Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

T.r.a.f.f.i.c. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
Hey Ira - I saw your name on your name tag and meant to grab you and say hello but got distracted by someone else. Sorry we didn't get to talk. Only got to spend a few minutes with others I would have enjoyed spending an hour or two with. That happened a lot with 125 people to try to meet in a little over 48 hours!

Just walked in the door from the airport..hellish flight back..Spirit airlines are truly one of the worst I've been on.

Hi Duke..no problem at all..there was so much going on. So many people to meet, not to
mention that you had to cover it all. ( Good job btw :) ) Thanks for the thought tho...I'm sure I missed a number of folks including you too. They'll be next year...and there was also talk among some kind of a informal thing somewhere inbetween. ( Gotta make sure Domainsponsor crew is invited tho...they threw a helluva party...Ron S and everyone did an outstanding job...( what I remember of it anyhow :) )

well time to catch up on a boatload of email...have a good night folks.

sunshine said:
i got a great pic of ira and one of you too, ron.
whole bunches more... i gotta get them up !
:)
marcia

OOO boy...how much will it cost to buy that file from ya? :)

If that gets out...everyone will know I'm Bill Gates!

uhoh! Did I say that.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Promediary said:
Staged PG, but hardly volume #1 of "Domainers Gone Wild."

Let's not get carried away, folks. Michelle's a professional. It's all in good fun.

How 'bout a G-rated shot of Ben Stein with emerging hip-hop artist Keith Bizz? :cheeky:

HA! I don't want to appear in "Domainers Gone Wild." Thank the Lord that Duke and the camera crew were not there for Thursday night's action.

And a big thanks to Ron, Lawrence, Mike, Rodney and the rest of the Domain Sponsor crew for the wild night. :-D

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great Job on the coverage of the show Ron!!! I was suppose to be there but my 49 year old Brother got married for the first time in Colorado this last weekend and I just could not miss it. I will be there next year. Seems like the show came off great! Congrad. to Rick, Howard and all. Sure sounds likes it was a real winner!! Steve

sellinbiz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
$995 for the DVD set?

LOL.

Ouch! Is that seriously the price?

I hope Blockbuster has it in :)

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just want to point something out to those naysayers, Rick-haters, and anyone else who complained about the price.

This was NOT the Rick Schwartz show. Yes, he produced it, he has a strong presence in any room, and I was glad to finally meet him, but the REAL value came in getting to personally interact with 125 other domainers. Most of us operate as distant islands and it's extremely valuable to get to visit someone else's island and share how you each do things. Some of that happens online, but not to the same degree as it did at the show.

BTW: $995 for the DVD's is a steal. Many of us paid a lot more to be there (conf reg fee + hotel + travel expenses), so don't expect you can get to see the meat of the show at a steep discount. I have no idea who gets the money from the DVD, but frankly, I hope it all goes to Rick's girlfriend and Howard's wife and sister -- they did a ton of gruntwork while Rick and Howard schmoozed with the rest of us.

Promediary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
I just want to point something out to those naysayers, Rick-haters, and anyone else who complained about the price.

This was NOT the Rick Schwartz show. Yes, he produced it, he has a strong presence in any room, and I was glad to finally meet him, but the REAL value came in getting to personally interact with 125 other domainers. Most of us operate as distant islands and it's extremely valuable to get to visit someone else's island and share how you each do things. Some of that happens online, but not to the same degree as it did at the show.

Bang! Exactly!

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:

BTW: $995 for the DVD's is a steal. Many of us paid a lot more to be there (conf reg fee + hotel + travel expenses), so don't expect you can get to see the meat of the show at a steep discount. I have no idea who gets the money from the DVD, but frankly, I hope it all goes to Rick's girlfriend and Howard's wife -- they did a ton of gruntwork while Rick and Howard schmoozed with the rest of us.

I flew back to California sitting next to Howard's sister, Veda. She did a lot of the organization and gruntwork too.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
BTW: $995 for the DVD's is a steal. Many of us paid a lot more to be there (conf reg fee + hotel + travel expenses), so don't expect you can get to see the meat of the show at a steep discount. I have no idea who gets the money from the DVD, but frankly, I hope it all goes to Rick's girlfriend and Howard's wife -- they did a ton of gruntwork while Rick and Howard schmoozed with the rest of us.

$995 will be a great bargain as long as it contains everything from the show.....hopefully some Easter Eggs (extras) on the DVD could be Howard singing, this Michelle person that everyone is obsessing over, wild partying, scenes from the hotel, scenes from the booths, interviews with some of the people there, and many other surprises. That would all be great additions but would be also useful for those who did not have the chance to catch everything while there.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hiOsilver said:
I flew back to California sitting next to Howard's sister, Veda. She did a lot of the organization and gruntwork too.

Thanks Howard, I didn't mean to leave her out. I guess it will have to be a 3-way rev split. :approve:

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents about TRAFFIC.

It was awesome - thanks to all that put this show together. Unprecedented access to the CEO's of the various domain industry companies. You'd waste alot of time trying to talk to these guys on any other day - but at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. - we were all friends, ate, drank and laughed together, shared ideas and even got some business done too.

And it was cool to hang with the other domainers who, on any other day, would be our competitors, but at T.R.A.F.F.I.C, we exchanged stories, ideas, and even a few domains.

Met alot of great people - way too many to mention here. I'm sure we'll all talk in the mean time, but I'll definitely see you all next year in Miami Beach.

Rob Montgomery
(I was there with Telepathy, Inc)

BTW - they took pictures of everyone as we registered. Any chance those pics will be posted anywhere so that we can see those? It would be a great way to help remember the faces/names of all the people we met!

--Rob

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My show wrap up piece took on a life of its own and has become our new Cover Story - just posted at www.DNJournal.com

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ron,
Your writing and coverage of the conference is excellent. I don't know how you
found the time to write the detailed daily reports or the wrapup!

Thank you again for all the time, energy and obvious dedication you have
for the industry.
Marcia & Warren

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mogtnomr said:
Rob Montgomery
(I was there with Telepathy, Inc)

Hi Rob - I remember your name from the name tag (was thinking that Telepathy was a cool name)! Didn't get to talk to you (and many others unfortunately) - next time for sure!

sunshine said:
Ron,
Your writing and coverage of the conference is excellent. I don't know how you
found the time to write the detailed daily reports or the wrapup!

Thank you again for all the time, energy and obvious dedication you have
for the industry.
Marcia & Warren

Thanks Marcia & Warren - your offer to share photos was a huge help! :)

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
My show wrap up piece took on a life of its own and has become our new Cover Story - just posted at www.DNJournal.com

Duke,

Your coverage was awesome. The Cover Story is superb. Congratulations on really capturing the essence of the event.

Synozeer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent coverage, Duke. A great read, and very informative.

Adam

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
Hi Rob - I remember your name from the name tag (was thinking that Telepathy was a cool name)! Didn't get to talk to you (and many others unfortunately) - next time for sure!

I was hoping to get the chance to bump into you - but could never seem to find you, and now I know why! You were skipping out on all of the best networking opportunities at the meals and cocktail parties! Next time for sure.

I too brought the wife (& kids) all the way from Calgary, but in order to convince them this was going to be a fun trip, I had to throw disney into the plans. So we spent a week in Orlando before coming down to Delray Beach. Some people were complaining about the prices of TRAFFIC, but have they been to Disney lately?? Yikes!! All in all, every penny spent was worth it.

BTW - I can't claim Telepathy as my own, but I work with them closely by helping to manage their traffic portfolio in addition to my own.

Thanks for all of your excellent reporting, I'm glad you mentioned Dan Warner's statements in your wrapup report. He was the only one there (from the PPC companies) who admitted that the real control is with the domain owners, encouraging us to should shop our traffic around and that he hoped to earn a portion of our business. I will definitely give him a chance to earn some of mine, just because I like his attitude. Everyone who I talked to down at TRAFFIC heard me preaching that same concept over and over, so it was great to hear Dan say the same thing - I just didnt expect to hear a PPC company be that honest!!

Anyways - thanks again - and we'll definitely say hi the next time around.

--Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom