.. it's a solid name from another new member. So many have been appearing like this lately..
How do all these new forum members have great names

scrsteven, you shouldn't bring PMs into an appraisal thread (even I know that as a newbie)

Anyways, I said "no thanks" to your offer. What more do I have to say?
 
scrsteven, you shouldn't bring PMs into an appraisal thread (even I know that as a newbie)

Anyways, I said "no thanks" to your offer. What more do I have to say?

I edited out for you since you complained about it, and now you put it back in?:-#
 
I like the name too. I thinks its great. $500-$1500. maybe more.
 
Thanks all for your appraisals.

I had thought about something like Azooza suggested - with an Amazon affiliation.

I have a bunch of student sites and so this one will fit with the portfolio (unless someone makes me an offer I cannot refuse :bounce: !)
 
Easily a $x,xxx domain. An amazon affiliate is the easy route but the hard route is a book exchange system for used and new college books.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom