• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Sure Links A Lot

  • Thread starter Thread starter CheetahDev
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CheetahDev

Guest
I used this domain name, www.surelinksalot.com for a directory service. However I no longer have the time to keep the directory current so have it up for sale at godaddy.

I used this logo which will go with the domain name when sold.

slal_115x115.gif


Does this domain name have any value?
 
Name 0.
Developed site depends on traffic, etc.
 
surestinksalot $0
 
Sure Links a lot, play on words of Sir Lancelot????

..these types of puzzle names are only fun...they hold no value.
 
its probably a pun on Sir Mix-a-lot rather than Sir Lancelot. But obviously sir mixalot was based on sir lancelot so it dont matter much.
 
Originally posted by draqon
its probably a pun on Sir Mix-a-lot rather than Sir Lancelot. But obviously sir mixalot was based on sir lancelot so it dont matter much.

His logo is a Knight of the Round Table... with a lance...

either way... i agree with majority... SureStinksAlot!
 
Originally posted by doberry
Sure Links a lot, play on words of Sir Lancelot????

..these types of puzzle names are only fun...they hold no value.

No. The name relates to having a URL linking a lot. The name was used for an internet directory. Thus, your URL will sure link to a lot of sites. The logo came nearly 6 months later, and yes the logo does portray a play on words.

BTW: I don't appreciate your rude and somewhat foul remarks about a domain name that I am trying to sell!!

IMO: You shouldn't be allowed to reply to threads if you can't keep your personal thoughs to yourself!!
 
Originally posted by CheetahDev


BTW: I don't appreciate your rude and somewhat foul remarks about a domain name that I am trying to sell!!

IMO: You shouldn't be allowed to reply to threads if you can't keep your personal thoughs to yourself!!


I think Ed30 was just being witty, with a play on words, saying SureStinksAlot....
 
Quote from archive.org search query:

"We're sorry, access to http://www.surelinksalot.com has been blocked by the site owner via robots.txt"

Do you think it would be nice if archive.org just stayed quiet about robots exclusions? Other search engines don't return this sort of information.
 
It was a play on words. Don't take comments on names personally - in fact don't get attached to names. This one is bad forget about it and move on.
You ask for thoughts and remarks from us on names - what's the point on answering you if you won't accept them?
 
I don't like it.

But I do like sirlinksalot.com.
I would also like dukeofurl.com. :)

Sir Lancelot --> sirlinksalot.com
Duke of Earl --> dukeofurl.com

Are there any others?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom