Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld T.r.a.f.f.i.c Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to this? I’m actually going to Vancouver for the first time next week but will miss this event by about 10 days

But I was just looking through the agenda to see what events are taking place and noticed that there will be Canada specific events…an event simply called “Oh Canada” (15:00 to 15:45 on Day 2) and a 2-hour .CA auction at the end of Day 2. CIRA is also sponsoring something called “The Drop Market” on Day 2 as well.

http://targetedtraffic.com/vancouver/schedule.php

These look pretty interesting as there will be some sort of spotlight on the .CA, at least for a little while. Anyone have any additional info?

Also, does anyone know anymore about the auction? Have any big names been submitted yet? Are you expecting any big sales?

Also, what impact do you think this increased exposure will have on the .CA market in the short-, medium- or long-term?

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haven't really looked at it but it's good to know they will be having an auction for .ca. I may send something along for that. But wouldn't you know it, it finally comes to our neck of the woods and I will be sunning my butt off in Arizona...

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CIRA is trying to drum up more registrars to get into the game with them, that is about it, but the auction will be interesting: will CIRA look the other way while bigger players buy .ca domains, getting around CIRA rules, at an event where CIRA is a major participant and is the very body in charge of enforcing the CIRA policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators