Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR Nov 11, 09 Featuring Senior.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mikeyboy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
perhaps, Im still interested in this "tale" he said he would tell us after the 11th

guesses on what senior.ca will go for...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hhhmmm sure is cold outside today, weather was supposed to be 50ish but felt like 30's with the wind chill here.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
senior.ca $2250 @ Sibername

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yep :) confirmed lol

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats to Expert.ca for MutualFunds.ca

Some other people need to get their programmers butt kicked. I know we're talking micro seconds but if you have first kick at the can and you picked up some LLL.ca instead of mutualfunds, thats a joke.

And Pool/rebel taking salim over mutualfunds, wow. I'm pretty sure mutualfunds would have attracted some more bids.

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I picked up goldparty after the TBR, don't know how it made it through.

also got dadz and 40plus in the tbr. 40plus will be used for dating.

was a better tbr this week than recent ones, many good brandable names too.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Some other people need to get their programmers butt kicked. I know we're talking micro seconds but if you have first kick at the can and you picked up some LLL.ca instead of mutualfunds, thats a joke.

And Pool/rebel taking salim over mutualfunds, wow. I'm pretty sure mutualfunds would have attracted some more bids.

I'm not sure if you know how it works Butler...but in the first couple of seconds mutualfunds would have been taken.

Of course they tried to get it but failed...so you move on and try for other names. Don't forget there are a lot of registrars competing for the top names.

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is my two cents on this and for full disclosure I did not get mutual funds nor do I intend to bid on senior at sibername. But my opinion is that mutual funds is worth more than banks sold and is easily a 100K domain...easy. I on the other hand, not a big fan of senior...its a nice generic and all but when you think of the end user value, its not even in the same universe as mutual funds.

I continue to be surprised by some of the names that drop. Corporate domains for some very large organizations have dropped this year...how that happens for a big company puzzles me. Also there seems to be an endless supply of 3 letters...waiting for the day those dry up hopefully :)

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Over 40 NNN.ca's dropped and the following are still available:

027.ca
028.ca
029.ca
035.ca
042.ca
045.ca
052.ca
067.ca
082.ca
097.ca

All other NNN.ca's are registered. The zero in the front kills it for me, but someone might want to pull the trigger on these...

I picked up a lot of NNN's ...i'd buy more but i have over 10% of what is registered

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's see how long the NNN stay unregged, even with the 0 in front they still have value IMO. Especially the 27, 28, 29 if for example your birthday falls on that day of the month.

Out of banks, mutualfunds and senior I would also take mutualfunds - so easy to develop an information site on the different kinds of funds - and so many potential advertisers.

the NNN also make good short domains for mobile sites, pefect for use with smartphones.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the NNN also make good short domains for mobile sites said:
Yes, I think these along with short generic domains will be in greater demand sooner then later.
Of the 2, I prefer, short generics with meaning.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you know how it works Butler...but in the first couple of seconds mutualfunds would have been taken.

Of course they tried to get it but failed...so you move on and try for other names. Don't forget there are a lot of registrars competing for the top names.

If you look over at Sibernames they show you the order of registrations in the most recent TBR (Last run results or something like that). Its interesting because mutualfunds went 9th with some LLL.ca before. I would have had mutualfund entered as the first domain to try and reg on any system that was trying to grab TBRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators