• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed TaipeiTaiwan.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
Please appraise:

TaipeiTaiwan.info

Pop: 2,625,757 (07/2006)

1.5 million google returns
26,500 Google returns
Google trends report.
Wikipedia entry.


Taipei%20from%20MRT.JPG


Taipei is the de facto capital city of the Republic of China on Taiwan. It is Republic of China's center of politics, commercial, mass media, education, and pop culture, and today also is widely considered to be one of the "Gamma world cities".

The City of Taipei, Taipei County surrounding it, and nearby Keelung City form Taipei metropolitan area but are administered under different local government bodies. Taipei City is a special municipality administered directly under the ROC central government, while Taipei County and Keelung City are administered as part of Taiwan Province. Therefore, although Taipei is used to refer the whole metropolitan area, Taipei City specifically means the city proper only.

According to the census data collected in July 2006, the total population in Taipei City (excluding Taipei County) is 2,625,757. The major industries in the city include electrical and electronic equipment, textiles, metals, ship-building, and motorcycles.
 
oh, I love this name!!!!!!

Go Taiwan !!!!

good name, worth in the X,XXX range

Good luck on its sale :)
 
I think Taipai.info or Taiwan.info would be worth $x,xxx each. However, I think this one is worth low to maybe mid-$xxx as is.
 
I think Taipai.info or Taiwan.info would be worth $x,xxx each. However, I think this one is worth low to maybe mid-$xxx as is.

I agree. X,XXX may be a bit too high for this domain, though I could sell it mid-high XXX. Thanks again for all the appraisals.
 
Tricky one this.
It's a nice domain. It's got the all important .info for a geo domain.
Don't get me wrong i'll always take the .com, but .info is next for me where geo domains are concerned.
I was surprised to see how many sponsored links there were for this term.
Resellers being resellers they won't pay a huge deal as we are so tight! ;)
Prob. no more than low-mid $xxx
We need to be cos of the volume we deal in.
I would say you would have to look at an enduser or knock out a site yourself. By knocking out a site it may well attract the enduser.
What helps you is the .com that was regged in '97 (always a good sign), is parked. Clears the way for you to soar up the rankings.
An enduser would certainly pay $xxxx mid - high
More if a good job is done on development. Adsense could pay well!
I am developing my geo domains at present.
For me generics & country/city domains , are the holy grail.:yes:
Have a peaceful Christmas dude,
cheers,
Pred
 
High XXX.. good luck
 
High XXX.. good luck

Thanks alot! WOW! Just received an offer of $350 for this domain name from another member! Thanks for all the appraisals! Not really looking to sell right now. Thanks guys!
 
Tricky one this.
It's a nice domain. It's got the all important .info for a geo domain.
Don't get me wrong i'll always take the .com, but .info is next for me where geo domains are concerned.
I was surprised to see how many sponsored links there were for this term.
Resellers being resellers they won't pay a huge deal as we are so tight! ;)
Prob. no more than low-mid $xxx
We need to be cos of the volume we deal in.
I would say you would have to look at an enduser or knock out a site yourself. By knocking out a site it may well attract the enduser.
What helps you is the .com that was regged in '97 (always a good sign), is parked. Clears the way for you to soar up the rankings.
An enduser would certainly pay $xxxx mid - high
More if a good job is done on development. Adsense could pay well!
I am developing my geo domains at present.
For me generics & country/city domains , are the holy grail.:yes:
Have a peaceful Christmas dude,
cheers,
Pred


Predator, i have to say this, your appraisals are great and very serious, people, that's an appraisal, read and learn ;)
 
Welcome to Taiwan! :)

I am the owner of Taipei.Info,
I have received a lot of $X,XXX offers for it but I don't want to sell......

I think TaipeiTaiwan.info may be worth $X,XXX.
 
Welcome to Taiwan! :)

I am the owner of Taipei.Info,
I have received a lot of $X,XXX offers for it but I don't want to sell......

I think TaipeiTaiwan.info may be worth $X,XXX.

Wow! What a name! Thanks alot for your appraisal!
 
This thread got me thinking (esp. w/ a $350 offer!) so I regged pretty much every major city available (US and the World) w/ the .info extension in this format. I was amazed at what I was able to get.

I agree w/ Rockefeller that this is the perfect use of the .info extension. And if people are offering 350+, then that is what they are worth.

Thanks to Rock for posting this, and would appreciate any thoughts on the names I regged as well (recent thread w/ washingtondcusa.info and more in the title).

Happy Holidays!
 
Also just picked up HiroshimaJapan.info on the drop last night. ;)
 
You have inspired me, Justin. So I have picked NagasakiJapan.info about 5 minutes ago.
 

I would say, high $xx to low $xxx... Taipei may be a "gamma world city", but the population is not rich, yet the city has many industries which worsen its air and ecology.

Rockefeller has just appraised domain PompanoBeachFL.info at "$2.99" (while Pompano Beach is a nice Florida coastal city with resorts and very nice climate, with no winters). So I guess, as Taipei has about 25 times more population, yet not so good ecology and air, thus the value of TaipeiTaiwan.info is no more than high $xx to low xxx: to get this amount, just multiply Rockefeller's appraisal of PompanoBeachFL.info ($2.99) by 25 or let us say even by 30, and you will get the amount of high $xx.
 
to get this amount, just multiply Rockefeller's appraisal of PompanoBeachFL.info ($2.99) by 25 or let us say even by 30, and you will get the amount of high $xx.

How do you come up with these ridiculous formulas cooldomain?
 
since when is air quality is a new measure for appraising domains, if that is true Beijing.com and losangeles.com are worthless...I think you gotta start making sense ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom