Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

T.r.a.f.f.i.c. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Promediary said:
....If you've got a beef, pick-up the phone and discuss it with the event promoters. You'll be amazed at how much more can be constructively accomplished in person-to-person conversation than public chat. Done.

LOL. Tough to pick up the phone and have personal contacts with someone who has already publicly stated you are NOT invited, period!.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Promediary said:
If you've got a beef, pick-up the phone and discuss it with the event promoters. You'll be amazed at how much more can be constructively accomplished in person-to-person conversation than public chat.

Done.

Why? Are they UNAWARE of the content on their own website promoting this event?

And why would I call someone who has declared me "not respectable" in this business simply because we don't know each other?

That was an incredibly STUPID suggestion...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the topic of another possible conference (or conferences) I have no doubt that will happen. Keep in mind that this show was all about the traffic side of the business. That is a great avenue to success but not the only avenue to success. Personally I am a small player in the traffic business and make considerably more through buying, selling and developing. Other conferences will be organized that will have a different focus. I spent some time speaking with the CEO of a major company that you all know and it is likely they will take the lead in doing a show with a broad based agenda. That would not be an event competing with Traffic, it would be one that complements it. The Traffic show is here to stay. It has proven its worth and the big companies and players supporting it will keep supporting it. As far as I am concerned the more options the merrier as long as they are well run and and provide a real value and benefit to those of us trying to progress in the business.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vancouver would be the perfect place for the 2005 or 2006 Conference... :)

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Promediary said:
...textual forum discussion is easily misinterpreted and often lends itself to unintended conflict.

...and I think (hopefully) you misinterpreted my post. I was not complaining or criticizing the event in any way. I took the chance on going, and was amply rewarded. It was a "good thing". When I say I hope others will make similar attempts, I was not trying to belittle the work done by the organizers of this event. Not everyone focuses on targeted type-in traffic, and as the analysis distributed by Deep Blue Sea shows, that type of traffic only accounts for 15% of the total.

I'm sorry you find my opinions "unnecessary and divisive crap".

Promediary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chatcher said:
...and I think (hopefully) you misinterpreted my post. I was not complaining or criticizing the event in any way. I took the chance on going, and was amply rewarded. It was a "good thing". When I say I hope others will make similar attempts, I was not trying to belittle the work done by the organizers of this event. Not everyone focuses on targeted type-in traffic, and as the analysis distributed by Deep Blue Sea shows, that type of traffic only accounts for 15% of the total.

Perfect example of how easily any forum post can be misinterpreted -- this time, by me. My bad, and apologies extended.

Now that I think of it, didn't we meet at breakfast on Saturday morning?

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
promediary wrote:

I didn't notice any "insiders" and "outsiders", Chuck. All I saw was common ground which, perhaps, is the great equalizer.
+++++++++++++++

Of course you didn't notice the outsiders, because, there weren't any!

Only the insiders were invited to the event. The outsiders were told right up front on the TRAFFIC website that they weren't welcome.

Not only that, but the Uber insiders got special pricing on admission.

Actually Hal...your wrong..there were quite a number of people not on Ricks board and there wasn't a one that was treated like a lesser person as you imply. There was a very wide range of domainers here and all had a great time. You are right there were no outsiders...we were all part of the function no matter if board members or not.

I spoke to many of the people here and we all hung out at the after parties and had loads of fun. I can't think of one person that went away disatisfied regardless of what they paid.

The seminars were good but the best part of the conference was that we all got to know each other and most walked away with new friends and business associates. As said earlier in this thread for the first conference of its kind it went off without a hitch...I am looking forward to next years...Rick and Howard and everyone made this an amazing event...

I find it interesting that people are still pissing and moaning about prices and attitudes without having a clue of what they missed. And you all missed alot...

trader said:
It's unfortunate Rick himself does not appear to realize that :rolleyes:

Are you trying to say that all the bashing about Rick and this event was misinterpreted?
Most of it seemed pretty clear...could be maybe the posters that were talking about what
a scam and a worthless event it would be didn't really mean it right?

Its not hard to understand how people talking trash and having an overall negative attitude might not be the most desirable attendees to have around. Plus its not like anyone was holding a gun to anyones head to attend or not..if you don't like the price of the terms...don't go...pretty simple.

I'm off to the airport....Traffic was a great event....it was an amazing group of people here and those too stuck on old issues and $$'s missed out on alot.

z

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
izoot said:
....are you trying to say that all the bashing about Rick and this event was misinterpreted? Most of it seemed pretty clear...could be maybe the posters that were talking about what a scam and a worthless event it would be didn't really mean it right?....those too stuck on old issues and $$'s missed out on alot.

No, you are misunderstanding. Has absolutely nothing to do with bashing the seminar which I am sure was a great event and well worth going to and I am glad it went so well.

You obviously have not been reading all the posts in this thread and the other couple traffic2004 threads re Rick banning so many old board members with little real cause (due to him greatly over-reacting or misunderstandings some long ago posts) as far back as the late 1990's, and now he said all old banned members NOT invited. The organizers are the ones truly 'stuck on old issues.' That attitude is totally contrary to what the attendees are saying was the spirit there.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hesitate to get into an area I know nothing about because I have never participated on Rick's board, but this might be of interest. I talked to a guy at the show who is currently one of the most active members on that board and a guy that Rick obviously relies on a lot (he referred questions to him frequently in one seminar). I was surprised when that member told me he had been kicked off the board himself and had also quit once after a disagreement with Rick. Despite that they resolved their differences on both occasions. I would love to see as many of these past issues as possible get resolved as well and this example gives me hope that could happen.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
I hesitate to get into an area I know nothing about because I have never participated on Rick's board, but this might be of interest. I talked to a guy at the show who is currently one of the most active members on that board and a guy that Rick obviously relies on a lot (he referred questions to him frequently in one seminar). I was surprised when that member told me he had been kicked off the board himself and had also quit once after a disagreement with Rick. Despite that they resolved their differences on both occasions. I would love to see as many of these past issues with others as possible get resolved as well and this example gives me hope that could happen.

Very well said and good to hear Duke.

I always have an Olive Branch on-hand.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
I always have an Olive Branch on-hand.

Things change. When I entered the business two and a half years ago I was very opinionated (something Rick, Hal and I all have in common) and got into more than a few flame wars (even a big one with Trader who is now a friend :) )

It didn't take long to learn that was counter-productive and I have tried to avoid that kind of thing and undo the damage it caused. I haven't been completely successful but I don't fall off the wagon nearly as often these days. I've never looked back on one in hindsight and said "hey, that was a really good idea to get into that fight!". :)

Darren06

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Vancouver would be the perfect place for the 2005 or 2006 Conference... :)

It would even be better in Las Vegas. That way it wont be cold and its a better central location. :clown:

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
No, you are misunderstanding. Has absolutely nothing to do with bashing the seminar which I am sure was a great event and well worth going to and I am glad it went so well.

You obviously have not been reading all the posts in this thread and the other couple traffic2004 threads re Rick banning so many old board members with little real cause (due to him greatly over-reacting or misunderstandings some long ago posts) as far back as the late 1990's, and now he said all old banned members NOT invited. The organizers are the ones truly 'stuck on old issues.' That attitude is totally contrary to what the attendees are saying was the spirit there.

Hi trader..that post wasn't directed at you. Your right ..over the past week I haven't followed all the posts. I was occupied or hung over :) Was more speaking to the price issues and how its not worth it or excluding people...anyhow...no point dragging it out.

All I can say if people choose to put personal issues in the way ( on either side ) its a big loss, this was a great event. And to have trivial issues get in the way is a silly reason not to have participated. ( once again..I have no idea of your situation...I am speakng generally ).

almost on the plane....got run...have a good one...
z

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Ira - I saw your name on your name tag and meant to grab you and say hello but got distracted by someone else. Sorry we didn't get to talk. Only got to spend a few minutes with others I would have enjoyed spending an hour or two with. That happened a lot with 125 people to try to meet in a little over 48 hours!

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It must have been great. Have not seen one negative post from anyone who attended. Serously consider next year.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Promediary said:
Perfect example of how easily any forum post can be misinterpreted -- this time, by me. My bad, and apologies extended.

Now that I think of it, didn't we meet at breakfast on Saturday morning?

No problem, I assumed it was just a misunderstanding. My writing isn't always clear, especially soon after air travel.

Yes, I'm sure we did.

actnow said:
I remember you two.

You didn't leave me a tip.

And, you left the table messy.

Next time maybe you'll be a little quicker with the refills.

trader said:
...I always have an Olive Branch on-hand.

I got hit with one of those once -- it really hurt (not the kind of thing I'm into).

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got a great pic of ira and one of you too, ron.
whole bunches more... i gotta get them up !
:)
marcia

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sunshine said:
i got a great pic of ira and one of you too, ron.
whole bunches more... i gotta get them up !
:)
marcia

Uh-oh that's a sure way to kill traffic to your site! :)

Thanks for your help with other pics Marcia. I am just now settling in to start going through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators