• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed SummerOlympics.co.uk

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyman

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
thread closed
 
Last edited:
$0 plus a free lawsuit, courtesy of the International Olympic Committee.
 
Oh dear. $0 minus all your legal liabilities. I'd release it back to the registry personally.
 
Yep. I was a member of "OM" when it was "Olympics of the Mind" and the Olympic comission sued them so they had to change their name to "Oddesy of the Mind".

$0 - legal fees - WIPO

I'd surrender it.
 
I've asked for appraisal, not a fairy tale . Hundreds of sites with "olympics" name are online. Maybe you hope that after your story I'll give it to you for $1 ? - ha-ha-ha :)
 
I've asked for appraisal, not a fairy tale . Hundreds of sites with "olympics" name are online. Maybe you hope that after your story I'll give it to you for $1 ? - ha-ha-ha :)
You've got a bloody nerve replying like that. Okay, it's worth a million dollars - does that make it better?
 
I've asked for appraisal, not a fairy tale . Hundreds of sites with "olympics" name are online. Maybe you hope that after your story I'll give it to you for $1 ? - ha-ha-ha :)

I've seen less descriptive names getting surrendered to the IOC. Nowadays, the Geneva-based organization, with longer arms than the Red Cross, is suing directly; no need even for a UDRP. Of course, you can always test your "luckyman" moniker.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom