Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR Nov 11, 09 Featuring Senior.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you look over at Sibernames they show you the order of registrations in the most recent TBR (Last run results or something like that). Its interesting because mutualfunds went 9th with some LLL.ca before. I would have had mutualfund entered as the first domain to try and reg on any system that was trying to grab TBRs.

I am almost 100 % certain that the order they are displayed in the results in sibername is not the order they were picked up.

Don't forget ...let's say pool has 20 registrars that they are partnered with..and they tell each registrar to try and get mutualfunds...and they fail...then essentially what they have done is lost on 20 other names basically because now they have to retry for other names.

If i'm wrong..someone correct me.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The whole thing is a mystery to me. Are all 3,000 to 4,000 TBR names available EXACTLY at 2pm EST, or do they get released in batches?

Seems like the best ones are always taken near the beginning.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HG from my understanding they are all released at once and each registrar has a shot at picking up names until they are all gone. Of course most names are picked up within a few minutes. The majority get dropped i assume.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's like throwing candy on the ground and kids chasing them...if you head towards the big candy bar and someone beats you to it...others are grabbing other candies as you wasted time and effort trying to get the big prize. That is why some target lower value domains and get them cause of less competition of people trying to catch em. Its all based on luck timing and numbers. Thats why some companies get so many good names they have more kids chasing candy on their behalf. But sometimes the solo kid gets the big prize though. :)

thats my thoughts why the big names are not always first. I'm sure there are tricks and ways to improve your chances....but I'm not sure anybody is going to tell us.

If you bid higher before drop I bet the drop company will try harder. :)

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's like throwing candy on the ground and kids chasing them...if you head towards the big candy bar and someone beats you to it...others are grabbing other candies as you wasted time and effort trying to get the big prize. That is why some target lower value domains

Sounds like my sex life in college. Why try for the one hot girl, when you have 10 mediocre ones to choose from.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...lol

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dreamed I got senior.ca then woke up and just realized I am a senior...crap. Congrats to all who got what they wanted!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dreamed I got senior.ca then woke up and just realized I am a senior...crap. Congrats to all who got what they wanted!

LMAO... yes congrats to the lucky winners

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dreamed I was bidding on seniors.ca and then I woke up...thank god :)

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm vacationing in Mexico and the wife gave me an evil eye when i talked about domains. so I missed them all. With the amount of tequila and beer who knows what I would have bought.:eek:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
senior ended at a respectable price. I was driving through Savannah and couldn't find an open wireless to continue bidding! Congrats to the winner whomever it was...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was $3k and from what I can tell only 2-3 people had interest above $2k.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators