Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Susan K. Boyle to cash in on Susan Boyle's success

Status
Not open for further replies.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tia on this one.

Susan Boyle doesn't have to stay an artist or only an artist. She could revamp or add to the site, make it more, or something else altogether. The point being she is now getting the eyeballs to build a brand for a long sustaining website.

Take the cash now (if it sells) or set up something that will make her more over the long term. Why is not selling ad space or have some other form of revenue on the site. Art.com, Affiliate programs that sells frames, art supplies, prints of her work, etc...do more with less.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard playboy is going to offer her 250k for a naked layout..

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's been over 900 visitors to Sedo's offer page and 0 offers. It would've sold by now if someone wanted it at 25k.

the news of the domain at sedo has been in the news a lot in the uk, i bet most of the traffic has been from some people just interested in finding out more about the name... not serious buyers.

And focus, you've just put an awful image in my head! thanks for that!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do would be to buy it and have it not resolve.

-=DCG=-

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do would be to buy it and have it not resolve.

-=DCG=-
Indeed, but it has been resolving for seven years on a bona fide basis. But as you suggest, in the current situation, a 'change of hands' should result in null DNS and a (long) wait for the call. Interim, no doubt Sedo will find a solution.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed, but it has been resolving for seven years on a bona fide basis. But as you suggest, in the current situation, a 'change of hands' should result in null DNS and a (long) wait for the call. Interim, no doubt Sedo will find a solution.

It takes time to build the proper site. ;)

-=DCG=-

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you suggest, it does take time. Lots of issues in this debate. The reality of it is that it's not currently a TM, and I have a feeling it's going to be 'dead meat' on Saturday UK time anyway.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you suggest, it does take time. Lots of issues in this debate. The reality of it is that it's not currently a TM, and I have a feeling it's going to be 'dead meat' on Saturday UK time anyway.
We'll see in 2.5 hour's time ;) I think if there are any bids that will happen, they'll happen in around 150-180 minute's time. I.e. straight after the BGT results.

Edit 8:00pm: A very nervous Susan Boyle put in a very good performance. Can't help but feel pitty on her for all the crap that's been thrown at her this week. Don't mind whether she's wins or not, but I'm sure Susan K Boyle does :p

Diversity wins it :) Susan Boyle comes second. A fair result. Unlucky Susan K Boyle :p

Last edited:

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
only 2 offers for the name... she will still have a good career but more USA than uk

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big misconception... when a name like this changes hands the new registrant still needs to show good faith, a null dns or attempt to sale again would not look good. The sellers good faith is NOT transfered to you the buyer, unless of course the situation is such you bought a business but speaking specifically of this case it would NOT.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tristan, good work!! I like the way you've been keeping tab on this one :p
lol
Hehe thank you, I should go into commentary :smilewinkgrin:

Nah, I feel a bit sorry for Susan Boyle that's all - she's a pretty good singer, but the media have been like vermin around her this week.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Susan Boyle will do fine, In about 2 months nobody will remember if she won or lost BGT,.. she will get her chance to make a some records, she will do fine.

I'm sure most couldn't even name the person who won BGT...

Susan Boyle will make money doing what she loves... now that's success.

Congrats to her :yo:

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
she can stay in the USA... i think most people in the uk are fed up of her.

name still hasn't sold, and now probably won't unless Syco record company want to try for it.

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tristan, I'd big up cricket commentary!! lmao
btw how did you replace: Platinum Lifetime Member to your website name?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still hard to sell your own name in .com, but I guess she chose her price for what it's worth to her. Like winning the lottery to have a star come along with your name, and you own the .com

She can reg another domain to sell her art, susanboyleart.com or whatever.

But she might be a little late in selling, would have been better during the frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom