Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Best PPC Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are my results from several months of experimenting with my domains on different ppc search engines. Please go to my website PPCIncome.com for detailed evaluation of each service.

Edit on 7-28-03: Rather than continue to update this original post, I have created a website:
PPCIncome.com
I will be updating the site periodically.

Recommended: DomainSponsor - almost $10/cpm in general, >$10/cpm for US traffic. Good names can do much better (I have some that routinely generate $20/cpm). They auto-optimize to find the best match for your name, so there is no work for you to do!! Be patient, as it takes a few weeks for the auto-optimize to do its work and find out which links generate the most revenue for you. It is fun to watch this work. You just have to be patient. Great stats too. DomainSponsor can be a bit confusing to setup. I can help you with setup, as their online help is not great. You can get extra revenue by allowing popups, and these are generally limited (no pop-up hell). Try going to CyclePro.com for an example of one of my names. DS usually want at least 50 names for signups, but they make exceptions for high volume names.

Recommended: Sedo - European ppc. Tried it with some great french words, like potage.com & boxeur.com The names did better on Fabulous. However, when I tried some good English domains, cyclepro.com, for example, Sedo generated some very high cpm values. I am now averaging around $11. The domains that do well at Sedo may not do as well as DS. See PPCIncome.com for more info.

Recommended: Fabulous.com (Roar) - around $10/cpm in general. Some names can get >$10/cpm, but it requires work on your part. The choices are huge and you can spend many hours trying to figure which option will generate the most revenue. In most cases, I find that the basic default home page generates the most consistent revenue. For a while one option works better, then it stops working so well. It depends entirely on the advertisers buying the clicks. Awesome stats. No minimum. You can start out small. You sign up at Fabulous (a registrar) but their search engine is called Roar.

TrafficZ - around $3/cpm in general. Great stats, but disappointing revenue. They have a ppc program and a cpm program. TrafficZ can be misleading on their CPM program (pays strictly on CPM - $3/cpm, not on clicks). They do not count all of the impressions, so it ends up being like $1/cpm. Only good for high volume low value traffic.

Netvisibility - The stats are so bad that it is not worth the effort. Stats give you total $/day, with no breakdown by domain. There have been many days when I received no revenue. Very suspicious, but then there are no detailed stats to check out. Revenue too low to report. Not recommended.

All of these services pay you for clicks, but the cpm's are easy to calculate, as everyone reports impressions. DomainSponsor reports impressions and US impressions, which I find to be especially informative.

Domain Summit 2024

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just updated the original post to clarify a few things. I will update the original post as I test more services.

Clarified Fabulous.com/Roar relationship (Fabulous advertises on DNForum).

Started testing Netvisibility (Searchport). No results to report yet.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On original post, I revised appraisal of Sedo, which was probably a bit unfair, given that I had never tested it on any English words.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about Namerenters?

I have all my names (un deved) there and am kinda confused....

Any opinions

I dun like thier stats

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
What about Namerenters?

I have all my names (un deved) there and am kinda confused....

Any opinions

I dun like thier stats

I checked their site. They claim $2.50/cpm. When I get some time, I will give them a try. A lot can depend on whether they count all unique visitors in that cpm. As I stated on my initial post on this thread, Trafficz claims $3/cpm on their cpm program, but then they don't count all of the traffic on their landing page, only page that clicks through. So, I found that I got $1/cpm with them.

If you have good names and enough of them, I still have found that DomainSponsor is the best. Please reread my original post. The cpm you get will depend on the quality of your traffic. Good luck. ;)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CPM --- cost per 1000 visitors, right?

So for every 1,000 visitors you get $1-$10 right?

not too good for me, I get like 0 type ins :(

I hate namerenters. Thier stats suck IMO.

Put I have a whole $.07 in my account (6 names)

Maybe my names suck...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989 CPM --- cost per 1000 visitors, right? So for every 1,000 visitors you get $1-$10 right? not too good for me, I get like 0 type ins :( I hate namerenters. Thier stats suck IMO. Put I have a whole $.07 in my account (6 names) Maybe my names suck...

It's not just your names which may suck but the affiliate program you are using with a very low payout, and lack of traffic too.

Normally only high traffic sites make any money on visitors. Low traffic sites rarely make more than small change, except if you are selling your own product/service then you can do OK with very little traffic as long as it's targeted.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

It's not just your names which may suck but the afilaite program you are using and lack of traffic too.

Normally only high traffic sites make any money on visitors. Low traffic sites rarely make more than small change, except if you are selling your own product/service then you can do OK with very little traffic as long as it's targeted.

It really depends. If you have a lot of names, you can get a lot of traffic even if each individual name does not generate a lot of traffic. If the traffic is high quality, you can get a fair amount of aggregate revenue. By placing your names on a site that has good stats (see initial post on this thread), you can learn which names are producing the revenue. Then, you can decide if some of the names warrant further development.

Y

_Yakov_

Ok, thanks, yes, sure I put my domains in the link, just wanted to make sure the optimization is automatic.
Best regards,
Yakov

Y

_Yakov_

Originally posted by hiOsilver
One more thing: If you check your Stats By Domain, you will see a link at the top of the table: "show optimization status". If you click on this, it will give you a report that shows the optimization status for each domain. Interpreting the results will not be obvious, but there is an explanation at the top of the report.

Thank you, you are really helpful.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how they were just acquired by Google, your question is very timely. I keep finding that there are more and more ppc search sites out there. I will check out Applied Semantics and report back.

I did check their site and here is some significant info:

"To join the DomainPark Affiliate Network [by Applied Semantics], your website / domain name(s) must:
Receive over 150,000 page views per month."

That works out to 5,000 pv/day which is quite a bit.

By comparison, see the initial post in this thread re: DomainSponsor & Sedo & Fabulous/Roar.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My experience is that ASI payout considerably more than the likes of trafficz.com.

But there are no statistics (yet), which makes decisions about renewal of domain names a bit difficult, and also whether or not to accept offers for the names.

150,000 pageviews per month is going to exclude the majority of folk, and will probably only cater for those who go for high traffic domains or who have hundreds of names they can set up.

Setting up with trafficz.com is very easy. Just change DNS and add domain name to trafficz portfolio.

ASI and domainsponsor.com need change of DNS and configuring of redirection or whatever for each domain, which will take a lot of time for hundreds of domains unless automated.

My experiments with several domain parking programs show that some names do better with one company and others with a different company.

This is due to lots of factors including "allowable" traffic, how good the landing page is, how well the landing page can be tailored/targetted to residual traffic, especially when the visitors are looking for things that have no direct bearing to the domain name which was being used. (eg 1004show.com - adult content)

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find that for high value and/or high volume traffic, Sedo & DomainSponsor are worth the setup effort. Fabulous.com has yielded much more revenue (100% more) than TrafficZ (on a wide range of different names), and it is just as easy to setup as TrafficZ.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. If traffic is high value or high volume, it is worth setting up redirections etc.

For low value or volume traffic, it probably isn't.

Even then, I moved about 20-25% of my domains back to trafficz as they were actually earning more there than at domainsponsor.

My best domain at domainsponsor is earning about US$13 per month at domainsponsor now compared to US$2 a month at trafficz which is nice :)

sky

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trafficz is best for me.
My best domain is earning $15-$50 per day with 1000-2000 clicks/day.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sky
Trafficz is best for me.
My best domain is earning $15-$50 per day with 1000-2000 clicks/day.

Sounds like a great name. What is it? Have you tried it anywhere else? If so, what results did you get?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why did you say 1000-2000 clicks/day?
Do you get more than one click per unique visitor?
How many uniques do you get for this name?
I really don't know how these PPC are working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom